Could Kendall problem impact others?

4HCrew

Based on how you look at it the Jets are having a problem with one of the team captains and leaders. The guys is well respected in the locker room. Do you think the way the Jets are handling this could impact future contracts of the likes of Rhodes and Vilma? Also his agent represents Revis as well, not sure if that will have an impact. Everyone is going to say the NFL is a business but sometimes things can be handled better.

Based on how you look at it the Jets are having a problem with one of the team captains and leaders. The guys is well respected in the locker room. Do you think the way the Jets are handling this could impact future contracts of the likes of Rhodes and Vilma? Also his agent represents Revis as well, not sure if that will have an impact. Everyone is going to say the NFL is a business but sometimes things can be handled better.

The Jets already face uphill situations with both of those guys. Rhodes is gonna want a humongous contract and Vilma may prefer to play in a 4-3 scheme, where he was a pro-bowl calibre player. Everyone is gonna do whatever is in their best interests, regardless of how the Jets have handled Kendall.

ok Mike and the new answer is who? Clarke?

C'mon Tyson. madmike knows more about football in his 18 years on this earth than anyone does.

Seriously, I agree with you. Kendall has been moved around the OL and has been a consistent player and provides a much needed veteran presence.

He's obviously not a co-captain on offense because he's from Massachusetts!

Thomas Jones maybe a "beast" but if he doesn't have a good oline in front of him he isn't going to do anything.

C'mon Tyson. madmike knows more about football in his 18 years on this earth than anyone does.

Seriously, I agree with you. Kendall has been moved around the OL and has been a consistent player and provides a much needed veteran presence.

He's obviously not a co-captain on offense because he's from Massachusetts!

Thomas Jones maybe a "beast" but if he doesn't have a good oline in front of him he isn't going to do anything.

its not as though in a team game you can just start taking away parts, add suposed 'stars' here and there and expect production. The jets know what they will get from kendall, and that is more than enough to keep the guy. as someone else said, who else do we have? We didn't address it in the draft, so now we deal with it.

Look at the pats, their line is composed of all 'character guys', guys that wouldn't be nearly as good if they all went their seperate ways to play on other random teams. but as a unit, they are very very good.

team game...i think...

its not as though in a team game you can just start taking away parts, add suposed 'stars' here and there and expect production. The jets know what they will get from kendall, and that is more than enough to keep the guy. as someone else said, who else do we have? We didn't address it in the draft, so now we deal with it.

Look at the pats, their line is composed of all 'character guys', guys that wouldn't be nearly as good if they all went their seperate ways to play on other random teams. but as a unit, they are very very good.

team game...i think...

The oline is about 5 guys bonding and performing as a unit. I really feel that if Kendall isn't there this season it's going to hurt the Jets.

It's a tough situation with Kendall. He says he took a paycut for the team to help out them out last year. The Jets say that he signed that contract and has to honour it.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Jets fans: Welcome to the Patriots model of doing business.

The oline is about 5 guys bonding and performing as a unit. I really feel that if Kendall isn't there this season it's going to hurt the Jets.

It's a tough situation with Kendall. He says he took a paycut for the team to help out them out last year. The Jets say that he signed that contract and has to honour it.

:shake:

Very good point. This is sort of the first step, the second would be not only finding a replacement, but finding an all-pro replacement.

:shake:

Very good point. This is sort of the first step, the second would be not only finding a replacement, but finding an all-pro replacement.

No need for an all-pro, although that would be excellent, just a guy who gets it done.

I remember when the Pats drafted Logan Mankins with their 1st pick a couple of years ago. All of the "experts" in the media called it a stupid pick.

"The Pats should have gone with a skill player or LB....blah, blah"

He's only started every game since he was drafted!

The Jets did the right thing last year with Mangold and Ferguson.

You left out the small fact that Kendall is old and done and that he sucks.

You left out the small fact that Kendall is old and done and that he sucks.

According to you. Is he getting old? Yes. Is he done? No.

So you want to get rid of a proven lineman who played between two rookies last year and plug in?????

According to you. Is he getting old? Yes. Is he done? No.

