Do we see Brad Smith throw the ball this year?

leviot

I would love to see him be used in a variety of ways in this offense, kinda like Randle El in Pit. All of last year, I was waiting for him to have a pass play, and it never came. Obviously, if he had done it well in practice, he would've done it in a game. I'm curious to see what Schotty has in mind for him this year.

Didn't he throw the ball against the Eagles last year? I think he was all over the place in that game. Threw, ran, caught, and rushed for a TD.

Brad Smith is a box of chocolates. You never know which one yer ginna git. :P My guess is that Schottenheimer is going to have him concentrate on his receiving skills, mostly; but teams started looking for certain things from him after we pulled it out of the hat a few times. I'm thinking we see some exciting things, though.

Didn't he throw the ball against the Eagles last year? I think he was all over the place in that game. Threw, ran, caught, and rushed for a TD.

Brad Smith is a box of chocolates. You never know which one yer ginna git. :P My guess is that Schottenheimer is going to have him concentrate on his receiving skills, mostly; but teams started looking for certain things from him after we pulled it out of the hat a few times. I'm thinking we see some exciting things, though.

:good: Nice post dude. :biggrin:

That's part of the problem right there, we would run reverses and stuff with him but he'd never throw the ball, so teams just played him to run the ball. I think the kid's got a world of talent and can be utilized in many ways.

That's part of the problem right there, we would run reverses and stuff with him but he'd never throw the ball, so teams just played him to run the ball. I think the kid's got a world of talent and can be utilized in many ways.

I love that shot of Rhodes in your avatar. It's on my desktop, as a matter of fact.

Yes, I agree. The Randle El comparison was made when he was drafted, but I think he could be better than him. He's a gifted athlete, no question.

Brad Smith is an excellent athelete, the Jets need to figure out how to use him. While he can throw the ball, He needs to develop his receiving skills. I think he has the ability to be a good one, however if they keep focusing on the gadget plays I am not sure he will develop into a good position player. Last season most of the time he was on the field on offense it was some kind of trick play. I would like to see him just line up and run routes from time to time.

If the ball is in Brad Smith's hands, something good will usually happen. The only problem I thought last season was everytime he was brought into the game on 4th & 1 and 4th & 2, the defenses knew it was a run, surprise the **** out of them, throw it our option it, do something different then take the snap and charge up the middle.

Archived