Work ethic isn't the only thing that makes Welker a success

PFSIKH

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deion Branch is the same height as Welker. Of course that didn't stop Jets fans from calling him a Top 5 WR AFTER the Patriots gave him the boot.

I don't remember anyone saying he was top 5. I do remember us all saying that he was the Pats # 1 WR and they wouldn't win it all last year without him.

Looks like we were right!

I don't remember anyone saying he was top 5. I do remember us all saying that he was the Pats # 1 WR and they wouldn't win it all last year without him.

Looks like we were right!

It was actually because Jr. Seau was injured but whatever makes you feel better I suppose. I mean you are the boss and all. :P

chances of Welker having better numbers than Moss?

hi say 40-60, or 30- 70

What numbers?

Receptions? Or yards and TDs?

IMHO, Welker will have more receptions then Moss. Moss will make his money stretching the field and scoring TDs. Welker will be the slot guy that Troy Brown was for many years.

It was actually because Jr. Seau was injured but whatever makes you feel better I suppose. I mean you are the boss and all. :P

You know Alk, that (Jr. going down) and Maroney unable to "really" play are the reasons. Sad but true. I swear the reason Thomas was so sought after was because of Indy TE burn.

BTW - who do you like better? Bug Eyes Caldwell or Jabbar Gaffney? I suspect one of them will stay on. News out of camp was that Washington looked like poop. I'm hoping for Gaffney. I just can't get myself to forgive Bug Eyes for his Indy gaffe.

What numbers?

Receptions? Or yards and TDs?

IMHO, Welker will have more receptions then Moss. Moss will make his money stretching the field and scoring TDs. Welker will be the slot guy that Troy Brown was for many years.

I didn't mean anything in particular, but yeah, more receptions, maybe even better yards after catch.

In short, i think he'll out preform moss, only cause moss has been so injury prone. We'll see though, I think Welker was a good pick up, he'd have looked nice in Green, but not for a second...JMO.

there's the report about Chad Jackson having major knee surgery and that he'll miss camp...may be ready for the season-great 1st round pick there huh guys?

he was early second right? i thought he was going to be a Keyshawn type, posession receiver...after this, maybe not.

there's the report about Chad Jackson having major knee surgery and that he'll miss camp...may be ready for the season-great 1st round pick there huh guys?

thankfully he was our second first round pick. Ah, those multiple first round picks. ;)

13 catches...WOW!!!! what would the Pats fans who frequent JN and JI have to say about a 1st rounder with THOSE paltry numbers had he been a Jet? hell, we hear it because Mike Nugent doesn't hit touchbacks....ah, that old double standard

I didn't mean anything in particular, but yeah, more receptions, maybe even better yards after catch.

In short, i think he'll out preform moss, only cause moss has been so injury prone. We'll see though, I think Welker was a good pick up, he'd have looked nice in Green, but not for a second...JMO.

I agree.

Welker is a perfect fit to the Patriots' system.

I would not be surprised if he put up Troy type numbers of the early 2000s.

BTW -

after reading the Kendall Thread, it got me thinking....

last year, Chad Jackson hurt himself in camp (hammy) and never recovered. Some speculate that he was rushed back too quick, which set him back even further. Yet, if I recall, wasn't the word last season that Jackson wasn't getting the offense? That he was a slow study? Which I found interesting since he allegedly rattled off the playbook during a pre-draft workout with BB. Now the story is that he was hurt bad and still is.

Makes you wonder: who puts forth these stories and why? What can you beleive? Who's agenda wins?

BTW -

after reading the Kendall Thread, it got me thinking....

last year, Chad Jackson hurt himself in camp (hammy) and never recovered. Some speculate that he was rushed back too quick, which set him back even further. Yet, if I recall, wasn't the word last season that Jackson wasn't getting the offense? That he was a slow study? Which I found interesting since he allegedly rattled off the playbook during a pre-draft workout with BB. Now the story is that he was hurt bad and still is.

