You gotta be kidding me! Herm's Q & A 6/20

BP

I was ready to merge this until I realized that this is yet another interview.

Am I wrong or is the gist of this interview:

- Our team stinks.

- I've been complaining that they were too old, now I'm complaining that they're too young.

- Everyone should have lowered expectations for the Chiefs this year. We don't have a top team and I am incapable of making them better than they are.

- We have so many young guys, it will take years of them learning on the field before they're any good b/c I am incapable of teaching them.

- I am all about publicly ripping my players' weaknesses. I won't give the generic "we're working with him & he's made improvements" - instead, I'm setting the bar low - VERY low - so when he's a failure it won't reflect badly upon me.

- This team was doing better before I got here. Now they will be worse.

link

For the love of god man, take a deep breath and step away from the microphones and start doing your job. :confused0058:

He has a press conference every day, and answers all questions put to him.

Disclaimer: Sperm, it's after dinner and a weekday.

The interviewer sucked!

I would have asked Spermy for the playbook along with the weekly game plan for each of the games. He would gladly offer it to me in exchange for some microphone time, I would then sell it to their opponent (very low price) since his plays are not that hard to guess to begin with, but it would save them that 2% of the unexpected in case he decides to pass on 2nd and 20. Man am I glad that the A**hole is gone.

I was ready to merge this until I realized that this is yet another interview.

Am I wrong or is the gist of this interview:

- Our team stinks.

- I've been complaining that they were too old, now I'm complaining that they're too young.

- Everyone should have lowered expectations for the Chiefs this year. We don't have a top team and I am incapable of making them better than they are.

- We have so many young guys, it will take years of them learning on the field before they're any good b/c I am incapable of teaching them.

- I am all about publicly ripping my players' weaknesses. I won't give the generic "we're working with him & he's made improvements" - instead, I'm setting the bar low - VERY low - so when he's a failure it won't reflect badly upon me.

- This team was doing better before I got here. Now they will be worse.

i thought that's why he "simplificated" the playbook though. :confused:

i'm beginning to like herm again.

its like my golf game: when i was in colege, i worked in bars, so during the summer i played like 3-4 times a week. i really cared about my score, the outcome and improving mattered. i din't really enjoy the game the way i should have though. i hated it at times.

now, i play once a year, play 20 strokes worse, minimum. but i love it.

sometimes you really just have to take a step back to enjoy the comedy. herm might be the funniest thing to happen to the NFL since jerry glanville, hollywood henderson, or the ickey shuffle. i predict that in the not-so-distant future, this man will have whole episodes of NFL Films on his pressers alone.

I'm gonna traveling for most of August. But the Tivo is going to record that new HBO comedy special, "Hard Knocks", for the homecoming.

We had better not lose power or get hit by lightning while I'm gone. I might have an accident speeding home on the Belt form JFK.

It will be worth it.

George Carlin, Jimmy Norton and Patrice O'Neill have NOTHING on the comedy stylings of Herman Edwards.

Q: If I told you five months ago that this is where you were going to be at this point would you have been satisfied?

EDWARDS: “There’s always something else you wish would have happened. But as in life, you’re not going to get everything you want. That’s OK. We’ve got enough good players here and enough good veteran leadership here. Now we’ve got to jell now and have to come together pretty quick. We’re 37 days out and then we start and before you know it we’ll be going down to Houston for the opening game.”

Herm's head: "Oh f*ck i realized that I've pissed off alot of my talent guys, so I'm gonna take the high road and label the season a "rebuilding one"

Herm sounds more and more like a politican whose gonna be shoving his foot in his mouth in due time. Herm should get back to a defensive coordinator job because as a head coach he's a bumbling idiot

it's not the high road, it's his premade excuse for a terrible season. he took the league's most potent offense for 3 years running and turned the program into a "rebuilding mode" a mere year later. absolutely pathetic.

Archived