So you want to get rid of a proven lineman who played between two rookies last year and plug in?????

I wanted the jets to sign or draft someone but since they didn't it doesn't matter. The Oline is gonna be a disaster no matter what they do probably.

I wanted the jets to sign or draft someone but since they didn't it doesn't matter. The Oline is gonna be a disaster no matter what they do probably.

you and barton need to stop using the 'copy' and 'paste' buttons so much. i know their useful, but we've heard them before. Its old, its annoying, and its unoriginal. Take a trip, get some new stuff.

so Mike what exactly is your plan after getting rid of Kendall? just say the line sucks and F it? sounds pretty ignorant to me...the line has some chemistry and he helps the youngs guys a ton..this is all haggling over a one year deal. Unless there is some stud out there the Jets have an eye on losing him will be a blow to whatever progress the jets line made.

so Mike what exactly is your plan after getting rid of Kendall? just say the line sucks and F it? sounds pretty ignorant to me...the line has some chemistry and he helps the youngs guys a ton..this is all haggling over a one year deal. Unless there is some stud out there the Jets have an eye on losing him will be a blow to whatever progress the jets line made.

It sounds like the Jets brass would be content to have Wade Smith and Adrien Clarke battling for the LG spot. So far, reports have said that Clarke has been less than impressive, but there has still yet to be a real practice with pads and stuff...Of course, I think everyone would be more comfortable if Kendall played and was happy.

The guy is a good, not great, OG and he is making $1.7 million this season. Sorry Pete, you get no pitty from me. You're making, after taxes, around $1 million a year to play football. Boy must that suck.:eek: Save your money, don't spend it and you'll be fine for life after a few years of that.

The guy is a good, not great, OG and he is making $1.7 million this season. Sorry Pete, you get no pitty from me. You're making, after taxes, around $1 million a year to play football. Boy must that suck.:eek: Save your money, don't spend it and you'll be fine for life after a few years of that.

HE'S NOT GOOD. HE'S TERRIBLE!!!

The plan should've been to address this issue in FA or in the draft. Now that they didn't do either of those things they are gonna have major problems with or without kendall. BTW the person who should be helping the young guys is called the O Line coach. It's much more important to get guys who can play.

ok Mike and the Jets should have signed Adalius but they didn't so get over it. So should the Jets just throw away the season too?

Cmon 124 you have got to be kidding me. now you are going to throw you are making a million dollars just shut up and enjoy it? you guys crack me up..with that stance no athlete should ever ask for more until their complete contract expires which we all know never happens

ok Mike and the Jets should have signed Adalius but they didn't so get over it. So should the Jets just throw away the season too?

Cmon 124 you have got to be kidding me. now you are going to throw you are making a million dollars just shut up and enjoy it? you guys crack me up..with that stance no athlete should ever ask for more until their complete contract expires which we all know never happens

The line is a huge question mark with or without Kendall.

Why does he deserve more? He is making enough money and should honor his contract unless he plays above and beyond and he has not. So what if he helped out Mangold and D'Brick learn some schemes, thats his job. He should get a pay raise for doing so? Maybe, but not a million to a million and a half more that he is seeking.

I totally don't get what kendall's problem is, he has a contract, let him just play. It's not like he was so awsome last year that he deserves a huge raise. I'm with you 124, the guy makes a million a year, he gets no sympathy from me!

At the same time, I think this affair is becoming a bit of a distraction, so hopefully they work something out soon.

Why does he deserve more? He is making enough money and should honor his contract unless he plays above and beyond and he has not. So what if he helped out Mangold and D'Brick learn some schemes, thats his job. He should get a pay raise for doing so? Maybe, but not a million to a million and a half more that he is seeking.

He took a pay cut when when the Jets went 4-12 in 2005 by restructuring his contract.

He played well last year and from what he said he had a verbal agreement with the Jets to up his salary this year.

Good luck without Kendall.

He took a pay cut when when the Jets went 4-12 in 2005 by restructuring his contract.

He played well last year and from what he said he had a verbal agreement with the Jets to up his salary this year.

Good luck without Kendall.

Where the hell did you get the idea that he played well last year?

Archived