JD Drew- biggest offseason bust

Matt39

What a scrub. 70 mill for him? How soon does this guy want out of Boston or what?

Lugo is just as bad. I didn't want either of them. That's just me though. Drew isn't going to hit like this all year. he is going to find his stride and when he does Manny will reap the benefits too.

Lugo is just as bad. I didn't want either of them. That's just me though. Drew isn't going to hit like this all year. he is going to find his stride and when he does Manny will reap the benefits too.

I do not which paper it was in, but someone outlined all the Sox options at SS since the No-Arm trade and everyone of them is better then Lugo on the field and production vs. pay.

Theo royally dropped the ball with Orlando. Hanley brought in Beckett, so that is not as bad.

Thing is, Theo Epstein falls in love with certain players - looks at the OPS - and throws every other stat and intangible out the window. That's what it looks like to me.

He sure didn't look at OPS when he signed Lugo or Crisp. And boston fans should care about OPS and Sabermetric stats because without people who look at baseball players that way your first baseman would've had NO chance to make the majors.

He sure didn't look at OPS when he signed Lugo or Crisp. And boston fans should care about OPS and Sabermetric stats because without people who look at baseball players that way your first baseman would've had NO chance to make the majors.

Well, he had to have fallen in love with somethin' because these players were acquired with the intention of them batting lead-off. Now look at them. Crisp is batting 7th and Lugo is 9th. Hello?

Drew was a mistake to give that big contract- every GM is going to make some mistake -70 million dolars for one is a goodie.

JD Drew is a good player. There is no way he'll keep these numbers up for the rest of the season or his boston career. Lugo and Crisp however are not good players. Those signings boggle the mind.

Archived