How much longer till Red Sox fans start worrying?

anskyruben

I read an article a few weeks ago that said "Yankee fans are worried about their team being 14 1/2 games back, and Red Sox fans are worried because the Sox are only 14 1/2 games up" I don't think RSN ever stops worrying. I can't say I blame them either.

Red Sox fans, at least the ones who will admit it, always believe that no matter what lead they have on the Yankees, it isn't enough. They will always be looking over their shoulders when they're in 1st place.

6 games made up in June already. Gotta love it.:beer:

I think they are always looking over their shoulder.

The Yanks are playing great baseball right now. Now I don't expect them to chop off 6 games every 10-15 days like they have done since JBF opened his trap, but just keeping winning series and if they are anywhere between 4 and 6 games out by the All-Star break then I will be happy.

I think they are always looking over their shoulder.

The Yanks are playing great baseball right now. Now I don't expect them to chop off 6 games every 10-15 days like they have done since JBF opened his trap, but just keeping winning series and if they are anywhere between 4 and 6 games out by the All-Star break then I will be happy.

Exactly.

I doubt even the most delusional of RSN expected them to play at a .700 all year. The Sox were bound to play bad. When they had good pitching, they got no hitting or piss poor defense. And vice versa. Even Papelbon blew a game.

I think August 16 -30 will have a big impact on what the Yanks will do this season. During that period they get the Tigers twice along with the Angels who seem to have the Yanks number as well as the RedSox.

Yanks are on a nice run right now.

The Red Sox swept the Angels earlier this season. Right now the Sox are hitting a patch where the offense is struggling and the pitching is still pretty good, save for last night's debacle. It's just very comforting knowing that the offense hasn't even reach it's potential yet and we're still 8.5 games up. This offense will come around and when it does, watch out.

The Red Sox swept the Angels earlier this season. Right now the Sox are hitting a patch where the offense is struggling and the pitching is still pretty good, save for last night's debacle. It's just very comforting knowing that the offense hasn't even reach it's potential yet and we're still 8.5 games up. This offense will come around and when it does, watch out.

And then there are those like me who dont really think the Sox lineup is that great. Manny, Ortiz, Youk. After that, a whole lot of ehhhh hitters.

And then there are those like me who dont really think the Sox lineup is that great. Manny, Ortiz, Youk. After that, a whole lot of ehhhh hitters.

Agree, especially when Mike Lowell has his patented ehhhhh second half. Lugo, Pedroia, Crisp, Varitek, and JD Drew scare nobody right now.

Correct...what I was stating was that the Sox were part of the Yanks schedule during that period.....probably could have written it more clearer.

Sox will be fine ....the hitters Yankee fans dismiss are better than they are given credit for. Lowell has been a good hitter his entire career...same for Drew and Lugo. Pedroia ripped the Yanks pitching last time they met. Varitek is on pace for 18-82 which is fine from the catcher position.

Threads like this is why great enjoyment is taken when the Yankees get dismissed in the divisional series. One little run to bring em a game over .500 and here comes the chest thumping..........can HAM be far behind?

Correct...what I was stating was that the Sox were part of the Yanks schedule during that period.....probably could have written it more clearer.

Sox will be fine ....the hitters Yankee fans dismiss are better than they are given credit for. Lowell has been a good hitter his entire career...same for Drew and Lugo. Pedroia ripped the Yanks pitching last time they met. Varitek is on pace for 18-82 which is fine from the catcher position.

Threads like this is why great enjoyment is taken when the Yankees get dismissed in the divisional series. One little run to bring em a game over .500 and here comes the chest thumping..........can HAM be far behind?

Lowell, Drew and Lugo are all average hitters at best. We wont even talk about Coco Crisp. What an upgrade he's been.

Dear God I hope not.

And Gimme a break. This board has been a Mets circle jerk all season. And now all of a sudden, poof! Latin Lawyer and LI Mike are nowhere to be found.

Have the Mets fans been that bad? I didn't even have them making the play-offs due to picthing but the starters have been better than we thought so they should win the East.

Matt ----Lowell has averaged 24HR - 95 RBI's with a .275 BA in his career. Drew 26 -85 -.284. Those are more than good enough numbers on a team with Youk-Manny and Ortiz.

In fact other than ARod- Abreu-Giambi, they probably compare with any other Yankee.

Worried about a team that had to win 8 straight just to get to one game over .500?

All Sox fans knew that they would hit a rough patch. And we all knew the Yankees would get hot for a while.

Luckily neither will last.

Dear God I hope not.

