What team has the best fans???

wallerstein

I know Jets fans are a dedicated bunch, and they definitely should be ranked higher than 29th, but one thing that does tick me off about fellow Jets fans is no matter if they are winning or losing, alot of them will leave the stadium by the third period, even though anything can still happen.

I know traffic sucks, but it is expensive to go to games, you pay out the ass now for tickets, parking, and if you get any concessions, forget it! you will be paying out the ass for that hotdog and beer!

So after paying all that dough, they will leave not even knowing what the outcome was? the Jets need the fans there to root them on to victory! and it is kind of embarrassing when everyone leaves and the only ones left with me are rival fans waving their flags at me in our own home!

When I go to games, win or lose, I stay to the end, and if they win, I have my fun tailgating in the parking lot while the stadium traffic thins out.

I know Jets fans are a dedicated bunch, and they definitely should be ranked higher than 29th, but one thing that does tick me off about fellow Jets fans is no matter if they are winning or losing, alot of them will leave the stadium by the third period, even though anything can still happen.

I know traffic sucks, but it is expensive to go to games, you pay out the ass now for tickets, parking, and if you get any concessions, forget it! you will be paying out the ass for that hotdog and beer!

So after paying all that dough, they will leave not even knowing what the outcome was? the Jets need the fans there to root them on to victory! and it is kind of embarrassing when everyone leaves and the only ones left with me are rival fans waving their flags at me in our own home!

When I go to games, win or lose, I stay to the end, and if they win, I have my fun tailgating in the parking lot while the stadium traffic thins out.

I agree with you that those type of fans piss me off. I understand during preseason or even late in the reg. season if we are already out of it and are either killing or getting killed, but not when the games still mean something!! However, I disagree that "alot of them" will leave early. Last year I was at the week 2 Jets vs. Pats game and the Stadium remained almost full through 4 quarters despite finishing the first 3 down 24-0.

This is very true- people walking out way before the end of the game is something I will never understand.

People walking out early, or the ones that do not show up once the team is out of the playoff race. The fans in areas like KC and GB show up regardless of the teams record not the case with the NY fans

I hate to defend NY fans with every fiber of my being, but there are other things to do in NY. Or so I have been told.

I love KC. They do have passionate fans, but until mid-January when the Big XII Men's BB season starts, there is nothing there as far as sports entertainment goes. Big XII football has several teams within 6 hours of KC, some of those trips are long and if you are not a fan of Mizzou why go see there games. Columbia?

I would be interested to see if the Chiefs see a drop in support when they finally fill that brand new arena that opens.

As far as Green Bay goes, it is Green Bay frickin' Wisconsin.

People walking out early, or the ones that do not show up once the team is out of the playoff race. The fans in areas like KC and GB show up regardless of the teams record not the case with the NY fans

Both GB and KC also hold a lot less fans than the Meadowlands. I bet you that if both the Jets and GB/KC go 6-10ish and are out of it early on, they will both recieve about the same amount of people at the games. The percentage, however, will be higher for either KC or GB because i dont think either of those stadiums even holds 70,000 people, while the meadowlands holds close to 80,000.

I love the NY fans that try to defend the hard core fan base that is not really there. Lets call it like it is...any ny team that sucks has no chance of any attendance because of other things to do or the fans are fickle. Football means alot more to the people in other areas. Yes the Jets have a very loyal fan base but those people are not in the stands

I love the NY fans that try to defend the hard core fan base that is not really there. Lets call it like it is...any ny team that sucks has no chance of any attendance because of other things to do or the fans are fickle. Football means alot more to the people in other areas. Yes the Jets have a very loyal fan base but those people are not in the stands

Actually, in the 2005 season (the yr the Jets went 4-12), attendance was around 70% avg. for the 2nd half of the season. Thats just under 60,000 people per game when the team was completely out of it!! I'd say thats pretty loyal.

yeah how about actually being in the stands like I was and seeing over 40,000 empty seats for those games. Those numbers are pure bs put out by the teams. As everyone knows all the seats for Jets games are sold out before the games and they tinker with the actual attendace in each game

yeah how about actually being in the stands like I was and seeing over 40,000 empty seats for those games. Those numbers are pure bs put out by the teams. As everyone knows all the seats for Jets games are sold out before the games and they tinker with the actual attendace in each game

