Chad is a winner, now kneel before him!

Barton

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone explain to me what it means when people say "Chad is a winner"?

What has he won?

more games than he's lost

ps- do you know of any other players on the team than the three QB's? You should talk about linebackers for a full week, just to keep your mind moving a little bit.

ps- do you know of any other players on the team than the three QB's? You should talk about linebackers for a full week, just to keep your mind moving a little bit.

He has a 15-14 win/loss record since tearing his rotator cuff. Not too impressive in my opinion.

And his 28/26 td-int ratio since tearing his rotator cuff......

Not to mention, he has a 28 TDs/34 turnovers since tearing his rotator cuff.

Lets face the facts. The guy is a total has been!

He has a 15-14 win/loss record since tearing his rotator cuff. Not too impressive in my opinion.

And his 28/26 td-int ratio since tearing his rotator cuff......

Not to mention, he has a 28 TDs/34 turnovers since tearing his rotator cuff.

Lets face the facts. The guy is a total has been!

maybe if you take the words "since tearing his rotator cuff" and replace that with "since the injuries that should have ended his career" and it might put things into a better perspective. We got to the playoffs last year, 10 wins. I am no chad homer, and before last season started i said publicly that his career was done, but after this last season, i am cool with giving the guy a pass for a season and letting him see what he does with a full healthy season and an offseason with no rehab to think about.

Far as I can see, you guys are really opening yourself up to some serious abuse if he does well this year with all the negative talk. Let me ask you, since Chad will be the starting qb this season, are you gonna wish him and the team luck in doing the best they can but at the same time making yourself look foolish when it is done, or do you hope he falls on his face and takes the team down with him (which is what will happen to the team if chad goes down) just to make your opinions valid? Not being a dick, just wondering what the thought process is with this for all the chad-haters.

maybe if you take the words "since tearing his rotator cuff" and replace that with "since the injuries that should have ended his career" and it might put things into a better perspective. We got to the playoffs last year, 10 wins. I am no chad homer, and before last season started i said publicly that his career was done, but after this last season, i am cool with giving the guy a pass for a season and letting him see what he does with a full healthy season and an offseason with no rehab to think about.

Far as I can see, you guys are really opening yourself up to some serious abuse if he does well this year with all the negative talk. Let me ask you, since Chad will be the starting qb this season, are you gonna wish him and the team luck in doing the best they can but at the same time making yourself look foolish when it is done, or do you hope he falls on his face and takes the team down with him (which is what will happen to the team if chad goes down) just to make your opinions valid? Not being a dick, just wondering what the thought process is with this for all the chad-haters.

I hope he (Chad) doesnt finish the season as the starter. I am not going to wish harm on him, but if a bird should fall from the sky, land on his shoulder and tear his rotator cuff....then so be it!

I hope he does finish the season. I don't think EITHER of the other QB's can take the leadership role Chad has. And Chad in previous seasons was coming off of career ending injuries. The guy is a fighter and has one full season under his belt to finally come into a second season with no injuries to worry about. 10-6 sounds good to me. If someone told me that was going to be the Jets record this past season, I would have signed up for it.

I hope he (Chad) doesnt finish the season as the starter. I am not going to wish harm on him, but if a bird should fall from the sky, land on his shoulder and tear his rotator cuff....then so be it!

I dont know why but thats hilarious, I think Bartons NE humor is rubbing off on me....

:rl::rl: POTW Nomination !!

Chad Pennington is 10-6 in the regular season and 0-1 (with a loss to the Pats) in the playoffs...

Thats as far back as my records go...

as far as Im concerned, Herm doesn't count.

Fine then.

Chad Pennington is a 31-year old QB with 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in his career.

this is the perfect example of a Jets fan being an idiot-no,a FOOTBALL fan being a complete MORON.If you wrote this kind of thing about an opposing team's starter you'd be called out big time by everyone here...cut the crap Barton-we never wish injury on any player especially our own starting QB

this is the perfect example of a Jets fan being an idiot-no,a FOOTBALL fan being a complete MORON.If you wrote this kind of thing about an opposing team's starter you'd be called out big time by everyone here...cut the crap Barton-we never wish injury on any player especially our own starting QB

I agree. In all the years I have been on Jet message boards this is the worst

remark by a Jet fan I have ever heard. Wishing that the starting QB goes down

with an injury and taking the season with him to satisfy an agenda is beyond

comprehension.

comprehension.

yea Senior that one really pissed me off when I read it first thing this morning....as I said it's bad enough when some idiot spouts off wishing an injury on an opposing player but when it's directed to one of our own-I don't care WHO it is or how well he's respected or not on a site I'm calling him out for being the jackass he's showing himself to be

yea Senior that one really pissed me off when I read it first thing this morning....as I said it's bad enough when some idiot spouts off wishing an injury on an opposing player but when it's directed to one of our own-I don't care WHO it is or how well he's respected or not on a site I'm calling him out for being the jackass he's showing himself to be

I am just wondering, there are a LOT of people on this board who have really come out against Chad being our qb, I really have to wonder how many of these people would rather be wrong and have the jets win, or are secretly hoping for Chad (and the team by extension) to tank just to make their remarks valid.

At some point the bashing against our starting qb has to stop. This is like the dumbass fans at the game who used to turn around after every play that didn't go perfectly and look up at the skyboxes and yell "god damn it hackett." I even saw one retard do that 2 seasons ago when hackett was gone! Why is it in a jets fan's nature to constantly bitch about something?

comprehension.

