Work ethic isn't the only thing that makes Welker a success

PFSIKH

How can there be 208 posts about Wes Welker ?? You guys need Tc to start right away geez

It's the only questionable move the patsies have made in a while, and this is an attempt to smear them.

It's not working, but maybe in another 208 posts we'll get 'em.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then how do you explain Justin McCareins?

You don't,you admit it was a mistake and you move on.Although at least the Jets envisioned McCariens to be their number 2 WR,I'd be surprised if the Pats future plans involve Welker playing outside.

With as bad as the Dolphins were they were damn near close to being top 10 in passing attempts. So receptions is a garbage stat in this case. They were losing a lot and throwing the ball.

True.

With Booker on one side, Chambers on the other and McMichael in the middle, Welker exploited mis-matches as a slot.

What do you expect to happen with Moss, Stallworth and Watson? The same thing.

The Patriots did not have a viable 3rd WR threat last year and struggled. That is why teams were able to shut the offense down for stretches or games.

it doesn't matter that Ne has struggled w/ 2nd rd Wrs the past few years, that has no bearing on the future. The year before bethel they drafted Deion Branch in rd 2. What if you gave Wes all that money and missed on another Branch? wes is not the type of player that is difficult to acquire. They alreayd have Wtrs as good as him on the roster and tey could have drafted a player and saved $1 mil guaranteed and a later pick.

wes was 31st inr ecs b/c Miami threw the ball a million times being behind every game and 90% of his recs were dumpoffs. the man averaged 10 yds per rec. he was nowhere near 31st in yds per, yards and TDs. The man has ONE rec TD in 2 years. He is an average player, easy to find. miami, for once, fleeced another tam instead o being fleeced.

Yes, they do have receivers as good as him, but which one is better then him in the slot?

Moss? No.

Stallworth? No?

Troy? Not any more.

Jabeche Caldney? No.

He is not being asked to stretch the field like Moss and Stallworth. He does not have the physicality or speed. He would probably do as well or a little better then Caldwell did. He is being asked to be a slot receiver. A position he has already done well in.

Actaully, I think the failure of previous 2nd rounders to grasp the offense and exploit their talent has something to do with Welker's signing.

Here are last year's 2nd rounders:

Chad Jackson; Sinorice Moss; Greg Jennings; Devin Hester

Two years ago:

Reggie Brown; Mark Bradley; Roscoe Parrish; Terrence Murphy; Vincent Jackson

Three years ago:

Devery Henderson; Darius Watts; Keary Colbert

Reggie Brown is nice. Greg Jennings might be. Devin Hester is a great return man, let's see on the actual receiving.

However, I see none that I want to see as a slot receiver. Rather then take the crap shoot of striking the rare Deoin or Reggie Brown second rounder that is ready. Sign someone that is NFL ready and has not been questioned about work habits.

Welker signing with the Jets might be a waste, but he fills a specific need for the Patriots and will prove to be worth it.

True.

With Booker on one side, Chambers on the other and McMichael in the middle, Welker exploited mis-matches as a slot.

What do you expect to happen with Moss, Stallworth and Watson? The same thing.

The Patriots did not have a viable 3rd WR threat last year and struggled. That is why teams were able to shut the offense down for stretches or games.

Yes, they do have receivers as good as him, but which one is better then him in the slot?

Moss? No.

Stallworth? No?

Troy? Not any more.

Jabeche Caldney? No.

He is not being asked to stretch the field like Moss and Stallworth. He does not have the physicality or speed. He would probably do as well or a little better then Caldwell did. He is being asked to be a slot receiver. A position he has already done well in.

Actaully, I think the failure of previous 2nd rounders to grasp the offense and exploit their talent has something to do with Welker's signing.

Here are last year's 2nd rounders:

Chad Jackson; Sinorice Moss; Greg Jennings; Devin Hester

Two years ago:

Reggie Brown; Mark Bradley; Roscoe Parrish; Terrence Murphy; Vincent Jackson

Three years ago:

Devery Henderson; Darius Watts; Keary Colbert

Reggie Brown is nice. Greg Jennings might be. Devin Hester is a great return man, let's see on the actual receiving.

However, I see none that I want to see as a slot receiver. Rather then take the crap shoot of striking the rare Deoin or Reggie Brown second rounder that is ready. Sign someone that is NFL ready and has not been questioned about work habits.

Welker signing with the Jets might be a waste, but he fills a specific need for the Patriots and will prove to be worth it.

One could seriously argue that they did not have a viable #1 or #2 - and three #3's....Caldwell, Gaffney and Brown.

One could seriously argue that they did not have a viable #1 or #2 - and three #3's....Caldwell, Gaffney and Brown.

:confused:

What is the world coming to....Garb is bashing Troy.

Archived