Tigers trade pitcher Maroth to Cardinals

JetNation

Maroth bounced back tonight with a 5 inning 11 hit -10 earned runs - 3 BB performance.

To quote madmike:

He's been a better than league AVG pitcher for them and they got him for nothing. Sounds like a good move to me.

Awesome move my the Cards. His performance tonight was sensational.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maroth bounced back tonight with a 5 inning 11 hit -10 earned runs - 3 BB performance.

See you just needed to give him some time to prove he was a great addition for the Cards :bag: . What's his ERA now with St. Louis? Oh never mind I'll just ask Mike, he's always has the stats :P .

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Maroth was hit hard for seven runs in four-plus innings against the Brewers on Friday.

Maroth surrendered 11 hits in the contest, including three doubles and a homer to Corey Hart. Only one of the runs came after he departed in the fifth, so Maroth doesn't have anyone else to blame for this one. The left-hander has a 9.20 ERA in six starts since joining the Cardinals, and he can't be trusted in any league.

NL proving to be a little tougher on old Mike.

Yet another terrible non-move by Cashman. Maroth was out there for the taking and good ole Brian was asleep at the wheel. When is he going to get tired of being out-foxed by every other FO in baseball? First he trades a proven stud in Randy Johnson who has a few good years left in him and then he doesn't trade for Mike Maroth who is a beter than league average pitcher. Moves and non-moves like this make it hard to root for this team. I never get tired of being right about everything. If you'll all excuse me, I'm going to go pat myself on the back just before I polish my crystal ball.

Yet another terrible non-move by Cashman. Maroth was out there for the taking and good ole Brian was asleep at the wheel. When is he going to get tired of being out-foxed by every other FO in baseball? First he trades a proven stud in Randy Johnson who has a few good years left in him and then he doesn't trade for Mike Maroth who is a beter than league average pitcher. Moves and non-moves like this make it hard to root for this team. I never get tired of being right about everything. If you'll all excuse me, I'm going to go pat myself on the back just before I polish my crystal ball.

Im no fan of Boy Brian, but how can you possibly blame hom for this? And for getting rid of Randy Johnson, who definately does not have a few good anything left in him. He's done for the year with that herniated disk and could be done forever.

Maroth is exactly the type of pitcher the Yankees dont need.

In fact, you have a logjam of 5-6 inning starters that are more than adequate, none of them great except Wang. You cant count on the old guys to get you more than 5 innings.

How the hell come none of you Yankee fans know what you need? How come I know your sucky team better than you?

You need to acquire 2 arms in the bullpen! One to set up who can also close when Slow Joe uses Mariano too much, and possibly one more for long relief who can bridge to 7th inning gap to the setup man. Not another starter and DEFINATELY NOT MARK TEIXERA!!!!!!!!!

But fat george is obsessed with the Red Sox (and he ought to be!!!) so he probably will bring in Mark Teixera to avoid him going to Boston for some of those no-name pitchers that you guys pretend to love so much and pretend to see as untouchable!

Im no fan of Boy Brian, but how can you possibly blame hom for this? And for getting rid of Randy Johnson, who definately does not have a few good anything left in him. He's done for the year with that herniated disk and could be done forever.

In fact, you have a logjam of 5-6 inning starters that are more than adequate, none of them great except Wang. You cant count on the old guys to get you more than 5 innings.

How the hell come none of you Yankee fans know what you need? How come I know your sucky team better than you?

You need to acquire 2 arms in the bullpen! One to set up who can also close when Slow Joe uses Mariano too much, and possibly one more for long relief who can bridge to 7th inning gap to the setup man. Not another starter and DEFINATELY NOT MARK TEIXERA!!!!!!!!!

But fat george is obsessed with the Red Sox (and he ought to be!!!) so he probably will bring in Mark Teixera to avoid him going to Boston for some of those no-name pitchers that you guys pretend to love so much and pretend to see as untouchable!

(Thor, you know what I'm gonna say)

1) Maybe because you need a life.

2) He's the one obsessed with another team?

3) Name 5 players on the Jets

(Thor, you know what I'm gonna say BECAUSE I AM AN UNFUNNY HACK AND I ALWAYS SAY THE SAME THINGS AD NAUSEUM.)

1) Maybe because you need a life. (cue half-retarded laughter)

2) He's the one obsessed with another team? (Yes, he is a crazy old man)

3) Name 5 players on the Jets (Ive been to more Jets games than you've had lonely, painful nights home alone not getting laid, and thats alot)

Here is the unedited version of Shadow's last post.

You can't possibly be so daft as to have not noticed the sarcasm in AFJ's post?

Those who can't do, teach.

Holy christ...no wonder you were banned from teaching the regular kids and they demoted you to babysitter.

That post was pure sarcasm directed at the self proclaimed greatest baseball mind that the world has ever known. Your pal angryattheworldmike.

Those who can't teach babysit.

I'm glad somebody got the point of my post.

I read the first line of it. Not the whole thing...I really have no use for AFJF and I find his posts kinda tedious. But just in case I missed something, since you said that, I went back and re-read it in its entirety.

I still see no clever sarcasm. Does AFJF have a history about Cashman/Maroth/Randy that I dont know about??? I dont see the running joke here.

But if it makes you happy: I am an idiot for not getting it the first time.

By the way, those who can't teach huh? I dont care what you do for a living, I'll go up against you in trivial pursuit any day and I'll put any 5 of my colleagues up against any 5 of yours...if indeed you have a job.

Holy christ...no wonder you were banned from teaching the regular kids and they demoted you to babysitter.

That post was pure sarcasm directed at the self proclaimed greatest baseball mind that the world has ever known. Your pal angryattheworldmike.

How the hell am I supposed to know that, I read angrymike's stuff less than I read yours.

By the way, those who can't teach huh? I dont care what you do for a living, I'll go up against you in trivial pursuit any day and I'll put any 5 of my colleagues up against any 5 of yours...if indeed you have a job.

Trivial Pursuit? You're on.

You just bit off way more than you can chew. Sucka.

I really dont think so! Judging by your picture anyway.

Edit: Not saying youre a bad looking dude, you just dont look like you'd be splitting the atom any time soon.

You'd be surprised.

And since you don't think I'm a CHUD, wanna make out for a little while?

How the hell am I supposed to know that, I read angrymike's stuff less than I read yours.

Of course you don't read my stuff. Babysitting is hard work and lord knows those kids require constant attention. You have to prioritize and with the way Gainzo, JonE, Max and a few others run circles around you there's no way for you to make time for a guy who caught on to your schtick years ago.

Ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

ahem...

OK, now let me address this issue...

bwa-hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

ROFL....

(sorry check back later, this Shadowjet character has me in stitches)

Real Edit: Hi-Diddly-Ho Everybody, hope you have a neat-o day. Okely Dokely Dee...

He's right JBF. Even I got it and I'm half asleep here. :biggrin:

You know it's actually funny how gay and self-righteous you really are.

I can appreciate WHY you want to get this thread locked...you insult Bob's appearance and all without apologizing. Youre really looking bad here. But that's your MO. So I assume that you can name-call better than that.

Archived