Duante to the Jets?

Fin Fan In Cali

If that is true and he wins the spot from Clemens then it is safe to say we do not have our qb of the Future in Clemens

Not necessarily true...Pennington was a 3rd stringer the first two-three years in the league as well, and didn't start until I believe it was his fifth season.

Not necessarily true...Pennington was a 3rd stringer the first two-three years in the league as well, and didn't start until I believe it was his fifth season.

Actually, Pennington was a 3rd stringer during his rookie year in 2000. The reason why was because in the previous 1999 season Ray Lucas had the best year of his career. At the time Lucas actually looked like he was developing into a solid NFL QB and then he came back to Earth. Penington became the second string back-up in 2001, his second season.

The Jets are not going to sign Daunte Culpeper unless they lose all confidence in Clemens. We need to find out this season if Clemens is the real deal or not. Enough with the excuses about him not getting any playing time during the regular season.

Actually, Pennington was a 3rd stringer during his rookie year in 2000. The reason why was because in the previous 1999 season Ray Lucas had the best year of his career. At the time Lucas actually looked like he was developing into a solid NFL QB and then he came back to Earth. Penington became the second string back-up in 2001, his second season.

The Jets are not going to sign Daunte Culpeper unless they lose all confidence in Clemens. We need to find out this season if Clemens is the real deal or not. Enough with the excuses about him not getting any playing time during the regular season.

I agree... We should DEFINATELY NOT sign Daunte. As for Chad, I'm pretty sure he was the 3rd string both his 1st and 2nd year. And was moved to #2 his 3rd yr and then #1 later that yr.

Archived