Makes you wonder: who puts forth these stories and why? What can you beleive? Who's agenda wins?

it's a knee injury now Garb and ACL I believe-why would they say he was too dumb? I remember that too-could have something to do with the stealth injury policy of Belichick-it would not affect contract because he was already signed

No. You might try to back off what you said because you don't want to be such a clear homer but you actually believe that this midget is better than Coles and Cotch...

Says the guy that thinks Chad Pennington is better than Drew Brees and Marc Bulger.

You know Alk, that (Jr. going down) and Maroney unable to "really" play are the reasons. Sad but true. I swear the reason Thomas was so sought after was because of Indy TE burn.

BTW - who do you like better? Bug Eyes Caldwell or Jabbar Gaffney? I suspect one of them will stay on. News out of camp was that Washington looked like poop. I'm hoping for Gaffney. I just can't get myself to forgive Bug Eyes for his Indy gaffe.

I actually like both of them in a 3rd/4th WR role but I guess if I had to pick I would go with Caldwell. He was VERY solid that entire season considering the position he was put in. I was hoping Washington would stick. I wanted to see that TD dance just once. :lol:

it's a knee injury now Garb and ACL I believe-why would they say he was too dumb? I remember that too-could have something to do with the stealth injury policy of Belichick-it would not affect contract because he was already signed

Get used to that, Sir. The apple (or in this case, Penguin) does fall far from the Igloo. ;)

Get used to that, Sir. The apple (or in this case, Penguin) does fall far from the Igloo. ;)

yea I'm not complaining-after what we went through with the previous moron ...I saw it first hand Christmas night when after the Zach Thomas headhunting hit on Coles they had him sheilded with towels and assistants on the sidelines

It has been reported as a knee injury since about the Superbowl.

He hurt it on a ST play late in the AFC Championship game.

BTW he is a 2nd round pick and my guess will be IRed this year. With Moss and Stallworth potential one and done contracts, no need to rush him back yet.

Deion Branch is the same height as Welker. Of course that didn't stop Jets fans from calling him a Top 5 WR AFTER the Patriots gave him the boot.

You aren't really comparing welker to Branch, are you? Branch is far from great but he's alt better than the overrated, average Wes Welker.

I agree, he is definately a three but Troy Brown and Wayne Chrebet made a pretty decent career out of that.

You aren't really putting welker in the same gorup w/ Troy Brown and Wayne Chrebet, are you?

True, but Wayne didn't cost a 2nd and 7th rounder.

Plus $10 mil guranteed.

That may be but I bet if you watched him put up the numbers he did the first few years for another team you wouldn't have had a problem giving that up. The Patriots ovbiously see something in him that alot of the armchair qbs don't and given their track record, I'm not the least bit concerned with us giving up a 2nd. round pick for him.

WHAT NUMBERS????? The man has ONE receiving TD in 2 seasons, he average 10 yards per rec last year- that's good...for a RUNNING BACK! He did nothing against NE despite your false claims he killed you guys, his career PR average is anaverage 9.7, his career KR avg is a career below average 22.7. this was an asinine deal, he's nothing more than an average at best 3rd WR and an average at best KR/PR.

You aren't really putting welker in the same gorup w/ Troy Brown and Wayne Chrebet, are you?

I've posted this before, and I will post it again. Stop putting Wayne Chrebet in the same catergory as Troy Brown. Not even close. Troy was instrumental in the Pats success. Wayne did good. Troy is a Champion. Wayne did good. Troy was a 3-way player. Wayne did good. Troy Brown is a Cadillac - timeless, classic, sleek, peak performer. Wayne is a Hyundia- efficient, unassuming, economic.

I've posted this before, and I will post it again. Stop putting Wayne Chrebet in the same catergory as Troy Brown. Not even close. Troy was instrumental in the Pats success. Wayne did good. Troy is a Champion. Wayne did good. Troy was a 3-way player. Wayne did good. Troy Brown is a Cadillac - timeless, classic, sleek, peak performer. Wayne is a Hyundia- efficient, unassuming, economic.

out of 14 years in the league Troy Brown had 3 good/great years-the other 11 he was in the teens twenties 30's and 40's-definitely NOT Caddy standards

You aren't really comparing welker to Branch, are you? Branch is far from great but he's alt better than the overrated, average Wes Welker.

