InterLeague Play. AL-East worst in AL, NL-East best in NL

SouthernJet

What is bringing down the AL East in terms of interleague play is the complete collapse of the Baltimore Orioles. Them being 3-9 in interleague play is completely horrid. Toronto is holding it's own despite of the injuries and even Tampa has a decent-for-them 5-8 record.

....and the AL east still has a better record than the NL east in interleague play. Our worst is better than your best. Pretty amazing.

No question AL is doing better again..

Just thought it interesting that AL-E is worst in AL,, and NL-E is best in NL,,with the respective divisions of the 2 NY teams virtually dead even

and you cheapen the event of message boarding but you don't hear me complaining :toot:

oh please..

pot/kettle..

if anyone only sees things thru their home teams eyes its you.

If anyone blatantly trys to piss on other teams its you,,

What is bringing down the AL East in terms of interleague play is the complete collapse of the Baltimore Orioles. Them being 3-9 in interleague play is completely horrid. Toronto is holding it's own despite of the injuries and even Tampa has a decent-for-them 5-8 record.

thats why its looked at by each division,, it speaks to that division, ,cause the other teams in that division play the weak sister 18 times,,

The AL-E has TB at -3 and Balt at -6 while Yanks only team to be dominant at +6, the AL-C has only the weak White Sox at -5, while Det and KC are +5, the AL-W has no weaknesses and it has Oak at +5 and LA at +7.

The NL-E has no one dominating but no weak spots. All teams are either at .500 or 1 game under or over. The NL-C has ST.L at -5 and Cinn at -3 , while everyone else lingers at or near .500. The NL-W has LA at -5 and SF at -6 and everyone else at or near .500.

I dont know why Mets fans seem to get mad when others say the NL is garbage. I wish the Yankees were in the NL, and I'm sure you guys are happy as hell the Mets are.

Speaking of which, the Drays should move to the NL. They will never be division champs in the AL East with that payroll. It'll never happen, unless they start spending (not gonna happen with their current ownership). They have so much young talent.

I dont know why Mets fans seem to get mad when others say the NL is garbage. I wish the Yankees were in the NL, and I'm sure you guys are happy as hell the Mets are.

Speaking of which, the Drays should move to the NL. They will never be division champs in the AL East with that payroll. It'll never happen, unless they start spending (not gonna happen with their current ownership). They have so much young talent.

Who gets mad.

What irritates me is the crystal balling that takes place with fantasy predictions.

If teh Yankees, or whomever were really in the NL, it is pure folly to suggest how they would do.

Theirteam would nbeed to be constructed differntly, because the leagues are differnt. Packing up and moving teams around is fantasy baseball at its worst.

No reasoning is applied.

And quite frankly, some of the people throwing around predictions have proven not to be so adept at the process.

Who gets mad.

What irritates me is the crystal balling that takes place with fantasy predictions.

If teh Yankees, or whomever were really in the NL, it is pure folly to suggest how they would do.

Theirteam would nbeed to be constructed differntly, because the leagues are differnt. Packing up and moving teams around is fantasy baseball at its worst.

No reasoning is applied.

And quite frankly, some of the people throwing around predictions have proven not to be so adept at the process.

GS seems to get, not mad, but alittle annoyed when its brought up.

And its not pure folly to suggest how so and so team would do in the other league. There's plenty of reasoning behind it, and even some evidence to back up these claims, because of interleague play. But really, all you have to do is look at the talent pool - The AL is just deeper. I wish it wasnt so.

I'd rather see the leagues close to even so we dont have a POS 86 win NL wildcard team make the playoffs while a 90 something win squad in the AL gets left off completely. Thats the way it is, though.

GS seems to get, not mad, but alittle annoyed when its brought up.

And its not pure folly to suggest how so and so team would do in the other league. There's plenty of reasoning behind it, and even some evidence to back up these claims, because of interleague play. But really, all you have to do is look at the talent pool - The AL is just deeper. I wish it wasnt so.

I'd rather see the leagues close to even so we dont have a POS 86 win NL wildcard team make the playoffs while a 90 something win squad in the AL gets left off completely. Thats the way it is, though.

