Work ethic isn't the only thing that makes Welker a success

PFSIKH

A good article.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Justin Harper

Staff Writer

Grit, guts, heart and determination are always the explanations why Wes Welker has become an NFL success when he theoretically has no reason being one. The only problem with that theory is this:

"You can work hard, but if you don't have talent it doesn't matter,

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, the funny part is that I actually made you believe that I believe that.

No. You might try to back off what you said because you don't want to be such a clear homer but you actually believe that this midget is better than Coles and Cotch...

I don't know about you but if I signed the contract that he did, I would definately consider that a success. I'm just 'sayin...

Well getting to the NFL is a success in life. I'm talking about success as a football player in the NFL.

By Justin Harper

I got this far until I had to sprint to the bathroom. I took a huge welker and used up alot of tp to wipe my wes. I almost didnt make it on time, but thankfully I had the grit, guts, heart and determination to not soil myself before I flopped on the seat. Phew.

No. You might try to back off what you said because you don't want to be such a clear homer but you actually believe that this midget is better than Coles and Cotch...

:rl: Come on now, I think I've earned at least a LITTLE credit around this joint.

I got this far until I had to sprint to the bathroom. I took a huge welker and used up alot of tp to wipe my wes. I almost didnt make it on time, but thankfully I had the grit, guts, heart and determination to not soil myself before I flopped on the seat. Phew.

Did you leave a little Nugent in the bowl by chance? :P

I'll say this much. If the Jets had signed Welker and something like this fluff was posted the patsy fans on this site would be having a field day.

I doubt I would have. I've seen him shred my team enough times to know that I am happy we won't be facing him anymore.

I am so sick of the Wes Welker lovefest, this guy is a decent #3 WR and at best an average return man. The quote below is from Rodney harrison:

"That's the underrated acquisition right there. He gave us more problems than any player in our division. Quick, smart, fast, never dropped a ball. We couldn't single-cover him."

He have them more problems than any player int he division? Is this a joke? In 4 career games against the Pats Wes had a total of 14 recs, had 157 Yds and ZERO TDs. Yeah he really burned the Pats bad that they had to double him all the time. meanwhile in 2 reg season games lastyear cotchery had 12 recs, 191 yds and 2 TDs. Maybe doubling Wes in the game at Miami where he had 1 rec for -1 yards is the reason they gave up 21 points and lost?

Wes is an average player, not eorth anywhere near $10 mil in guaranteed money AND NE gave up 2nd an 7th rd picks. One of the worst trades in recent memory.

That may be but I know if he wasn't tearing us apart in the passing game it was in the return game. I'm happy to have him.

I keep hearing this from pats fans, where did you guys make this stuff up from?

Wes in 4 career games has 15 recs, 157 yds and ZERO TDs. That averages to under 4 recs, 39 yds and ZERO TDs a game. When exactly did he tear you apart?

KRs: 12 KRs, 19 yds per return

He had ONE big return against you an it was meaningless. It was a 46 yarder on the last play of th 1st half in the first meeting of '05.

PRs:

11 returns, 7.7 average, long of 14.

So when did Wes tear you apart in the return game?

I keep hearing this from pats fans, where did you guys make this stuff up from?

Wes in 4 career games has 15 recs, 157 yds and ZERO TDs. That averages to under 4 recs, 39 yds and ZERO TDs a game. When exactly did he tear you apart?

KRs: 12 KRs, 19 yds per return

He had ONE big return against you an it was meaningless. It was a 46 yarder on the last play of th 1st half in the first meeting of '05.

PRs:

11 returns, 7.7 average, long of 14.

So when did Wes tear you apart in the return game?

Rodney Harrison > You

I wonder if being 4'6" contributes to his success as well?

Deion Branch is the same height as Welker. Of course that didn't stop Jets fans from calling him a Top 5 WR AFTER the Patriots gave him the boot.

Deion Branch is the same height as Welker. Of course that didn't stop Jets fans from calling him a Top 5 WR AFTER the Patriots gave him the boot.

Kudos to you for getting this thread to last 3 pages, now let it die.;)

You certainly did not hear that from me. Welker is a 3 or a 4 at best.. nothing to get excited about.

You certainly did not hear that from me. Welker is a 3 or a 4 at best.. nothing to get excited about.

I agree, he is definately a three but Troy Brown and Wayne Chrebet made a pretty decent career out of that.

I'll say this much. If the Jets had signed Welker and something like this fluff was posted the patsy fans on this site would be having a field day.

Yeah, but it wouldn't matter because it would be on THEIR OWN BOARD! :)

BZ

True, but Wayne didn't cost a 2nd and 7th rounder.

That may be but I bet if you watched him put up the numbers he did the first few years for another team you wouldn't have had a problem giving that up. The Patriots ovbiously see something in him that alot of the armchair qbs don't and given their track record, I'm not the least bit concerned with us giving up a 2nd. round pick for him.

Archived