celll phone service help...

vinnys025

I am going to get a cell phone, does anyone know any good deals or which company to go with so I dont get ripped off? Thanks.

AT&T (Cingular), Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc they are all the same.

Talk to people who live around you and get their opinions on reception.

Where I live Cingular is great.

Where you live Verizon or T-Mobile may have better coverage.

My only advice is do not sign a 2-year contract. You will pay a little bit more up front with a 1-year contract, but you will then be a "free-agent" after that year and will be able to pick and choose your carrier.

Cant do that. ....how bout sprint?

Check the coverage in your area. Check to see if there is gaps in coverage in your area. If you live in a metro area in Texas, shoot for the best deal.

I moved two years ago and was in the middle of my contract with Cingular. The area I moved to had hit or miss Cingular coverage. It has gotten a lot better as I see a lot more Cell Towers up now. As Gainzo said, one year contracts are nice. One you are not tied in as long, especially if you have the possibility of moving. Plus, you can stay closer with technology as phones get better and hi tech.

AT&T (Cingular), Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc they are all the same.

Talk to people who live around you and get their opinions on reception.

Where I live Cingular is great.

Where you live Verizon or T-Mobile may have better coverage.

My only advice is do not sign a 2-year contract. You will pay a little bit more up front with a 1-year contract, but you will then be a "free-agent" after that year and will be able to pick and choose your carrier.

Ya kidding? you can't get reception sitting on top of a tower with t-mobile. i have verizon now, i don't have any complaints really. i've heard good things about the others...

way to use the term "free-agent" when discussing phones. LOL :)

Archived