Again, I will tell you it is fruitless to play the game of "what If".

Jet fans are famous for it, I realize, but it is a mindless exercise which doesn't fit.

Again, I will tell you it is fruitless to play the game of "what If".

Jet fans are famous for it, I realize, but it is a mindless exercise which doesn't fit.

ahem, dont get me started on the bottom of the 9th inning in game 7 of the 2001 WS when Mo had a double play lined up and made a bad throw to 2nd base.....:bag: :bag:

The Yankees need to win another WS with Mo and Jeter to wash that sh#t stain off by hands from the 2001 world series.

ahem, dont get me started on the bottom of the 9th inning in game 7 of the 2001 WS when Mo had a double play lined up and made a bad throw to 2nd base.....:bag: :bag:

The Yankees need to win another WS with Mo and Jeter to wash that sh#t stain off by hands from the 2001 world series.

Making a bad throw from a pitcher is not a baseball play? It does not factor in the outcome of a baseball game?

How do you think the Orioles feel about Jeffrey Maier? That happened to affect a game that was not even on the field. Ready to give that championship back?

As Tom Hanks said, there is no crying in baseball.

Making a bad throw from a pitcher is not a baseball play? It does not factor in the outcome of a baseball game?

How do you think the Orioles feel about Jeffrey Maier? That happened to affect a game that was not even on the field. Ready to give that championship back?

As Tom Hanks said, there is no crying in baseball.

I think SD has you on this one Barton..;)

Interesting so far. The teams you have in your division are the teams you are dealt with. It shows overall division strength or weakness.

AL-West 31-19

AL-Cent 36-29

AL-East 31-31

NL-East 29-30

NL-Cent 30-36

NL-West 20-32

AL-East worst in AL.

NL-East best in NL.

AL West best in baseball, while NL West is killing NL.

Okay so this tells me that the AL East is the Weakest in AL but is still the better than anything in the NL.

Okay so this tells me that the AL East is the Weakest in AL but is still the better than anything in the NL.

I guess if we are wanting to make illogical inferences from these games, one could conclude that the NL is rapidly gaining on the AL in terms of team talent.

Last year the AL won at a clip of 61.2 %.

This year it is down to 54.5%.

The NL is the most improved league.

So many ways you can slice numbers.

I guess if we are wanting to make illogical inferences from these games, one could conclude that the NL is rapidly gaining on the AL in terms of team talent.

Last year the AL won at a clip of 61.2 %.

This year it is down to 54.5%.

The NL is the most improved league.

So many ways you can slice numbers.

Exactly...

We are getting close to the all-star break so here are a few things to look at

1) Will the Yankees continue to play good ball

2) Will the Cardinals bounce back from their horrible start

3) Can Minnesota get in the race at 500

4) Will Milwaukee continue to control the Central

5) Can the teams like Seattle and Arizona continue their nice runs this year.

There is still so much going on and like you said the numbers SJ puts up there can be interpreted pretty much anyway you want.

afcter all the SPIN, back on topic please..

look at the strengths of each league, ,I was surprised to see AL-E being the drag on AL,,and also surprised after all i read to see AL-E and NL-E virtually dead even

It's not really too surprising, the Yankees and Red Sox are the two good teams while the Orioles, Blue Jays, and D-Rays are mediocre at best and sub-500 teams. Also the AL West only has 4 teams and 3 are pretty good so it makes sense that they would have a better record.

Congratulations on bringing absolutely nada to the table besides your elitist condescending tone. But what else is new?

Try posting something with substance regarding baseball without coming off as an elitist prick. Its tired.

:rl: I want to give you rep so badly for that post.

It needed to be said. I just want to talk baseball. He's talking about Uranus.

No doubt. Scott's usually an elitist but in this thread he seems to be acting just plain goofy. I'm sure he'll come up with a "witty" response to this though.

yup,, thats what its saying,, but i was surprised to see how the AL-E and NL-E were only a game apart, ,I was also surprised to AL-E worst in AL..and quite frankly I was also surpised to see NL-E best in NL

Archived