Soriano helps Cubs sweep White Sox

JetNation

You can put it on the booooooooooaaaaaaard..........YES!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

I'd give you a POTW nom Troll, but few would get the pimp job. For those that don't know-

this is one of the inane utterances spewed from the mouth of one Ken "Hawk" Harrelson http://www.heavethehawk.com/Hawkisms.html - a 5 star douche nozzle and announcer for the Lite Sox

When the interference call and the insuing insanity happened in the 8th - it was very cool to switch back and forth between broadcasts and hear that idiot piss and moan about the ruling. Pretty simple Hawk - defensive intereference - ball's dead.

When the interference call and the insuing insanity happened in the 8th - it was very cool to switch back and forth between broadcasts and hear that idiot piss and moan about the ruling. Pretty simple Hawk - defensive intereference - ball's dead.

Wasn't that wild?

I couldn't believe my eyes and thought for a second the WS were going to pull a triple play, all on tag outs.

I'd give you a POTW nom Troll, but few would get the pimp job. For those that don't know-

this is one of the inane utterances spewed from the mouth of one Ken "Hawk" Harrelson http://www.heavethehawk.com/Hawkisms.html - a 5 star douche nozzle and announcer for the Lite Sox

Wasn't that wild?

I couldn't believe my eyes and thought for a second the WS were going to pull a triple play, all on tag outs.

Actually, I'm full of sh!t with the defensive interference terminology. It was bothering me because knew there was a term but couldn't remember what it was. The correct ruling is called obstruction when a defensive player interfers with a runner. The ump then has the option to call the ball dead at the moment of the infraction or let the play develop and see where the runner that was violated ends up - essentially not further penalizing the runner from advancing. The umps let things get out of control when they didn't stop play after Pie tagged up and held at 3 locking in Pagan at 2nd base. It's amazing nobody in either broadcast booth had a clue as to how the umps would rule it after the 3 ring circus rundown was completed. We almost schwansed up a bags loaded/nobody out situation with the next batter but managed to get one run in.

It's never dull with the boys in blue Doug - often painful - but never dull.

NJ, I get WGN even here in Wilmington, NC, and have watched a few White Sox games. I HATE the ChiSox announcers. I hate how they call players by their first names as if they're close friends, hate their idiotic cheers after homeruns, and hate their extreme homerism. I'll die happy if they never call another game.

UNREAL!!!

what a 9th inning in this game. Matsui gives the Cubs a huge gift to extend the inning, and Soriano delivers with a game-winning single.

Scott Eyre should never be allowed to do anything more than swab toilets in the locker room. 26 innings pitched - 39 hits - 18 walks - 6.92 era. He is a POS and I don't care how much they spent on him - it was obviously a bad investment. Make him go away.

Bobby Howrey is an only a RCH better. Big Cub dollars at work.

NJ, I get WGN even here in Wilmington, NC, and have watched a few White Sox games. I HATE the ChiSox announcers. I hate how they call players by their first names as if they're close friends, hate their idiotic cheers after homeruns, and hate their extreme homerism. I'll die happy if they never call another game.

They are soooo painful to listen to dude. You would have to know the stereotypical Sox fan to appreciate how their babble is enjoyed and encouraged by the Sox faithful. I actually don't hate the White Sox like a lot of Cub fans - but I mute the volume if I'm watching them - it's nauseating.

Archived