And Gimme a break. This board has been a Mets circle jerk all season. And now all of a sudden, poof! Latin Lawyer and LI Mike are nowhere to be found.

I'm here 80 ,and I'll give the spanks some credit they have been playing good ball lately,what is it 9 games in a row now? ,the blowsox should be looking over thier shoulder.And as far as my Mets were are looking a little shaky right now but my boys should pull it together soon (I hope) are bats just aint doing it and are pitching has been suspect all year ,especialy Wagner.

I was generally pleasantly surprised by the way the Mets played in their first two months of the season. But we still knew it would be a dogfight to win that division without CONSISTENCY out of the pitching staff. John Maine and Oliver Perez pitched all-world early on and are coming down out of the clouds.

It's comforting to know that, despite winning only 1 of the last 10 games, the Mets are still 2 games up. The west coast road trip is coming to an end, and the next big test (for both our teams) occurs this weekend at Yankee Stadium. A sweep by either team could be deadly (though it will likely be the Yankees taking 2 of 3 in the end).

I called it in the tock tock thread, mets age and pitching aren't gonna hold up all season long. I'm gonna pull a madmike and say "NYAH NYAH! TOLD YA SO NYAH NYAH!"

As Yankee fans have ALSO been saying all season long "It's still early". You can't have it both ways. Given the fact that the Mets have struggled historically on their west coast road trips (just as the Yankees have for the most part), I like their chances to turn it around.

Just as the Yankees are in a great stretch while the Mets are in a bad one, nothing lasts forever. This weekend could be a big boost for whoever takes the series at Yankee Stadium.

As Yankee fans have ALSO been saying all season long "It's still early". You can't have it both ways. Given the fact that the Mets have struggled historically on their west coast road trips (just as the Yankees have for the most part), I like their chances to turn it around.

Just as the Yankees are in a great stretch while the Mets are in a bad one, nothing lasts forever. This weekend could be a big boost for whoever takes the series at Yankee Stadium.

yankees are gonnnaaaaaaa SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP the mess.

Let's wait just a second here before going off the deep end.

In order for the (now finally .500+) Yankees to win 95 games, they will have to play at a 104-win pace for the rest of the year. Since the inception of these Yankees, they have done nothing but underachieve.

This year will be more of the same. I do love the roller coaster ride of emotions that they are taking you guys on right now though!

Lowell, Drew and Lugo are all average hitters at best. We wont even talk about Coco Crisp. What an upgrade he's been.

Lowell has been a decent a hitter for the Sox along his career norm.

I think the Sox were hoping the Coco of his first two full seasons was the hitter they were getting, not his first two years and damm sure not this year. Lugo was a flat out mistake. He hit 'ok' in Houston and a little better in Tampa, but has sucked in LA and Boston.

In order for the (now finally .500+) Yankees to win 95 games, they will have to play at a 104-win pace for the rest of the year. Since the inception of these Yankees, they have done nothing but underachieve.

This year will be more of the same. I do love the roller coaster ride of emotions that they are taking you guys on right now though!

Isn't there a height requirement to ride a rollercoaster ? You may have to step off the ride son. Seems to me like you ate a box of clowns for lunch before you posted today.

The only one's on a roller coaster ride are yourself, and the rest of RSN

Your franchise is doomed....always have been

It wouldn;t have mattered if the Sawx were up 20 games, all of RSN would be waiting for the wheels to come off

Guess what,,,,the lug nuts are loose, and I for one will take pleasure in watching your franchise implode again

This will be the summer of hell for RSN waiting for the Yanks to overtake

It;s not if, but when!!

I guess 26 championships is underachieving, what, should we have won, 36?

Underacheivers - -

4/5 years winning the WS(beats the hell out of 1/86)

114 game win season - Red Sox barely break 100

11 straight playoff appearances, you have 0 straight right now.

10 straight division titles

If thats underachieving, Imagine what would happen if they tried??!!??

The only one's on a roller coaster ride are yourself, and the rest of RSN

Your franchise is doomed....always have been

It wouldn;t have mattered if the Sawx were up 20 games, all of RSN would be waiting for the wheels to come off

Guess what,,,,the lug nuts are loose, and I for one will take pleasure in watching your franchise implode again

This will be the summer of hell for RSN waiting for the Yanks to overtake

It;s not if, but when!!

Yanks on a winning streak, guess who shows up?

Take all the pics of the guys in your sig, and add up how may rings they have. Then take Jeter and Mo alone. Ok , time for you to go to sleep. :Nuts:

I'll ask this again, only because you're new here.

How does the past have any bearing on this season?

There are more rings this century in my sig pic than the entire Yankee team. Nite nite.

Archived