Where the BATS at?

nj meadowlands

Pettitte should never have been out there just then

I didnt have a problem with it considering Joe never lets his starters pitch out of trouble it seems. He just happened to get burned.

Fluuuck, this game is over. Matt Holliday hit a freakin bomb.

Yeah it's Pettitte's fault. Not this underachieving lineup that has scored 2 measly runs in 2 games vs this terrible pitching staff.

How isn't it his fault? He just gave up a slew of hits that lead to runs.

The bats didn't make the trip to Denver. Pettitte pitched well enough at Coors, and so did Mussina. As much as I've found fault with Torre's handling of the staff, not in this series. These 2 games are on the offense. 1 run a agme in Coors is very bad.

Yeah it's Pettitte's fault. Not this underachieving lineup that has scored 2 measly runs in 2 games vs this terrible pitching staff.

When Pettitte gave up 7 hits and 5 runs in 4 innings against the Sox a month ago but the Yankees won were you calling out the lineup?

When Pettitte gave up 7 hits and 5 runs in 4 innings against the Sox a month ago but the Yankees won were you calling out the lineup?

Anyone who has been watching this team knows that They have underachieved and have been AMAZINGLY inconsistent all year. Thats the reason they are about to be 9 games out of first.

Anyone who has been watching this team knows that They have underachieved and have been AMAZINGLY inconsistent all year. Thats the reason they are about to be 9 games out of first.

If that's the case why did you get all bent out of shape when some posters said Pettitte blew it? You blamed the lineup not the pitcher who gave up 5 runs.

Yes I blame the lineup. For this season.

Now, that I will agree with. But I think the players we have are sufficient, they just arent getting it done. And getting Giambi back and bringing in stiffs like Richie Sexson or Shea Hillenbrand wont help a damn thing.

LOL you don't know if Rodrigo Lopez is a righty of a lefty and you have the balls to call me out?

Wow mike. How does that relate to anything at all? Does it really matter to you if a person knows if some mediocre pitcher for the Rockies is a righty or a lefty?

I liked this forum so much better when Mike wasn't here. Now he gets involved in every argument and makes it impossible to have a serious baseball discussion.

Wow mike. How does that relate to anything at all? Does it really matter to you if a person knows if some mediocre pitcher for the Rockies is a righty or a lefty?

I liked this forum so much better when Mike wasn't here. Now he gets involved in every argument and makes it impossible to have a serious baseball discussion.

I agree 100%. Here are some words of wisdom from madmike 9 days ago:

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl40

Yes they did. The main reason being that they are currently set with the rotation and have the luxury of keeping him down longer to continue to develop.

PLayers in their thirties don't get better and sustain it? Then why do the Yankees keep filling their roster with players 30+? There is no reason to believe that the Sox staff and bullpen cannot keep up their pace.

So they are fine with tavarez and his awful numbers in their rotation?

Taverez went 7 shutout innings tonight and only gave up 4 hits.

The yankees get GOOD players in their 30's. You have garbage in their 30's who are playing over their heads and clearly won't continue to. Just like Wakefield and Lowell are falling flat on their faces.

Lowell is batting .299 with 12 HR's and 50 RBI's. Wakefield is 7-7 with a 4.18 era.

Taverez went 7 shutout innings tonight and only gave up 4 hits.

One start changes nothing. His numbers overall are subpar.

Lowell is batting .299 with 12 HR's and 50 RBI's. Wakefield is 7-7 with a 4.18 era.

Both those players have had LARGE drops in production in the last month. Just like i said they would.

Both those players have had LARGE drops in production in the last month. Just like i said they would.

Can't really argue with that.

You just knew Lowell wasn't going to be able to keep it up. Same goes for Wakefield, as inconsistency reigns supreme with the knuckler.

However, now Manny is heating up ...

This team is a joke. A complete f'n joke.

Its beyond PATHETIC to let acouple of junkerballer 87 mph fastball pitchers limit us to 2 runs in 2 f##king games. Unbelievably pathetic.

Damon needs to go on the DL and stfu about his ribs already. We need to make a serious move with this team and to be frank, I am dissapointed alittle in Pettitte for not shutting down the door on the rockies after we got him a lead.

Taverez has won 5 of his last 6 starts. Lowell's BA has dropped from .313 to .300 but he has driven in runs.

Wakefield is what he is.

This team is a joke. A complete f'n joke.

Its beyond PATHETIC to let acouple of junkerballer 87 mph fastball pitchers limit us to 2 runs in 2 f##king games. Unbelievably pathetic.

Damon needs to go on the DL and stfu about his ribs already. We need to make a serious move with this team and to be frank, I am dissapointed alittle in Pettitte for not shutting down the door on the rockies after we got him a lead.

You do realize we're coming off 11 of 12 W's.

RELAX!!!! Drink a beer.

You do realize we're coming off 11 of 12 W's.

RELAX!!!! Drink a beer.

I dont give a flying f##k about 11 of 12 wins. NOW, we have lost 3 of our last 5 and are 6 games back of the WC and 10 of the division. Oh and the nationals can go F themselves, thanks for nothing you lousy POS team.

The Yankees better win tomorrow.

I dont give a flying f##k about 11 of 12 wins. NOW, we have lost 3 of our last 5 and are 6 games back of the WC and 10 of the division. Oh and the nationals can go F themselves, thanks for nothing you lousy POS team.

The Yankees better win tomorrow.

Barton has it right. Here are the stats:

April 20: Yankees 8-7 -- Red Sox 10-5

May 20: Yankees 19-23 -- Red Sox 30-13

June 20: Yankees 35-34 -- Red Sox 46-25

Even though the Yankees went on a tear they were 16-11 in the last 30 days while the Sox went 16-12.

Again, a cold beer will go a long way for you.

Believe me, I looked up and down the fridge, in the cabinets, closets, garage. Nothing!

If I sound like I am really pissed, I am not. I just have to vent alittle, because I was getting pissed off at around the 5th inning when we werent clobbering this sucky pitcher for 4 or 5 runs.

Josh Fogg and Jeff Francis.

GIVE ME A F##KING BREAK. These guys SUCK.

Jeff Francis is a pretty good pitcher actually and he's been pitching very well lately. That's not an excuse for this lineup to score only 1 run but give credit where credit is due.

And you do need to relax. It's a long season. Freaking out over every loss doesn't accomplish anything.

Why is Andy Philips even in the big leagues? The "kid" is 30 years old. He had his chance last year and he blew chunks. He's NEVER been able to hit breaking stuff, and he still cant.

Shelley Duncan should get a chance.

Archived