Milton Bradley DFA'd

Barton

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2007-06-21-2860502407_x.htm

OAKLAND, Calif. — The Oakland Athletics designated outfielder Milton Bradley for assignment Thursday, cutting ties with a player who was expected to play an important role on the team this season.

Bradley had been on the disabled list three times this year and was frustrated that the team waited two extra days to activate him this week because of uncertainty about third baseman Eric Chavez's health.

Asked Tuesday how he was feeling, Bradley curtly responded, "I'm healthy and on the bench." Bradley was activated from the DL the following day and went 0-for-3 with a walk.

The A's have 10 days to trade or release Bradley. Because he has more than three years of major league service time, Bradley can refuse an assignment to the minor leagues.

wow. Good player. I know he's had his troubles, but we badly need some kind of CF upgrade. He's a good fielder (CF and Corner OFer) and a very solid hitter (switch hitter, no less). We should try and trade alittle something for him. It would make Melky more expendable on the market, not to mention it improves the bench.

Who cares. He'd upgrade the team and cost NOTHING if he gets hurt they are right were they started again.

Gotta agree with madmike on this one. He IS healthy right now, and he wouldnt cost anything major.

Not sure how the clearing the waiver process works, but I do know that any team can right now make offers to the A's for Bradley because he has been DFA'd. If we dont try to trade for him, I believe the teams with the worst records can scoop him up for nothing once he clears waivers, so likely we wouldnt get the chance to do that - we'd have to trade for him.

Decent player who is ALWAYS hurt and a headcase to boot.....since when is "he's cheap" the determining factor in acquiring a player for the Yanks?

Better players will free up soon and 1B should be addressed as a priority anyway.

Thats great rational... Just because 1B should be a priority that means that other gaping holes shouldn't be filled? Give me a break.

Thats great rational... Just because 1B should be a priority that means that other gaping holes shouldn't be filled? Give me a break.

So Damon and Melky are now considered gaping holes? I am no Melky fan but him in CF, Damon at DH and a legit power hitting 1B should be the direction of this current team.

So Damon and Melky are now considered gaping holes? I am no Melky fan but him in CF, Damon at DH and a legit power hitting 1B should be the direction of this current team.

Bradley is a MUCH better player than Melky is, Damon is hurt and should really be on the DL and even if he was healthy, Bradley would be the best player on the yankee bench.

This would allow Damon to go on DL, where he belongs.

That might happen. Then again, it might not. I'll take my chances on it not happening, then playing an injured hobbled shell of his former self, Johnny Damon.

True waffle form from someone who celebrated the Damon signing when the Sox felt going anything above their offer was risky.

Being a head case could be a problem. Going on the DL isn't. I'm kind of fond of the Yanks having guys that are good or hurt. I was always happy with Tim Raines. Either he was hitting well or on the DL. He wouldn't be a guy we'd have to count on and it's not like they'd have to give up anything real to get him.

True waffle form from someone who celebrated the Damon signing when the Sox felt going anything above their offer was risky.

STFU with the waffle sh#t already.

You were the one "waffling" saying he "might" get hurt. I just pointed out to you how stupid that comment of yours was. Damon is ALREADY hurt, so not taking a chance on a guy who is NOT currently hurt but according to you "might get hurt" is beyond stupid.

BTW good call on Coco Crisp being a younger better version of Johnny Damon.

You always bring up posters here making mistakes on their opinions in the past, and its getting tired. Nobody seems to throw all the sh#t in your face on all of the predicitions you have been wrong on - and there have been plenty. Just sayin', keep the suject to the subject. There's no need to bring up pasts wrongs.

BTW good call on Coco Crisp being a younger better version of Johnny Damon.

Considering that Coco is playing great defense and his BA is .250 (Damon's is .253) I would say that GimmeShelter may be onto something with his comment.

Considering that Coco is playing great defense and his BA is .250 (Damon's is .253) I would say that GimmeShelter may be onto something with his comment.

Really? How did coco do last year compared to Damon?

Damons hurt this year, he'll be fine once he gets healthy. Coco Crisp is just an awful player.

The point I was trying to make to GS, is that bringing up old things that posters were wrong on in the past when it has NOTHING to do with the thread, is just complete bush league, and pretty pathetic to be honest.