I trust them over you. Nothing against you, just I doubt you counted every empty seat and compensated for people who may have left their seats to go to the bathroom or visit the concession/souvenir stands. You probably saw a good 20,000 empty seats, which seems like a lot of empty seats. But no team has attendance over 55-60,000 when they go 4-12 like the Jets did. Heck, there are a lot of teams out there who would do almost anything to average 60,000 on a good year.

you have to be insane to think that in the Jets 4-12 year there was anywhere near 60,000 people in the stands towards the end...hell the game on news years day was a ghost town...they must have huge bathrooms?? I do not need to believe any stat I was actually there but believe what you want.

I agree with you that those type of fans piss me off. I understand during preseason or even late in the reg. season if we are already out of it and are either killing or getting killed, but not when the games still mean something!! However, I disagree that "alot of them" will leave early. Last year I was at the week 2 Jets vs. Pats game and the Stadium remained almost full through 4 quarters despite finishing the first 3 down 24-0.

I was at that game too - and it looked to me like plenty of folks were clearing out mid-third qtr. My section (lower end zone) saw approx. 1/4 of the fans leave. Too bad. They missed a heck of a fourth.

You can make a case for a few NFL teams, if not a lot.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say its the Pittsburgh Steelers fans.

When did you see / do you see Three Rivers and Heinz Field empty? You don't. The Steelers' fans also are all over the place and besides that they travel well. You go to any game and the Steelers always have a supporting cast of at least 5-10,000 fans in the opposing teams stadiums. They say in Jacksonville when Pittsburgh comes to town that the Steelers fans actually out number the Jaguars fans. Thats insane. I'll go with Pittsburgh.

Other ones I've noticed:

Cleveland

Dallas

Denver

Green Bay

I was at that game too - and it looked to me like plenty of folks were clearing out mid-third qtr. My section (lower end zone) saw approx. 1/4 of the fans leave. Too bad. They missed a heck of a fourth.

The stadium, from my view, was still just about packed heading into the 4th.

you have to be insane to think that in the Jets 4-12 year there was anywhere near 60,000 people in the stands towards the end...hell the game on news years day was a ghost town...they must have huge bathrooms?? I do not need to believe any stat I was actually there but believe what you want.

I wasn't at any of the games that year, so I can't say I saw for myself. But, from what I saw on TV, it seemed like at least a slight majority of the seats were occupied for the majority of the games in the last 4 home games. Its hard to go to root on your team if theyre having as bad of a yr as they had in 05. Plus, a lot of fans wanted the Jets to lose the last few games in order to move up in the draft...I definately wouldn't go to a game if I thought it was better for the Jets if they lost. According to SCOUT magazine, 'Jets stadium' was in the "top 10 hardest places to play" based on las year. Ahead of them was GB, Buffalo, Cleveland, Baltimore, KC, and Oakland (there may have been one other, but I forget who). So, if we were ranked number 7 or 8 in the league last year in the "toughest places to play" category, that says something about our fans.

According to a ranking on rankopedia, the NFL teams with the best fans are

1) The Green Bay Packers

2) The Pittsburgh Steelers

3) The Denver Broncos

The Jets are only 29th... What do you think?

Wallerstein is a rankopedia bot! Damn you, haha.

Gangreenman I have to call you out here...it is hard to root for your team when they are having a bad year like in O5? so does that mean you only root for them when they are doing well. Funny in 05 I did not root for the Jets to lose any games no matter how bad they were playing..guess that is just me. In addition I am sure many other season ticket holders can verify the poor attendance the end of that year or in the 4th quarter of most games

Gangreenman I have to call you out here...it is hard to root for your team when they are having a bad year like in O5? so does that mean you only root for them when they are doing well. Funny in 05 I did not root for the Jets to lose any games no matter how bad they were playing..guess that is just me. In addition I am sure many other season ticket holders can verify the poor attendance the end of that year or in the 4th quarter of most games

See thats my point. Going to the games would only get me depressed because at the end of the day, I wouldn't have been satisfied with either result. If I go to the game and we're 3-11, I root for the team to win (obviously) and we do, at the end of the day its only going to lose us a few picks in the draft. If I go to the game and we lose, I'm also pissed off that every time I watch the team play, the get their asses kicked and are an embarrasment. I still watched most games on TV until we were getting blown out and I was getting too frustrated to watch. However, if we're 6-8 and have no shot at the playoffs thats a different story, because at least we're playing for respect and have the opportunity to finish right around .500.

