Tigers trade pitcher Maroth to Cardinals

JetNation

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 K's in 78 1/3 innings with a 5.06 ERA is pretty damn awful.

He's been hurt this year though. He's proven to be a league avg pitcher most of his career. He's not great but he's not awful either and I'd bet he pitches very well for St Louis.

He's been hurt this year though. He's proven to be a league avg pitcher most of his career. He's not great but he's not awful either and I'd bet he pitches very well for St Louis.

That would not surprise me. Jeff Weaver and Woody Williams were serviceable pitchers for the Cardinals.

You would argue the time of day. Mike Maroth sucks....let it go.

He has been a decent pitcher at times in his career. In fact, he was doing very well last year, until he had to shut it down due to bone chips in his elbow. He's been hurt again this year, so that is very worrisome.

He has been a decent pitcher at times in his career. In fact, he was doing very well last year, until he had to shut it down due to bone chips in his elbow. He's been hurt again this year, so that is very worrisome.

He's got a 4.8 career ERA and a 1.4 whip and never has a winning record in any season in which he made 10 starts. Beckett gets killed here and then Mike turns around and supports the Maroth's of the world.:confused:

Maroth is a non story.

Maroth puts out a decent effort or two but he showed this season that his stuff is on the decline. His fastball, which wasn't that fast to begin with, was losing velocity and his off-speed pitches haven't been breaking as much this year. Tigers didn't really lose anything sending him off.

LOL one game. I think Detroit's staff is just so deep that they can afford to part with mediocre pitchers for nothing.

Bingo.

Maroth is a decent pitcher, don't get me wrong. But I wouldn't take him over Bonderman, Verlander, Rogers, RObertson or even Andrew Miller.

• 3 weeks later...
*UPDATE*

Maroth's last 3 starts:

7/1: 3 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 2 HR, 1 BB, 2 K

7/6: 5 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 2 K

7/14: 5 IP, 9 H, 8 R, 6 ER, 3 HR, 2 BB, 4 K

STEAL of the year.

He's been a better than league AVG pitcher for them and they got him for nothing. Sounds like a good move to me.

Man dude your stats suck. It's 13 hits in 15.1 IP.

Do the math:

7/1: 3 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 2 HR, 1 BB, 2 K

7/6: 5 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 2 K

7/14: 5 IP, 9 H, 8 R, 6 ER, 3 HR, 2 BB, 4 K

13 innings, 20 hits, 12 ER, 8K, 7BB.

Archived