Which sum is greater???

Jet/BosoxFan

The total amount of intelligence-insulting, baseless, lame 1978 references in tonight's game by Miller & Morgan

-or-

The total amount of threads (not posts) made by chest-thumping Yankee honks after luckily winning a meaningless series against a superior team who continues to own the bragging rights to New York?

Either way, can someone answer this for me? I muted Miller and Morgan for fear that I would toss my cookies and I cannot understand the broken English/meathead jargon that so many of them use.

The total amount of intelligence-insulting, baseless, lame 1978 references in tonight's game by Miller & Morgan

-or-

The total amount of threads (not posts) made by chest-thumping Yankee honks after luckily winning a meaningless series against a superior team who continues to own the bragging rights to New York?

Either way, can someone answer this for me? I muted Miller and Morgan for fear that I would toss my cookies and I cannot understand the broken English/meathead jargon that so many of them use.

Just curious and I am being serious -- please explain in detail -- how the Mets own bragging rights to NY?

Just curious and I am being serious -- please explain in detail -- how the Mets own bragging rights to NY?

OK...I will. But please, realize that I am not trying to be incendiary in any way. Im giving u an objective look at the state of baseball in NY and answering Max's question.

Plain and simple...the Yankees suck and the Mets are good. In fact, the mets are really good and the Yankees are under-achieving tenfold. They had a terrible start and will probably not recover.

Granted, they are playing well lately and all pistons seem to be firing. TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

The Mets organization has everything (star power/great players) the Yankees have without the baggage! No A-rods, Giambis*, or Clemens' to hate! They are likely headed to the postseason and possibly into a dynasty. Wright and Reyes are guys you build a dynasty around! The Yankees ended their dynasty days 6 years ago and wont be building one any time soon.

The torch has been passed.

The Mets even have the history. I always found their history in the '60s, going from the worst of the worst to winning the 1969 World Series to be fascinating. No hard feelings for '86. I always saw that as the Sox blowing an opportunity and the Mets happened to be there to take advantage.

Though i do think we'll be seeing them in the postseason shortly...and I'd love to give them a receipt.

Face it Max, the glory years are over in the Bronx.

-or-

Other

I believe its the team with the highest payroll to not make the playoffs.

The 2006 boston red sox. 140 million.

OK...I will. But please, realize that I am not trying to be incendiary in any way. Im giving u an objective look at the state of baseball in NY and answering Max's question.

Plain and simple...the Yankees suck and the Mets are good. In fact, the mets are really good and the Yankees are under-achieving tenfold. They had a terrible start and will probably not recover.

Granted, they are playing well lately and all pistons seem to be firing. TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

The Mets organization has everything (star power/great players) the Yankees have without the baggage! No A-rods, Giambis*, or Clemens' to hate! They are likely headed to the postseason and possibly into a dynasty. Wright and Reyes are guys you build a dynasty around! The Yankees ended their dynasty days 6 years ago and wont be building one any time soon.

The Mets even have the history. I always found their history in the '60s, going from the worst of the worst to winning the 1969 World Series to be fascinating. No hard feelings for '86. I always saw that as the Sox blowing an opportunity and the Mets happened to be there to take advantage.

Though i do think we'll be seeing them in the postseason shortly...and I'd love to give them a receipt.

The Mets haven't even made it to a World Series yet, no less win one. How exactly has the torch been passed? :bwahaharoll:

Too Little Too Late on june 18th? And if you knew ANYTHING about some of the pitchers the yankees have the minors you wouldn't say the glory days are over... In 2 years the yankees have gonna have an INSANE starting rotation.

Quoted for historical purposes.

Thanks for playing! hahaha!

ESPN has a new series coming out about the Yankees in 77 and 78 it seems, hence the references. Also, its the damned truth. They were 14.5 out then and were the same this year. History will repeat itself.

-or-

Last I looked, every game counted, its why they are played. It counts in the standings therefore is not meaningless.

I'm new around here. Can someone explain to me who this "thing" is ? Does this guy live a lonely life, where he just logs on to post and get everyone all reved up ? Seems to me from reading the excrement he posts, that he has an unhealthy obsession with the Yankees and what they do. I have read some of the stuff he said when they were in the toilet, and now he is having chest pains because they are doing what we all expected them to. I personally think his labia is sandy, and is getting an itch down there right before Boston chokes away the divison.

No offense to smart Mets fans, but how are they the Kings of NY ? In our only face to face WS, we smashed them. In the last decade we have outperformed them in every way. To be the KING of a town, it takes a lot more than being in first place in June rabbit boy.

I'm new around here. Can someone explain to me who this "thing" is ? Does this guy live a lonely life, where he just logs on to post and get everyone all reved up ? Seems to me from reading the excrement he posts, that he has an unhealthy obsession with the Yankees and what they do. I have read some of the stuff he said when they were in the toilet, and now he is having chest pains because they are doing what we all expected them to. I personally think his labia is sandy, and is getting an itch down there right before Boston chokes away the divison.