Plus $10 mil guranteed.

WHAT NUMBERS????? The man has ONE receiving TD in 2 seasons, he average 10 yards per rec last year- that's good...for a RUNNING BACK! He did nothing against NE despite your false claims he killed you guys, his career PR average is anaverage 9.7, his career KR avg is a career below average 22.7. this was an asinine deal, he's nothing more than an average at best 3rd WR and an average at best KR/PR.

You pretty much whiffed on every one of your points. Go take a reading comprehension class, reread my post and get back to me.

season of 50 plus receptions

Waynre Chrebet 7

Troy Brown 3

Sure, Wayne had more 50 yard reception seasons. Did he ever return a punt for a TD? Did he ever block a punt and lateral it for a TD? Did he ever make a first down catch in a superbowl? Did he ever intercept a ball meant for Eric Moulds?

Playa, pls.....stick those 7 years of 50 receptions where the sun don't shine.

Here's a stat fo you:

Rings:

Troy - 3 (and he was CRUCIAL to each of one them)

Wayne - "stu gatz"

Have a nice day. ;)

Sure, Wayne had more 50 yard reception seasons. Did he ever return a punt for a TD? Did he ever block a punt and lateral it for a TD? Did he ever make a first down catch in a superbowl? Did he ever intercept a ball meant for Eric Moulds?

Playa, pls.....stick those 7 years of 50 receptions where the sun don't shine.

Here's a stat fo you:

Rings:

Troy - 3 (and he was CRUCIAL to each of one them)

Wayne - "stu gatz"

Have a nice day. ;)

Garb --

Troy Brown is not the hall of famer you make him out to be.

Signed,

The World

I am one of Troy Brown's biggest fans, that's for sure.

But I will go to my grave KNOWING that there was no way in hell the Pats would have made it to, and win, their first two Superbowl's, and possibly the third, without the efforts of Troy Brown. Uh-uh. Nope. Nothing anyone could post would dissuade me.

I am one of Troy Brown's biggest fans, that's for sure.

But I will go to my grave KNOWING that there was no way in hell the Pats would have won their first two Superbowl's, and possibly tHE third, without the efforts of Troy Brown. Uh-uh. Nope. Nothing anyone could post would dissuade me.

to quote the great sage Billy Joel;

You may be right I may be crazy

but it just may be a LOOO-na-tic

you're looking for

to quote the great sage Billy Joel;

You may be right I may be crazy

but it just may be a LOOO-na-tic

you're looking for

Here's a quick story for you (ot):

A few years back - five years maybe? A friend and I went to a Billy Joel concert. Fantatsic loge area seats. Could see the sweat on his face. Per ususal, Mr. Joel starts talking to the audience. Then he started in with the Yankees are better jabs. Boston crowd. Bad move. My friend - who had WAY too much to drink - she stands up and starts shouting at him. "YOU SUCK, BILLY! YANKEES SUCK, BILLY!" I was MORTIFIED! I slink down into my seat. I wanted to disappear. Worst concert experience of my life.

It is MY reality and I can live it. It's a wee-bit like you thinking you're sexy.

I have at least one person here who tells me that I am sexy every day. Can you say the same thing?

haha.

Here's a quick story for you (ot):

A few years back - five years maybe? A friend and I went to a Billy Joel concert. Fantatsic loge area seats. Could see the sweat on his face. Per ususal, Mr. Joel starts talking to the audience. Then he started in with the Yankees are better jabs. Boston crowd. Bad move. My friend - who had WAY too much to drink - stands up and starts shouting at him. "YOU SUCK, BILLY! YANKEES SUCK, BILLY!" I was MORTIFIED! I slink down into my seat. I wanted to disappear. Worst concert experience of my life.

A chowd got loud and drunk at the same time? Cmon Garb you should try to make this stuff believeable.

Archived