Could Kendall problem impact others?

4HCrew

he was terrible. those rookies made him look good at times.

Did you even watch the games last year?

Besides Mangold, Kendall was the best player on the line last year. I can't believe what some people are saying about his play.

Am I saying that he looked like Larry Allen in his prime? No, but there was a reason why 15-20 teams were interested in Kendall after Dennis Green cut him. It's because he's a GOOD left guard. He played well last year on a bad line. Now everyone is interested in cutting him simply to prove a point. Pete Kendall does not need to be on this team; however, someone who can play up to Pete's level does need to be on this team, specifically at left guard. If you're going to trust some kid with 4 games of experience, you're silly.

Did you even watch the games last year?

Besides Mangold, Kendall was the best player on the line last year. I can't believe what some people are saying about his play.

Am I saying that he looked like Larry Allen in his prime? No, but there was a reason why 15-20 teams were interested in Kendall after Dennis Green cut him. It's because he's a GOOD left guard. He played well last year on a bad line. Now everyone is interested in cutting him simply to prove a point. Pete Kendall does not need to be on this team; however, someone who can play up to Pete's level does need to be on this team, specifically at left guard. If you're going to trust some kid with 4 games of experience, you're silly.

I don't know how to argue with you other than to say that I saw every game and because I played Oline in high school thats the thing I watch the most (and know the most about) on a football field. There is NO WAY that he was the 2nd best player on that line.

I don't know how to argue with you other than to say that I saw every game and because I played Oline in high school thats the thing I watch the most (and know the most about) on a football field. There is NO WAY that he was the 2nd best player on that line.

D'brick looked like a turnstile at times and was average at best. Brandon Moore could start for MAYBE 3-5 teams in the NFL, and I'm being gracious with that number. Anthony Clement sucks. Pete's a savvy vet. If you can tell me who was better than him last year, I'm all ears.

D'brick looked like a turnstile at times and was average at best. Brandon Moore could start for MAYBE 3-5 teams in the NFL, and I'm being gracious with that number. Anthony Clement sucks. Pete's a savvy vet. If you can tell me who was better than him last year, I'm all ears.

You're selling brick short. He had some bad games but as the season wore on he was very consistent. Aside from that the other 3 guys were all horrible which is why I was so worried about the oline after last year and during the FA and draft periods. Being the 3rd best player on that line is pretty meaningless.

I want GOOD PLAYERS on the line. I don't really care how old they are.

According to you Kendall sucked arse. Interesting stance as everyone else in this thread saw Kendall play well.

Of course you are right as you are madmike. Mr. "I'm always right."

According to you Kendall sucked arse. Interesting stance as everyone else in this thread saw Kendall play well.

Of course you are right as you are madmike. Mr. "I'm always right."

Who saw him play well 2 other people? And I doubt they know how to judge oline play like I do having played there.

Kendall is a JAG too. They need to make a trade or hope someone good gets cut...

Kendall is only a 12 year vet.

If the Jets get rid of him then they have some problems on the OL.

Good Luck Thomas Jones.

enough money based on what? honor your contract, those are funny words in this day and age. We shall see what happens

If you're that stupid or that selfish that you cannot get by on $1 million + a year budget, then you get no sympathy from me. This guy has already been in the league 10+ years, as a starter, so think of all the money that he should've saved up in that time. He should be set for life already, if hes not, that is his own fault. I'm sorry, but you get no sympathy from me when you're a good, not great, maybe even average, offensive lineman who is making $1.7 million a year, plus playoff incentives.

absolutely incorrect. kendell made the rookies (esp dbrick) look better. to what many didn't know, kendell made coverage calls on the o-line for the first few weeks...not mangold. Also, he had to help out on some of dbrick's blown assignments. personally, i like kendell and i think he should get paid because with him mangold and dbrick will develop. we MUST find a solution soon though

Kendall had a choice & he made it. He chose guaranteed money to restructure with the Jets. Now that he sees others got more, he doesn't want to live up to his end of the arrangement. What are the odds that he would have returned one red cent of the bonus money (or salary) from 2006 if he was absolutely the worst OG in the league? About 0%. And if the Jets gave him more money & he sucked cowballs would he return any money to them? No. He has no beef.

As best as I can tell here is the situation:

March 2006:

Jets: Pete we'd like you to restructure since we're over the cap. You'll end up getting the same money, except that more of it will be up front instead of all of it in salary. It's a great deal for you if you planned on staying here. Of course, you don't have to take it. We can release you and you can hit the FA market instead.

Kendall: I'll take it.

2007:

Kendall: I didn't realize I might have gotten more money if I was a FA this year. I'd like to take back my decision, though I will not return any of the bonus money you gave me up front last year.

Jets: blow me.

Kendall had a choice & he made it. He chose guaranteed money to restructure with the Jets. Now that he sees others got more, he doesn't want to live up to his end of the arrangement. What are the odds that he would have returned one red cent of the bonus money (or salary) from 2006 if he was absolutely the worst OG in the league? About 0%. And if the Jets gave him more money & he sucked cowballs would he return any money to them? No. He has no beef.

As best as I can tell here is the situation:

March 2006:

Jets: Pete we'd like you to restructure since we're over the cap. You'll end up getting the same money, except that more of it will be up front instead of all of it in salary. It's a great deal for you if you planned on staying here. Of course, you don't have to take it. We can release you and you can hit the FA market instead.

