Being wi/o air conditioning SUCKS!

Verde

I remember when I was in the army, stationed in Ft Hood, Tx.

The AC in our billicks and offices would mysteriously "break" every Friday at 6pm.

Then it would be fixed again around 3AM Monday.

Cheap bastards shut it off every weekend to save $$, then turned it on when they were back to work.

100+ temperatures.

i like the heat. if you don't, go in a pool.

Fab idea but I can't swim.

I don't mind the heat when I'm *outside*.

I remember when I was in the army, stationed in Ft Hood, Tx.

The AC in our billicks and offices would mysteriously "break" every Friday at 6pm.

Then it would be fixed again around 3AM Monday.

Cheap bastards shut it off every weekend to save $$, then turned it on when they were back to work.

100+ temperatures.

Wow, that's cruel.

Our a/c is not working. I am sweating my ta tas off. Tomorrow will be worse. Pray for me.

:cry:

Where the heck do you live? The swamplands of FLA? It was a lovely 81 degrees in Boston today. Bright sunshine. Not a hint of humidity. Perfect day. I'm home now, all the windows are open and it's downright delightful. All I need when I call it a nite, is the ceiling fan on low and I sleep like a baby.

Where the heck do you live? The swamplands of FLA? It was a lovely 81 degrees in Boston today. Bright sunshine. Not a hint of humidity. Perfect day. I'm home now, all the windows are open and it's downright delightful. All I need when I call it a nite, is the ceiling fan on low and I sleep like a baby.

I absolutely agree! I didn't grow up with AC, so never needed it. Even now on a hot day I always prefer the windows open and fresh air over a house totally shut up and cold. I'm indoors all day as it is and it's always too cold. At home, ceiling fan is a necessity, we have one in the living room which is great.

so sorry ms. V!!!

i didnt grow ujp with AC either and although i am not bad in the heat...the humidity is a killer.. and when the ac has gone out itis always on humid days.. and it suckssssssss!!!

OY! :D

I didn't grow up with AC, but it's a must have for me now. Don't know how ppl can stand the indoor heat and humidity in July and August. I usually try to wait until July 4 before AC goes on, but this year I officially hit the on switch yesterday.

It was fine yesterday. Today, not so much.. it hit 90somethin'.

I absolutely agree! I didn't grow up with AC, so never needed it. Even now on a hot day I always prefer the windows open and fresh air over a house totally shut up and cold. I'm indoors all day as it is and it's always too cold. At home, ceiling fan is a necessity, we have one in the living room which is great.

More power to ya, sista, but there aint nothing "fresh" about humid air. July & August must be a treat in the Tabor abode! ;-)

V, buy a window unit for $150 for your bedroom so you can at least get to sleep until the central AC is repaired..good luck! try and stay cool! :(

I may just! Muah!

1. You're a workout warrior and you can't swim?

2. You don't have to be able to swim to get in a pool unless you're under 3 feet tall.

Hmmm, I don't really see the relevance.. and I never said that I haven't been *in* a pool. I just don't own one or have one readily available to me.

I didn't grow up with AC, but it's a must have for me now. Don't know how ppl can stand the indoor heat and humidity in July and August. I usually try to wait until July 4 before AC goes on, but this year I officially hit the on switch yesterday.

Amen!

a year ago we went out and bought a plasma TV which raised the temp in our bedroom I swear prolly 6 degrees.I was dying in there watching The Rockford Files while the rest of the house were walking around in sweatpants.So we went to Home Depot and bought one of those in-room A/C units-worked great you just have to empty the water every 6-8 hours...oh yea we've since moved the plasma into the livingroom and put a 42" LCD in the bedroom-big difference

My line of work calls for me to work outside a lot. SPF 50 sunblock doesn't even cut it when you're in the sun for 8-10 hours straight. When I come home, and it's hot out, I turn this place into a friggin' igloo.

so sorry verde it's a dble edged sword ain't it. ya sweat them ta ta's off & they no longer serve as flotation devices even if ya found a pool.

My elect bill is on my desk waiting for me to find 1,120.00 to pay cuc. we're cool but broke

it will only get worse for the next 4 months here.

so sorry verde it's a dble edged sword ain't it. ya sweat them ta ta's off & they no longer serve as flotation devices even if ya found a pool.

My elect bill is on my desk waiting for me to find 1,120.00 to pay cuc. we're cool but broke

it will only get worse for the next 4 months here.

May be time to sell a toaster or two.

Kashi waffles with fresh blueberries and OJ, m'dear. Carb enough, Garb?

Yes, although I fear that the possible loss of conciousness will be due to your upcoming, frequent trips to the bathroom, rather than the dreaded four h's.;)

JGB in ...1....2.....3......

Yes, although I fear that the possible loss of conciousness will be due to your upcoming, frequent trips to the bathroom, rather than the dreaded four h's.;)

:chas: Now you've done it, Garb.

Kashi waffles with fresh blueberries and OJ, m'dear. Carb enough, Garb?

carbs are great the night before a long run.

NaturalRaisin.jpg

TOTW nom.

Mods, respecfully request that this post be relocated to the turd thread.

:rl: We almost have enough TOTW to have our first TOTW thread. keep the noms comin!

I feel for ya V!!!

I am not one who likes the heat anymore. i loved it before I had kids but now I do not enjoy it.

Our house stays nice and cool during the summer at all times.

Spent yesturday at the water park with the kids to keep cool.

I would do what Bill suggested and get the room unti for the time being just for some relief.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

BTW, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope your husband has a speedy recovery. Try not to worry too much.

Archived