Sign in to follow this  
Barton

Lets hear it for the Mets!!

It's nice to know the Mets are 3-13 in their last 16 games and still holding on to 1st place, while the Yanks are 13-3 in the same stretch and still 8.5 games back.

God I love the National League.

Threads like this is why most take great delight when the Yanks get dismissed in the divisional round. You split the season series and act like you beat us 5 of 6. You also lost a game in the standings. 124 finds the need to talk about 2000 upon realizing the Yanks have played .500 ball against the Mets the past two seasons. Barton is just Barton the waffle king.

No dis intended to the classier Yank fans who realize the Yanks accomplished nothing against the Mets this season.

Now carry on with the circle jerk but please.....CHECK THE STANDINGS.

Note* see Bob's post for the proper response to this w/end.

We do the same stuff. Give it a rest GS, there are idiots for both teams. Enough with the "holier than thou" mantra....on both sides.

JF80 -- Great post. Seriously we all do it. None of us are right when we do it. But it happens anyway.

What can I say. The Yankees humble the Mets every season when Interleague Play comes along, either by stalemating the Mets with a 3-3 tie in the series or simply keeping them from putting the hammer down. Add to that the Mets lackluster stretch over the last 3 weeks, and there is absolutely nothing that can be added to the discussion from our perspective.

Hell, the Mets won't even win the Wild Card if they can't find an answer to their pitching woes. The bridge to Billy Wagner sucks (and I don't trust Wagner in a big spot, either), Glavine is (finally) showing his age, and role players (Ruben Gotay, Endy Chavez, Carlos Gomez) are seeing way too much time on the field right now. Signing all those aging stop-gaps are finally starting to come back to haunt Omar Minaya.

Actually, that's the mark of a crap division.

Crap division or not, those Atlanta Braves are helping you out right now (6-1 ATL leading Boston in the 5th).

By the way, are the Blue Jays, D-Rays and Orioles really all that much better than the Phillies, Nationals and Marlins? I wouldn't mind facing any of those teams 19 times each.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company