Really? How did coco do last year compared to Damon?

Damons hurt this year, he'll be fine once he gets healthy. Coco Crisp is just an awful player.

The point I was trying to make to GS, is that bringing up old things that posters were wrong on in the past when it has NOTHING to do with the thread, is just complete bush league, and pretty pathetic to be honest.

What does last year have to do with anything?

Damon is 33, Coco is 27. Damon makes $13 million a season, Coco makes $3.8.

Their offensive numbers are the same, but Coco has a huge edge in CF.

What does last year have to do with anything?

Damon is 33, Coco is 27. Damon makes $13 million a season, Coco makes $3.8.

Their offensive numbers are the same, but Coco has a huge edge in CF.

You are missing the point here.

Bringing up old things that posters were wrong on in the past when it has NOTHING to do with the thread, is just complete bush league, and pretty pathetic.

I never once last year disagreed with GS on a subject and threw out a line saying how coco crisp sure was a better younger version of Damon. I easily could have because Damon was having a great year and Crisp is a bust, but I did not. Why? Because its bush, and it has NOTHING to do with the thread. Case closed. I expect the same respect towards myself and others.

You are missing the point here.

Bringing up old things that posters were wrong on in the past when it has NOTHING to do with the thread, is just complete bush league, and pretty pathetic.

I never once last year disagreed with GS on a subject and threw out a line saying how coco crisp sure was a better younger version of Damon. I easily could have because Damon was having a great year and Crisp is a bust, but I did not. Why? Because its bush, and it has NOTHING to do with the thread. Case closed. I expect the same respect towards myself and others.

LOL...Matt39 reminded me of that prediction plenty last season and I admitted I was wrong even though Crisp was hurt last year. I also called Damon the most clutch Yankee in 06. I still believe Boston made the correct long term decision and in year two it may be leaning that way.

I remind you of some of your rants as with Pennington or any player you waffle on the subject to a point and than once you decide on a position, insist endlessly that your opinion is the only valid one. Mind you "respect" towards others isn't readily seen when you go on those rants.

If you are annoyed by occassionally being called out on your rants in a arena where predictions and opinions are common place, than you honestly need to grow a tougher set or go the way of Ham.

At any rate rather than have pages of arguments, you have my apology on the matter.

LOL...Matt39 reminded me of that prediction plenty last season and I admitted I was wrong even though Crisp was hurt last year. I also called Damon the most clutch Yankee in 06. I still believe Boston made the correct long term decision and in year two it may be leaning that way.

I remind you of some of your rants as with Pennington or any player you waffle on the subject to a point and than once you decide on a position, insist endlessly that your opinion is the only valid one. Mind you "respect" towards others isn't readily seen when you go on those rants.

If you are annoyed by occassionally being called out on your rants in a arena where predictions and opinions are common place, than you honestly need to grow a tougher set or go the way of Ham.

At any rate rather than have pages of arguments, you have my apology on the matter.

I'm sure if we were talking in real life your little jabs would be funny, but this internet thing sometimes its hard to tell.

FWIW, when we initially signed Damon I did not like it, at all. I warmed up to it because the red sox took a hit (that they still have not fixed) but I was not jumping for joy about the deal like you said I was.

I searched and found posts of mine from the signing of Damon

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11151&page=3&highlight=Johnny+Damon+signs+with+Yankees

Barton:

WHAT THE F##K!!

SERIOUSLY.........THIS IS LOW!

SCREW DAMON! :evil: :evil:

Barton:

I dont believe this. I really dont. This is unreal.

Anyways, I have to admit. This REALLY improves our team. What Damon can do as a leadoff man cannot be talked about enough, and he has alot of range in center.

This is disappointing though.

As you can see GS, I was not in favor of the deal. Sure I warmed up to it because it killed the sox and Damon was/is a good player, but I did not like the fact that he was a stupid sawx ahole who killed my Yankees in 2004. So yeah, Damon can still go F himself. Maybe if the fat POS didnt come to spring training 10lbs overweight this year he wouldnt have gotten injured the 1st F##KING GAME OF THE SEASON. Lazy mercenary who just wanted to cash in. Total POS.

Archived