Work ethic isn't the only thing that makes Welker a success

PFSIKH

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have at least one person here who tells me that I am sexy every day. Can you say the same thing?

haha.

Who 'dat? Smizzy?;)

btw - I can't beleive you used the word "chowd." You've been making guest visits at JI again?

Who 'dat? Smizzy?;)

btw - I can't beleive you used the word "chowd." You've been making guest visits at JI again?

They have me ip blocked at work, at home, etc. I can proxy but it is slow -- so I don't read that much anymore.

The chowd thing was a blast from the past I guess.

Here's a quick story for you (ot):

A few years back - five years maybe? A friend and I went to a Billy Joel concert. Fantatsic loge area seats. Could see the sweat on his face. Per ususal, Mr. Joel starts talking to the audience. Then he started in with the Yankees are better jabs. Boston crowd. Bad move. My friend - who had WAY too much to drink - she stands up and starts shouting at him. "YOU SUCK, BILLY! YANKEES SUCK, BILLY!" I was MORTIFIED! I slink down into my seat. I wanted to disappear. Worst concert experience of my life.

Garb, you have to take better care in choosing your friends.

Your best friend Tex does the same thing!

I've posted this before, and I will post it again. Stop putting Wayne Chrebet in the same catergory as Troy Brown. Not even close. Troy was instrumental in the Pats success. Wayne did good. Troy is a Champion. Wayne did good. Troy was a 3-way player. Wayne did good. Troy Brown is a Cadillac - timeless, classic, sleek, peak performer. Wayne is a Hyundia- efficient, unassuming, economic.

Wayne Chrebet was a great player who was misused by that ****ing moron Herman Edwards. he used to take him out on 3rd down plays all the ****ing time because ''the package'' wasn't meant for him. from 2001 -2005 his career was wasted by that dip**** Herman ****ing Edwards.

Chrebet was a better player than Brown, period.

Disclaimer: Herman ****ing Edwards rant over

Wayne Chrebet was a great player who was misused by that ****ing moron Herman Edwards. he used to take him out on 3rd down plays all the ****ing time because ''the package'' wasn't meant for him. from 2001 -2005 his career was wasted by that dip**** Herman ****ing Edwards.

dude, herm had to take mr. "clutch 3rd down" out so that our punters wouldn't get rusty :)

You must be a drug addict.

Does "staffer" = legal secretary?

Oh God no....I'm the worlds worst typist. Have you seen my posts? Yeesh! I couldn't even begin to imagine putting on of those dication machine plugs in my ear and typing away. I'd either get fired or kill myself....not sure which would be first.

Ops. Mgr.

Oh God no....I'm the worlds worst typist. Have you seen my posts? Yeesh! I couldn't even begin to imagine putting on of those dication machine plugs in my ear and typing away. I'd either get fired or kill myself....not sure which would be first.

Ops. Mgr.

so then paralegal?

so then paralegal?

Ops Mgr, goofball.

BP = you obviously did not read my riveting JN piece from two/three years ago called "The Fruit of the Matter: Why the Patriots win Championships and the Jets do not." Anyway, I pretty much blamed Herm Edwards and his leadership. Don't beleive me? Do an archive search, Fuzzy Head.

You should work here...you're arrogance would fit well.

Some "staffers" are working on a 1/2 million dollar project, thank you ;)

why am i arrogant because you said early you were an admin?? that's staff in my book. i'm not one of those aholes who lords over assistants and paralegals. 1/2 million? ya, that barely warrants an attorney's attention ;)

JUST KIDDING, sheesh!

why am i arrogant because you said early you were an admin?? that's staff in my book. i'm not one of those aholes who lords over assistants and paralegals. 1/2 million? ya, that barely warrants an attorney's attention ;)

JUST KIDDING, sheesh!

You should take the arrogant comment as a compliment.

Ops Mgr, goofball.

BP = you obviously did not read my riveting JN piece from two/three years ago called "The Fruit of the Matter: Why the Patriots win Championships and the Jets do not." Anyway, I pretty much blamed Herm Edwards and his leadership. Don't beleive me? Do an archive search, Fuzzy Head.

I believe you, Garb. I just kind of snap every time I think about Chrebet's career under the leadership of that jackass. it was basically ruined.

But I will have to look for that thread, thanks for the heads up.

JUST KIDDING, sheesh!

Here, anyway, there's administration staff (operations, hr, accounting, it, paralegals, secretaries) and attorney's. Truth be told, most of them do not "Lord" over the staff, but the one's that do more than make up for it. I know this because they all come crying to me. I have found that in mid-sized Law Office, being an operations manager pretty much means being a professional babysitter.

Yes, a job search is in my near future.;)

Here, anyway, there's administration staff (operations, hr, accounting, it, paralegals, secretaries) and attorney's. Truth be told, most of them do not "Lord" over the staff, but the one's that do more than make up for it. I know this because they all come crying to me. I have found that in mid-sized Law Office, being an operations manager pretty much means being a professional babysitter.