My agenda is getting the Jets to the superbowl. Chad is currently a roadblock on that highway. He needs to go.

And I didnt wish any harm on him, lighten up.

TURD OF THE WEEK NOMINATION (TOTW)

Saying I dont want Chad to finish the season as the starter is my opinion, and a strong one at that. We've seen enough from this has-been to know he's not a superbowl QB.

However, it does NOT mean I want him to get hurt. Him playing badly enough would be just as good, and at least not cost him his career because he'd at least be a nice backup or spot starter for another team once we bench him.

And after the Jets go 8-8 (at best) next year, you'll see for yourself that Chad is a Herm-like fraud, only a genuine good person, but a fraud nonetheless and you will all be jumping on the chad pennington hater bandwagon. Mangini wont have the ball sack to put in Clemens, even if the Jets start out 2-5 or 3-6.

The Jets are not a playoff team in 2007, mostly because we dont have a good QB.

Fine then.

Chad Pennington is a 31-year old QB with 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in his career.

POTW Nomination. You just crushed ecrub.

comprehension.

While the wishing for an injury is a little harsh, why is the thought process so hard to stomach?

I know where Barton is coming from.

I started to think that way, minus the injury take, about 10 years ago. When the Patriots sucked, 10 wins and the playoffs was great. Then they started to do it every other year and had a chance at winning Superbowl XXXI. That gave me a taste of what the Boyz, 49ers, Giants, Steelers and Skins fans experienced ad nauseum. I wanted the Patriots to win the Superbowl. Being a perennial 10 win team is not good enough.

Chad will do just enough to accomplish that when the schedule is in his favor and his has enough support. However, he is not on a Ravens 2000 Defense team. He can not just manage the games and not lose them. He eventually has to step up and lead the team. And when he does that, all he finds himself is in the Division Round and has an AFC championship Game and then a Superbowl to also win.

Chad is not good enough to do this.

Saying I dont want Chad to finish the season as the starter is my opinion, and a strong one at that. We've seen enough from this has-been to know he's not a superbowl QB.

However, it does NOT mean I want him to get hurt. Him playing badly enough would be just as good, and at least not cost him his career because he'd at least be a nice backup or spot starter for another team once we bench him.

And after the Jets go 8-8 (at best) next year, you'll see for yourself that Chad is a Herm-like fraud, only a genuine good person, but a fraud nonetheless and you will all be jumping on the chad pennington hater bandwagon. Mangini wont have the ball sack to put in Clemens, even if the Jets start out 2-5 or 3-6.

you said what you said, quit trying to lobby the turd of the week committee out of making your post the worst of the week. ;)

We made the playoffs in 2006 with a WORSE team and Chad Pennington at the helm. Look, it's nice to see that you're no longer a homer and are capable of espousing an objective viewpoint. But this is getting absolutely obnoxious. You have no reason to believe that Pennington can't lead the Jets to the playoffs this year, and you have no reason to believe that this far removed from injury with a 16 game season under his belt he can't be more than a serviceable quarterback for us. Quit your bitching and get behind your damn team. Seriously.

you said what you said, quit trying to lobby the turd of the week committee out of making your post the worst of the week. ;)

You're right, this IS what I said.........

Originally Posted by Barton viewpost.gif

Can you people f'n read? Jesus Christ. The bird joke was just that-- A F'n JOKE.

A bird probably is not heavy enough, even falling from the sky, to tear his rotator cuff. Maybe, an eagle would be big enough or some kind of large toy airplane....thats a good idea actually I'll bring one of those to training camp, fly it up in the air and crash it right into Chads right shoulder! haahahaha!!!

A bird probably is not heavy enough, even falling from the sky, to tear his rotator cuff. Maybe, an eagle would be big enough or some kind of large toy airplane....thats a good idea actually I'll bring one of those to training camp, fly it up in the air and crash it right into Chads right shoulder! haahahaha!!!

you can only win one turd of the week each week, this is a great second effort though. just don't expect ecurb to supply the model airplane.

you can only win one turd of the week each week, this is a great second effort though. just don't expect ecurb to supply the model airplane.

That would be classic. I think I can actually frame ecurb as the one who did it too. I'll just go to his site, buy some air planes and then fly 2 or 3 at a time right into chads right shoulder, like missiles! hahaahaha!!

newsNike-Ajax-missles.jpg

WAIT.....

Maybe a helicopter would do even more damage, cutting right thru his shoulder, tearing it to pieces! Maybe one of those havoc helli like on the commercials......

35444403.JPG

YOU'RE GOIN DOWN CHAD!!

Barton, get a life and please stop obsessing over Chad and his 'weaknesses'!

There are other players on the Jets roster and Chad is far from the worst.He is our starter whether you like it or not. Until Clemens is named the starter then frickin live with it!!!

Fine then.

POTW Nomination. You just crushed ecrub.

He didnt crush anything stats are meaningless in this case... many of those INT's were flukes or didnt matter in the outcome of the game... its all about getting the win...

Unlike the Jets/Pats game where Brady's INT lead directly to the JETS win...

Chad took a sub-par team and helped lead them to a 10-6 record and the playoffs... now he has another year in the system and a legit #1 RB...

I dont care if he was 75 years old and threw 100 INT's... he won 10 games and got to the playoffs on a team that was not playoff worthy.

You might not be wishing it on him Barton... but you sure as hell are hoping for it...

Archived