• Francisco Liriano
    • Chuck James
    • Scott Kazmir
    • Tim Lincecum
    • Phil Hughes

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one is putting hughes in the hall of fame. Just like Prior and Wood people see immense talent and upside. Weather or not he's a hall of famer depends on factors that are impossible to foresee.

If he doesn't have injury problems I could easily see him putting up HOF caliber numbers. He's that good.

Who said this?

Who said "Hughes is better then 95%" of all pitchers?

The 3 best pitchers on this list are Hughes King Felix and Liriano but i'd give Hughes the edge because the other 2 have had arm injuries.

I see you completely forget about the (at times) unhittable Justin Verlander, the same kid who helped shut down your precious Yankees last postseason.

As he had arm trouble too?

I see you completely forget about the (at times) unhittable Justin Verlander, the same kid who helped shut down your precious Yankees last postseason.

As he had arm trouble too?

Verlander pitched 5.1 innings, 7 hits and gave up 3 runs to the Yankees in the ALDS. We were winning when we knocked him out of game 2. He got a ND.

Just keepin it real.

Anyways, I just noticed alk voted for verlander. Alk? ehwhat? Alk? He best not come back or I'll have to take off my belt.

Verlander pitched 5.1 innings, 7 hits and gave up 3 runs to the Yankees in the ALDS. We were winning when we knocked him out of game 2. He got a ND.

Just keepin it real.

Anyways, I just noticed alk voted for verlander. Alk? ehwhat? Alk? He best not come back or I'll have to take off my belt.

True, but I can make a couple of counter arguments to that: 1) The outing you speak of was nothing spectacular but not a bad one either against a difficult Yankee lineup; and 2) if there was any doubt Verlander was a stud he's put that to bed THIS season.

Archived