who would you draft with the second pick?

Arsis

I'm talking about a different league, I don't know what picks I have in the JN leagues, I know I have the second pick in the LICD league.

I thought your original question was hypothetical.

Personally, I would take Steven Jackson.

Taking Larry Johnson anywhere in the top 10 is pointless for the following reason:

a_edwards_195.jpg

Herm's RB's don't score touchdowns, have awful ypc ratios and get run into the ground. He's already done it with Curtis Martin and LJ himself. Why continue to trust him?

Johnson is a phenom talent no matter what kind of tool he is. But history shows that he is unlikely to have nearly as productive of a season as last year. And they're probably starting a rookie QB. And they lost Will Shields.

I'd take Stephen Jackson at this point. He may lose a lot of receiving yards & maybe some goal-line touches to Brian Leonard - impossible to tell at this point.

I'd also consider Joseph Addai even though practically no one has him ranked that high. He'll be all alone with Rhodes in Oakland. Look for him to easily get >2000 total yards if he's healthy all season. Don't know about him at the goal-line since he's not that bulky (6'0/205), but having Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Clark & that OL opens up running lanes for him to squeeze through, even from 3 yards out. Should still get double-digit touchdowns but don't know if it will be closer to 10-12 or closer to 15-18.

I would take Stephen Jackson at this point..with a young qb LJ is useless and Shaun Alexander has lost a step. I hate taking qbs this early so would have to go with a rb you think it is going to have a huge year..just my .02

I don't go for the players who go off for 200 yards once or twice (maybe more) a year, I go for the most consistent player, the one who consistently gets in the area of 100 yards or more, Steven Jackson is that guy...9/16 weeks he gained 93 yards or more, he is consistent, 10/16 games he had a touchdown or more.

I want a player that can consistently (given the scoring system I usually play by) get me 25 or more points.

You can either go Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson, there is no other option. Its up to you who you want.

You know LJ will be run into the ground by Herm, but if its a 1 year league, who cares? His 400+ carries, 10-15 TD and 1,6-1,800 yards will help you big time. Steven Jackson on the other hand should run for around 1,3-1,600 yards and be a bigger threat out of the backfield.

Archived