Yanks 9 in a row, sweep D-backs

Kidhuman

Quite a lovely win streak. Sweep the Pirates, and D-backs as we head into the Subway Showdown this weekend against a slumping Mets team. Hopefully it can keep up and we sweep them as well.

So, all these fans squawking about how the Yanks didnt beat any real teams, we just swept a team out of first place. Hows that???????????

Quite a lovely win streak. Sweep the Pirates, and D-backs as we head into the Subway Showdown this weekend against a slumping Mets team. Hopefully it can keep up and we sweep them as well.

So, all these fans squawking about how the Yanks didnt beat any real teams, we just swept a team out of first place. Hows that???????????

I'll bite.

Didn't a lot of Yankee fans say the NL sucks, and that winning against the "minor league" teams in the Senior Circuit are not really all that special?

I'll bite.

Didn't a lot of Yankee fans say the NL sucks, and that winning against the "minor league" teams in the Senior Circuit are not really all that special?

You are incorrect. They said they sucked when the Mets and Sox were beating NL teams. When the Yankees play an NL team, everyone knows they raise their game, as they are playing the greatest franchise of all time(look at all those rings!!!!!). Therefore, the Mets are the Muts, the Sox Sux, and the Yanks are kings of the world.

Amazing what a week and a half will do for a fanbases confidence eh?

It's funny, when the Yankees were dominating the D-Backs this weekend, I originally thought that it must feel good for Yankee fans to get some revenge from the 2001 World Series.

Then I looked at the D-Backs lineup. Conor Jackson? Mark Reynolds? Miguel Montero? Not only were 24 of the 25 Dbacks on the roster not there in 2001 (the lone holdover is Randy Johnson, who didnt even make the trip to Yankee Stadium), but I've never heard of some of them. Not to take anything away from them, as they are playing good ball and even putting up decent numbers offensively, but sheesh, they all probably need to wear nametags at community events.

To be fair, they do have a great young core out in the desert. Everyone knows about Brandon Webb, but Carlos Quinten(sp?), Chad Tracy, Stephen Drew, and Chris Young...plus Hudson, who's offensive surge early on was an abbhoration, but has always played very good defensively, and Eric Byrnes, who either seems to be red hot or one of the coldest players on the planet. Same goes for Valverde, who at times looks lights out as a closer, then looks like a guy who is a mediocre set up man at best.

Like all young teams, if they get hot, they're dangerous, but they are on any given night beatable.

Archived