Yanks back from dead: Revived Pinstripes are nightmare to Sox fans

nj meadowlands

I have to say... it's fun reading the Globe and Herald this week

Yanks back from dead: Revived Pinstripes are nightmare to Sox fans

By Karen Guregian

Boston Herald General Sports Reporter and Columnist

Friday, June 15, 2007 - Updated: 10:34 AM EST

On May 20, with a series on tap against the Yankees, David Ortiz [stats] pretty much summed up what everyone in and around New England was thinking - and gloating - when it came to the free-falling Pinstripes.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yankee fans say that the Red Sox fans are overly obsessed with them.

I declare it pretty even.

Wrong as usual. The city of boston is completely obsessed with the yankees. They chant yankees suck at Celtics Patriots and Bruins games. You won't hear "boston sucks" or "red sox suck" at any new york venue beside yankee stadium.

Wrong as usual. The city of boston is completely obsessed with the yankees. They chant yankees suck at Celtics Patriots and Bruins games. You won't here "boston sucks" or "red sox suck" at any new york venue beside yankee stadium.

Last time I wore a Yankees hat in Boston I got a lot more attention than a RedSox hat does in NYC....

and your right about the fans at other games... Boston is obsessed with the Yankees....

Wrong as usual. The city of boston is completely obsessed with the yankees. They chant yankees suck at Celtics Patriots and Bruins games. You won't hear "boston sucks" or "red sox suck" at any new york venue beside yankee stadium.

nah.

You are totally wrong.

Scott is totally right, hence his POTW nominee from above :P

An article about the Yankees in a Boston newspaper is proof that Yankee fans are obsessed with the Red Sox?

Only in Bizzarro Mets World.

Well if they keep telling themselves that... it must be the truth!

bizzaro.jpg

An article about the Yankees in a Boston newspaper is proof that Yankee fans are obsessed with the Red Sox?

Only in Bizzarro Mets World.

It will get very interesting if the lead gets cut to 2-3 soon.;) I wonder what the papers will say at that point.

Note that it was a Yankee fan, looking for articles on Boston, and postin g what made his day on a New York fan forum.

Aaaaactually, I have a news ticker that displays articles from all the major newspapers in the country, and that is one of the articles that happened to pop up.

Thanks for playing Scott!

Aaaaactually, I have a news ticker that displays articles from all the major newspapers in the country, and that is one of the articles that happened to pop up.

Thanks for playing Scott!

OK, never mind. You really are not making an issue of the Red Sox, or care what their fans or players think, nor did you post a thread starter about any of that.

OK.

OK, never mind. You really are not making an issue of the Red Sox, or care what their fans or players think, nor did you post a thread starter about any of that.

OK.

Yeah, it's such a big deal to post an article about how the team your chasing is getting nervous.

:shock: Oh brother.

Too bad he swung and missed.

You guys are really a sensitive lot.

Ok-have it your way-

Do not point out the hypocrisy of Yankee fans on this board.

From hereon out, Only Yankee fans can talk about the Yankees, and when other fans talk about the Yanlkees, they will be branded as jealous and obsessed. When Yankee fans do that, it will be "keeping an eye on teh competition".

Very good

Ok-have it your way-

From hereon out, Only Yankee fans can talk about the Yankees, and when other fans talk about the Yanlkees, they will be branded as jealous and obsessed. When Yankee fans do that, it will be "keeping an eye on teh competition".

Very good

Mets fans here start many more threads about the Yankees than vice versa, correct?

You're building this up in your head. Nothing wrong with Yanks fans talking about the Sawx, its the biggest rivalry in sports.

Ok-have it your way-

Very good

Nobody says 2 sh#ts when gimmeshelter posts all his yankee articles.

Stop crying and whining. You are the one being sensitive. I dont know how 80 posting a f'n article gets you so annoyed, and it clearly does because you didnt comment about the article, but you commented about the poster.......

Stop crying and whining. You are the one being sensitive. I dont know how 80 posting a f'n article gets you so annoyed, and it clearly does because you didnt comment about the article, but you commented about the poster.......

POTW nominee!

Great point Barton, SJ and Dierk came into this thread with Yankee fan bashing on their minds. nice slam dunk! :Nuts:

Sounds like you have a problem with gimmeshelter.

Also from the sound of it, you are the one that is both annoyed and sensitive by the use of your language.

We can just stop it right now, no?

Ok-have it your way-

Very good

Scott you're so melodramatic. 80 posted a Boston article about the Yankees and how the Red Sox are worried about them. How exactly does that make him a hypocrite? As he said he simply came across the article and was hardly scouring the pages of the Boston Globe.

You're just trying to build something out of nothing.

Sounds like you have a problem with gimmeshelter.

Also from the sound of it, you are the one that is both annoyed and sensitive by the use of your language.

We can just stop it right now, no?

Nobody slams GS when he posts yankee things and rightfully so. But you bashed not only 80, but yankee fans as a whole for posting an article? You're just trying to make a mountain out of a mohill. I guess I shouldnt be surprised as you have said before you hate Yankees fans.

Nobody slams GS when he posts yankee things and rightfully so. But you bashed not only 80, but yankee fans as a whole for posting an article? You're just trying to make a mountain out of a mohill. I guess I shouldnt be surprised as you have said before you hate Yankees fans.

I guess it is only me that has allowed this thread to needless elongate to multiple pages. Yes, it is only ME making a mountain out of a "mohill".

I never said I hate all Yankee fans. Some I do. As a matter of fact, I have some of the best sport conversations on this board with SOME of them. SOME of them have quite a knowledge base that I can learn from.

Last time I wore a Yankees hat in Boston I got a lot more attention than a RedSox hat does in NYC....

and your right about the fans at other games... Boston is obsessed with the Yankees....

Have you worn a Red Sox hat in NY? Until you do, you can't make that statement.

Want some Italian?

Archived