Yes, a job search is in my near future.;)

given the heaps of (most undeserved) presitge heaped upon attorneys, i have found they are a rather insecure bunch. when i'm not in the office, i don't look, act, dress or behave like one. some of my coworkers wear it on their sleeve and can never been seen not wearing loafers and a suit. F that.

given the heaps of (most undeserved) presitge heaped upon attorneys, i have found they are a rather insecure bunch. when i'm not in the office, i don't look, act, dress or behave like one. some of my coworkers wear it on their sleeve and can never been seen not wearing loafers and a suit. F that.

This is my first experience in the "world" of Law and quite frankly, I think you are all an isolated, messed-up, arrogant bunch - that may very well be a byproduct of insecurity - but whatever. Thing is - some of the secretaries and paralegals are worse. Holy Menopausal Mother of Gawd!

This is my first experience in the "world" of Law and quite frankly you are all an isolated, messed-up, arrogant bunch - that may very well be a byproduct of insecurity - but whatever. Thing is - some of the secretaries and paralegals are worse. Holy Menopausal Mother of Gawd!

i'd much rather have a partner pissed off at me than a secretary.

You pretty much whiffed on every one of your points. Go take a reading comprehension class, reread my post and get back to me.

I tore apart your silly litte arguments. Instead of attcking actually try to reply to my points but since you have nothing keep on believing NE feared Wes and that he killed you despite never scoring a TD and averaging 4 rec for 39 yds on O, 19 yds on KRs and 7.7 yds on PRs.

Please stop making stuff up. Chrebet's 3rd down effectiveness, as well as his overall effectiveness, was way down his last 3 years b/c he was HURT! I think we've gone ver this before but I'll post it again.

Under BP/Groh(it's less under just BP) from 1996-1999 Chrebet's 3rd down % was 68% meaning 68% of his recs went for 1st downs. under Herm from '01-'05 his % was 69%.

3rd down recs:

1997: 29 recs

1998: 26 recs

1999: 12 recs(prorated 17)

2000: 22 recs

2001: 19 recs(prorated 20 recs)

2002: 13 recs(prorated 14 recs)

2003: 11 recs(prorated 25 recs)

2004: 17 recs

2005: 8 recs(prorated 16- his career was already shot and he was barely playing)

he was hurt in '99, '03 and '05 where he missed signinifcant time. his '01 and '04 #s are in line w/ his 3rd down #s under BP. the only year he didn't stay in line when mostly healthy was 2002 so stop w/ the nonsense that Herm ruined Chrebet's career, concussions ruined his career. If he was healthy he would have been producing at a similar level.

I tore apart your silly litte arguments. Instead of attcking actually try to reply to my points but since you have nothing keep on believing NE feared Wes and that he killed you despite never scoring a TD and averaging 4 rec for 39 yds on O, 19 yds on KRs and 7.7 yds on PRs.

:good: Please try not to let FACTS get in the way of a good argument. :biggrin:

Please stop making stuff up. Chrebet's 3rd down effectiveness, as well as his overall effectiveness, was way down his last 3 years b/c he was HURT! I think we've gone ver this before but I'll post it again.

Under BP/Groh(it's less under just BP) from 1996-1999 Chrebet's 3rd down % was 68% meaning 68% of his recs went for 1st downs. under Herm from '01-'05 his % was 69%.

3rd down recs:

1997: 29 recs

1998: 26 recs

1999: 12 recs(prorated 17)

2000: 22 recs

2001: 19 recs(prorated 20 recs)

2002: 13 recs(prorated 14 recs)

2003: 11 recs(prorated 25 recs)

2004: 17 recs

2005: 8 recs(prorated 16- his career was already shot and he was barely playing)

he was hurt in '99, '03 and '05 where he missed signinifcant time. his '01 and '04 #s are in line w/ his 3rd down #s under BP. the only year he didn't stay in line when mostly healthy was 2002 so stop w/ the nonsense that Herm ruined Chrebet's career, concussions ruined his career. If he was healthy he would have been producing at a similar level.

And I'm sure you're going to say it's Hacket's fault he was removed from almost every 3rd down situation? :rolleyes:

You can blow those stats out of your ass until the sun goes down. he was hurt because he was in a predictable offense under your hero, Herm..he got absolutely murdered a couple of times against the Raiders because they were constantly jumping the routes. and do you know why they were jumping those routes? because they knew what was coming.

And I'm sure you're going to say it's Hacket's fault he was removed from almost every 3rd down situation? :rolleyes:

You can blow those stats out of your ass until the sun goes down. he was hurt because he was in a predictable offense under your hero, Herm..he got absolutely murdered a couple of times against the Raiders because they were constantly jumping the routes. and do you know why they were jumping those routes? because they knew what was coming.

I'll never forget what Chrebet said after Hackett was fired-something like "I'm sure someone is sad to see him go-not me"...Paul Hackett was sending him across the middle to block and be a decoy on 3rd downs AFTER having had a concussion..Wayne was getting clobbered by the Ray Lewis' of the league every time.Hackett's fault? I don't now but I DO know that idiot Herm was the guy SUPPOSEDLY in charge and we know he never protected his players-ask Curtis Martin

Archived