Sign in to follow this  
Barton

Lets hear it for the Mets!!

Threads like this is why most take great delight when the Yanks get dismissed in the divisional round. You split the season series and act like you beat us 5 of 6. You also lost a game in the standings. 124 finds the need to talk about 2000 upon realizing the Yanks have played .500 ball against the Mets the past two seasons. Barton is just Barton the waffle king.

No dis intended to the classier Yank fans who realize the Yanks accomplished nothing against the Mets this season.

Now carry on with the circle jerk but please.....CHECK THE STANDINGS.

Note* see Bob's post for the proper response to this w/end.

We do the same stuff. Give it a rest GS, there are idiots for both teams. Enough with the "holier than thou" mantra....on both sides.

I would hope I have never started a dis thread upon splitting 6 games with a opponent.

Mets will be fine. Coming into the season I felt they would miss the play-offs due to pitching but the staff has been a nice suprise. All teams slump at some point and Omar will be a player come the trade deadline. Mark of a good team is being banged up during the schedule we just had and still being in 1st place.

Only Yankee fans can try and justify being 8 back while downplaying the fact the Mets are in 1st place. Worry about that 8-15 record in the weak AL East.

Only Met homers won't admit that the Mets are only still in first place because their division is awful.

Not getting into this silly debate but amused how once again some Yank fans insist on playing "if we could pick the division we are in".

Toronto is better than any team in the NL east, mets aside. And the Yankees and Red Sox would be the best teams in the entire NL. The drays would compete in the NL too.

Hey, its the way it is so there is no sense in harping on it but lets not pretend the NL is not the complete joke that the entire AL knows it is. Just look at the interleague beatdowns.

Then why have the Yanks only split with the Mets the last 2 seasons if they'd be the best team in the NL East? Toronto sucks and 3 or 4 NL East teams are better than them. Typical Barton speak .

Riddle me this----what does it say that the Yanks just won 11 of 12 yet are only 3 games above .500? It means with the exception of 2 weeks they have sucked all season.

New rule: When the Yanks are struggling to obtain a .500 record and chasing the WC they get to switch divisions. Again for the dumb and thick headed, NL rosters would be built much differently if they were part of the AL.

06 play-offs....Tigers completely embarass Yanks......NL Cards embarass Tigers.

Current defending World Champs reside in the NL. Instead of playing " if we could pick our division", worry about the WC and possibly escaping the division round at a 200 mill plus payroll.

And please, no history lesson responses concerning Yankee teams many never saw play. Stay current where you will find there are 12 teams in MLB with better records than the Yanks. But hey, if you were only in the NL West you'd show the BB world.:P

BTW, the poor misfortunate having to play in the big bad AL East Yanks are about .500 against winning teams all season.

Beacause there pitching staff was a mess for 6 weeks of the season. Now that they have worked through their spring training period, they are gelling and performing up to snuff.

LOL...so we now have played the,

Woe is the Yankees have to play in the AL card.

Woe is the Yankees have to play in the AL East card.

Woe is the Yankees record due to injuries card.

Met fans lost 2/3 of their outfield , their 2nd baseman and one of their SP's yet never complain about injuries.

Gel this, you are 8 games out of first and 5 out of the WC with the highest payroll in baseball. Remember Met fans took it easy on the Yank fans until the recent chest thumping began at the first sign of a winning streak. I think Yank fans are like this due to years of listening to the Yankee Excuse Station and homers like Georgie girl, Sterling and Kay. Maybe for another 50 mill in payroll MLB will let you hand pick the division you play in....for another 100 mill they'll let you cross off the teams you don't want to play.

Bull****.

And you cry too much.

It's annoying.

Really? Am I complaining about injuries or schedule or the league I play in.

Every time the Yanks don't look like a sure thing the "league comparisons" start.

It's weak and while I have no issues with you, if my responding to those lame excuses bothers you, use the ignore feature.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company