The point is, to say that Jets fans aren't commited because they don't pack the Stadium during breakdown seasons like 05 when literrally half of the practice squad players are starting, does not carry a whole lot of weight. I bet we got the same amount of people to most games that year that any of the teams on the top of that list would get if they have similar years.

About your 4th Quarter comment, I think it definately depends how close of a game it is entering the 4th and how much is at stake. I agree with you that if by the 2 min warning and it seems as if we have no chance, the stadium empties rather quickly. Personally, I've never left a second early to any regular season game I managed to get tickets to no matter what the score or situation. But you must understand, people have jobs, families and lives to get back to after the games and it would be rediculous to expect all of those people to stay fore every minute of every game even if our team doesn't have a shot.

I understand what you are saying but there have been many games over the years where regardless of the score the fans start to bolt in the begining of the 4th quarter..hell there were some games last year when the Jets were playing for something and there were surprising amounts of empty seats. I understand the family situations and all that my point is that regardless of the score fans in areas like GB, KC and Pitt support their team in different ways then here in NY. Sure the Jets have a great fan base and the stadium is sold out for the next 100 years but in NY that should not be a surprise.

I understand what you are saying but there have been many games over the years where regardless of the score the fans start to bolt in the begining of the 4th quarter

Some fans do, but from all of the games I've been to, almost all stayed until it was clear that we were going to win or lose. Personally, I think anyone that bolts at the end of the 3rd no matter what needs mental work...If I was THAT compressed for time I would either sell my tickets to other Jets fans or I wouldn't SHOW UP until the 4th quarter. I would never leave at the start of the 4th quarter.

hell there were some games last year when the Jets were playing for something and there were surprising amounts of empty seats.

Well, I was at the Pats game in week 2, it was packed, the Chi game in week 11 i think, it was packed. Those are the only 2 I went to last year but I heard from friends that the Buffalo game, Dolphin game, and Raider game were all completely packed... So I'm not so sure if I believe you. (Unless maybe 100 is a surprising number to you.)

regardless of the score fans in areas like GB, KC and Pitt support their team in different ways then here in NY.

Not exactly sure what you mean here. I did, however, realize that by the 2nd half of the 4th quarter of the Jets vs. GB game last year, the Packers Stadium was almost vacant.

Sure the Jets have a great fan base and the stadium is sold out for the next 100 years but in NY that should not be a surprise.

I agree with that statement, but I definately think Jets fans are at least top 10 in the NFL.

The Dolphins games are always half-filled with Jets fans when they play us down there, and the rest of their games the place is half-empty. Seems other folks have beaten me to this. Anyway, Jason Taylor has belly-ached loudly about this for years. Even Saban blamed the fans and their lack of support (way weak on his part to blame the fans for his team's poor play, but still).

My cousin will be down there doing his "Stupid ass Jets chant." Remember that brilliant rant? "Stupid ass Jets fans and their stupid ass Jets chant." There were flyers all over the Meadowlands Parking Lot, and the stupid ass Jets fans crucified him with our stupid ass Jets chant all game long. Taylor, he always gives us ammunition, that crybaby. Hehe.

That is not the way it is out here in San Diego. The last time they played a couple of years ago, we had more Dolphin fans then Charger fans. I have been a die hard Dolphin fan for a long time, and there are tons of them out here in Cali.

That is not the way it is out here in San Diego. The last time they played a couple of years ago, we had more Dolphin fans then Charger fans. I have been a die hard Dolphin fan for a long time, and there are tons of them out here in Cali.

That figures. Like Jeto said , there are few Phin fans in Miami.

Even the New England home opener last year was NOT packed. There were 2 rows of empty seats in one section, in the LOWER LEVEL and there were numerous seats spread throughout that were empty.

Oh and of course the Bears game was packed, there were 10,000 Bears fans in attendance. The majority of Jets fans f'n blow. Its season ticket holders like myself, 4H, Can't Hackett, 80 and numerous others who are there no matter what and there the entire game, not leaving to beat traffic like a sissy with 12 minutes remaining.