Kendall: I'll take it.

2007:

Kendall: I didn't realize I might have gotten more money if I was a FA this year. I'd like to take back my decision, though I will not return any of the bonus money you gave me up front last year.

Jets: blow me.

POTW Nomination.

Who saw him play well 2 other people? And I doubt they know how to judge oline play like I do having played there.

You played OLine for the Jets? The Road Grader is that you?

What is Dave Caddigan like? Seems like a nice guy but I always wondered.

2 people on Jetnation.com think Pete Kendall played well so it must be so. The guy is an old, undersized, overrated player who is holding the Jets front office hostage right now after they decided to neglect the O-line this off-season. It's not that he played well last season, he just played LG better than anyone else the Jets had at the position.

So much for being a Mangini "character" guy. Pete Kendall is no different than 95% of the players in this league. Getting paid comes before winning.

How can you be so sure he's so bad? Does he have a bad WHIP?

Kendall is a JAG too. They need to make a trade or hope someone good gets cut...

If you know so much about O-line play you might understand that the O-line has to perform as a unit. Even if your guys aren't the best, swapping them out will usually cause the team to take a step back. That's why I'm glad that we re-signed Clement (who I think pretty much sucks). You are grossly underrating the Jets '06 line. They were not dominant and were piss poor in run blocking, but they pass blocked quite well. That's pretty important with the egg back there. I don't like the idea of constantly changing your "hold the fort" lineman for the sake of change.

If you're that stupid or that selfish that you cannot get by on $1 million + a year budget, then you get no sympathy from me. This guy has already been in the league 10+ years, as a starter, so think of all the money that he should've saved up in that time. He should be set for life already, if hes not, that is his own fault. I'm sorry, but you get no sympathy from me when you're a good, not great, maybe even average, offensive lineman who is making $1.7 million a year, plus playoff incentives.

Forget sympathy. I don't expect anybody to feel sympathy for a guy making that kind of scratch, but there are times somebody might make $5M and be underpaid. IMO, whether Kendall is under or overpaid is irrelevant. Look at it as a business decision: is it worth it to give Kendall a minor raise to keep this line together or don't give him a cent extra because then everyone else will try to hold us hostage?

We also have to consider that some people are counting on Clarke-a 7th round pick with 4 games of experience coming off back surgery. Not exactly a slam dunk replacement.

2 people on Jetnation.com think Pete Kendall played well so it must be so. The guy is an old, undersized, overrated player who is holding the Jets front office hostage right now after they decided to neglect the O-line this off-season. It's not that he played well last season, he just played LG better than anyone else the Jets had at the position.

So much for being a Mangini "character" guy. Pete Kendall is no different than 95% of the players in this league. Getting paid comes before winning.

Bingo.

bottom line everyone in the working world wants more money..if they say they don't they are lying. Some just go about it different ways. Some say Kendall sucks, some say he doesn't.. I say if he goes there is no one on the current roster that can replace him and that is a problem, for both Chad and the running game. But then again what the hell do I know, I am only a football fan.

bottom line everyone in the working world wants more money..if they say they don't they are lying. Some just go about it different ways. Some say Kendall sucks, some say he doesn't.. I say if he goes there is no one on the current roster that can replace him and that is a problem, for both Chad and the running game. But then again what the hell do I know, I am only a football fan.

Jets should trade for Alan Faneca. Not only would Faneca be a major upgrade over Kendall he'd make D'Brickashaw Ferguson look a lot better the way Steve Hutchison made Walter Jones look good in Seattle.

31 teams said he wasn't worth a fourth-round pick or better. So, now 32 teams see him for what he is. A player on the decline.

I guarantee Kendall's position will be replaced. There's no way we play only four guys on the line this year.

Jets should trade for Alan Faneca. Not only would Faneca be a major upgrade over Kendall he'd make D'Brickashaw Ferguson look a lot better the way Steve Hutchison made Walter Jones look good in Seattle.

Steve Hutchinson made Walter Jones look good in Seattle?

I was pretty sure that Walter Jones and his five pro bowl appearances looked good BEFORE the arrival of Steve Hutchinson.

i don't want more money if it means i have to work harder.

The oline is about 5 guys bonding and performing as a unit. I really feel that if Kendall isn't there this season it's going to hurt the Jets.

It's a tough situation with Kendall. He says he took a paycut for the team to help out them out last year. The Jets say that he signed that contract and has to honour it.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Jets fans: Welcome to the Patriots model of doing business.

Who else thinks they should just pay the man?

No. I played in high school so I know something about the position.

:rl: potw nom! thats awsome, if you think playing a little bit of guard in high school equates to evaluating NFL talent, then i think you need an application for the NYJ, and should hand deliever it to Mangini.

](*,)

:rl: potw nom! thats awsome, if you think playing a little bit of guard in high school equates to evaluating NFL talent, then i think you need an application for the NYJ, and should hand deliever it to Mangini.

](*,)

i drove real fast in my 1988 camry once in high school, i'm tryin out for daytona next year-- ps i think he should get a TOTW nom also, drago.

i drove real fast in my 1988 camry once in high school, i'm tryin out for dayton next year-- ps i think he should get a TOTW nom also, drago.

damn dude, i missed my chance for the TOTW nom. many apologies.

Did i mention to anyone that i played 2 guard on my High School JV team? i came off the bench and all but...

Michael Redd sucks.

Archived