No offense to smart Mets fans, but how are they the Kings of NY ? In our only face to face WS, we smashed them. In the last decade we have outperformed them in every way. To be the KING of a town, it takes a lot more than being in first place in June rabbit boy.

ha ha

-or-

The Big Red Machine, that juggernaut that was humbled by an 83-win Mets team with seperated shouldered Rusty Staub as their cleanup hitter, is the greatest team of all time. Just ask Joe Morgan. There isn't any biped on earth more in need of a serious case of STFU.

i like this guy

-or-

I seem to remember a certain guy who when the Yankees were struggling in 05 kept making references to it being 1965 all over again.

We all saw how that turned out.

The only thing even remotely close to the Yankees this year and that GREAT 78 team that took down the Sox is the deficit. The 78 team was that far out later in the year then this team was.

That is it. Nothing else.

Right now everything has fallen into place for the Yanks. The question is will it stay that way the rest of the season.

One more thing. Let's not go thumping the chests after splitting 6 games with the Mets. In the first series the Mets caught the Yanks when they were playing their worst ball of the season. In this series we just say the Yanks take 2 of 3 from a Mets team that is playing its worst ball of the season.

Nothing was decided.

As long as the Yankees continue to win series they will be fine. If they get to the Sox lead to 5 1/2 or less by the All-Star break then it will be game the rest of the season.

Too Little Too Late on june 18th? And if you knew ANYTHING about some of the pitchers the yankees have the minors you wouldn't say the glory days are over... In 2 years the yankees have gonna have an INSANE starting rotation.

And that's putting it mildly.

There is no way of knowing how the prospects will pan out in two years......simply more Yankee hype machine by it's fanbase. Could they be good? Sure but stating NOW that they will be insanely good is ....well....insane.

No it's not. Prospects at that level are very predictable.

Actually you arguing every post is predictable.......Many teams have had prospects that were supposed to be the greatest rotion in history for years to come only to have it never pan out.

They either weren't as advanced as the yankee prospects i'm talking about or they had injury issues which can happen to anyone.

LOL Single A guys having good seasons. Like I said too soon to call them sure bets to be part of a "insansely" good staff. I'd take a 25 yr old Oliver Perez instead anyday.

It's hard to say what guys will do later on, but the Yankees have a plethora of guys who are projected as being good major league talent:

Tyler Clippard

Joba Chamberlain

Ian Kennedy

Brett Smith

Jeff Marquez

Alan Horne

Humberto Sanchez

Ross Ohlendorf

Chase Wright

Here is the standings from July 2nd last year. JBF said the Yanks were done then, too....

2006 American League Standings
EAST W L PCT GB HOME ROAD RS RA STRK L10
Boston 50 29 .633 - 27-10 23-19 445 377 Won 2 9-1
NY Yankees 46 33 .582 4 26-17 20-16 444 368 Won 1 7-3
Toronto 46 35 .568 5 29-17 17-18 442 388 Lost 1 7-3
Baltimore 38 45 .458 14 24-21 14-24 406 455 Lost 1 5-5
Tampa Bay 35 47 .427 16.5 18-17 17-30 354 426 Lost 2 4-6[/CODE]

WTF? I don't understand this at all. Please explain. Thanks.

I'm talking about in the last several years as JBF seems to think they are the kings of New York somehow. My point is it's funny that he's saying they are kings while this current team is yet to even win a pennant.

It's hard to say what guys will do later on, but the Yankees have a plethora of guys who are projected as being good major league talent:

Tyler Clippard

Joba Chamberlain

Ian Kennedy

Brett Smith

Jeff Marquez

Alan Horne

Humberto Sanchez

Ross Ohlendorf

Chase Wright

I agree and don't argue that they are "projected" to eventually be major league pitchers.

I just think labeling the 09 rotation as insanely good based on Hughes and prospects is crazy. We've already seen that Clippard is ok but far from a #4 starter at this point...same for Wright. The key will be if they progress and don't get pawned off in deadline deals. I mean the Rays could argue the same with Shields-Kazmir-Howell -Sonnastine and the kid they just drafted number 1 in the draft. In fact the Twins young guns are probably higher projected as well.

We've seen this before with Branden Claussen and Paul Wilson so other than possibly Hughes, shouldn't pencil these guys in as Major League successes just yet.

LOL Single A guys having good seasons. Like I said too soon to call them sure bets to be part of a "insansely" good staff. I'd take a 25 yr old Oliver Perez instead anyday.

Uhh they are both DOMINATING in AA right now and are both considered top 10 pitching prospects in the minors right now.

Archived