Jet/BosoxFan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Let's start with the Opening Day BLESSING from Good Ol' JoneJinx:

"Where are Haggis and PFSIKH. I thought this was their year.Oh well"

(thanks JonE...as always :))

-Here is one from Bruce Bukiet, faba's mathmetician:

"The New York Yankees will win a whopping 110 games this season, more than any other major league team, according to a mathematician who applies math to real-life situations.

The projection comes from a model that Bruce Bukiet of the New Jersey Institute of Technology developed and has used and updated for the past six years to predict how many games each team will win during the 162-game season."

-Here is another from Insane Mike from week 3:

"This thread is about boston. The yankee starters will be fine."

-Cmart chimes in much later in the season:

"The Yankees starters will be fine. The Yankees have had many seasons where they started off bad and ended up winning the division. 1998 they started off 1-4 and went on to have the best record in baseball and win the world series. Im tired of hearing all these bullsh*t assumpsions after only 6 games."

Did he just say World Series???

This is too much fun. More to come...

-Let's start with the Opening Day BLESSING from Good Ol' JoneJinx:

"Where are Haggis and PFSIKH. I thought this was their year.Oh well"

(thanks JonE...as always :))

-Here is one from Bruce Bukiet, faba's mathmetician:

"The New York Yankees will win a whopping 110 games this season, more than any other major league team, according to a mathematician who applies math to real-life situations.

The projection comes from a model that Bruce Bukiet of the New Jersey Institute of Technology developed and has used and updated for the past six years to predict how many games each team will win during the 162-game season."

-Here is another from Insane Mike from week 3:

"This thread is about boston. The yankee starters will be fine."

-Cmart chimes in much later in the season:

"The Yankees starters will be fine. The Yankees have had many seasons where they started off bad and ended up winning the division. 1998 they started off 1-4 and went on to have the best record in baseball and win the world series. Im tired of hearing all these bullsh*t assumpsions after only 6 games."

Did he just say World Series???

This is too much fun. More to come...

Their pitching has been fine the whole season. Its the bats that didnt show up at times mostly in May. Once again you are a tool and when we get to the playoffs were winning the whole damn thing and theres 2 things your goofey ass can do which is 1. Nothing and 2. Like it.

You guys are funny. This is a NY Jets forum, where there will be a majority of NY fans, whether it be the mets of Yankees. I find it funny how a fan of the opposing team has to come here and constantly make threads about the opposition. That would be like me , joining some Blosux forum, and posting threads since 96, about what underacheibving losers the red Sux have been. Just look at the facts. Any of us yankee fans could have a field day with over a decade of showing how we have dominated the division. How soon have you people and rabbit boy forgotten that you spent 150 million last year, and didn't even make the playoffs. If you are lucky enough not to choke the lead you have this year, it will be your first division title since when ? In all this time, I am proud to say I have never gone or even registered on a Blosux forum, to expose their futility.

What can I say about mets fans . If the Blosux fans are bad, the mets fans I just feel bad for. A team that continues to bring back the 86 druggies and honor them. Then again, you gusy haven't had a sniff of championships for quite a while. The last one you had was against us. We all know how that went. Mike Piazza's vageeen started to hurt and you guys went down quick.

I think I made my point, and I didn't even have to call rabbit boy any names. I must admit, there is no reason to question his sexuality, because that's something we already know about him.

lol

Who is your team ? You are here to " annoy" Yankee fans ? I'm surprised that putting that in your profile doesn't get you banned. I hope you are an Angels fan or at least a team that has had success against the Yankees. I await your response anxiously.

Who is your team ? You are here to " annoy" Yankee fans ? I'm surprised that putting that in your profile doesn't get you banned.

I mean it...these Yankee fans used to have a sense of humor about these kinds of things...now look at 'em.

Bunch of sore losers!

Every single one of us in Yankee Hater Nation has experienced the pain of our teams' being hopelessly futile and insignificant! We took it in stride and sometimes laughed it off...you people are f'n sad! Your team finally sucks after a decade and you cant even take a joke without banning everyone under the sun!

I mean it...these Yankee fans used to have a sense of humor about these kinds of things...now look at 'em.

Bunch of sore losers!

Every single one of us in Yankee Hater Nation has experienced the pain of our teams' being hopelessly futile and insignificant! We took it in stride and sometimes laughed it off...you people are f'n sad! Your team finally sucks after a decade and you cant even take a joke without banning everyone under the sun!

The yankee fans aren't used to losing so they don't have as coherent a cut and run strategy as you do to deal with losing...

You guys are funny. This is a NY Jets forum, where there will be a majority of NY fans, whether it be the mets of Yankees. I find it funny how a fan of the opposing team has to come here and constantly make threads about the opposition. That would be like me , joining some Blosux forum, and posting threads since 96, about what underacheibving losers the red Sux have been. Just look at the facts. Any of us yankee fans could have a field day with over a decade of showing how we have dominated the division. How soon have you people and rabbit boy forgotten that you spent 150 million last year, and didn't even make the playoffs. If you are lucky enough not to choke the lead you have this year, it will be your first division title since when ? In all this time, I am proud to say I have never gone or even registered on a Blosux forum, to expose their futility.

What can I say about mets fans . If the Blosux fans are bad, the mets fans I just feel bad for. A team that continues to bring back the 86 druggies and honor them. Then again, you gusy haven't had a sniff of championships for quite a while. The last one you had was against us. We all know how that went. Mike Piazza's vageeen started to hurt and you guys went down quick.

I think I made my point, and I didn't even have to call rabbit boy any names. I must admit, there is no reason to question his sexuality, because that's something we already know about him.

First of all, this is a Jets forum. Believe it or not, there are fans of the Jets and teams other than the NY teams.

You say any Yankee fan can have a field day about their successes. Believe me, they do. Now it's Sox fans to have their field day. Sucks doesn't it?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You want to talk about another team and their druggies? Remember a guy named Steve Howe? You brought in Darryl Strawberry, Jason Giambi and Sheffield 'allegedly' used illegal drugs.

The smarminess and arrogance of some Yankee fans is sickening.

Did you read the board before you signed up?

First of all, this is a Jets forum. Believe it or not, there are fans of the Jets and teams other than the NY teams.

You say any Yankee fan can have a field day about their successes. Believe me, they do. Now it's Sox fans to have their field day. Sucks doesn't it?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You want to talk about another team and their druggies? Remember a guy named Steve Howe? You brought in Darryl Strawberry, Jason Giambi and Sheffield 'allegedly' used illegal drugs.

The smarminess and arrogance of some Yankee fans is sickening.

Oh, I see. You are going to enjoy half of a season where you are ahead of us ? :) For your sake, your franchise better not collapse as usual. I apologize that some players on the Yankees used steroids. It's sad because I guess we are the only team that has had players on their roster that have used performance enhancing drugs. I'm happy to say that none of the home grown talent that led the dynasty in the late 90's has been linked to them. You do know what a Dynasty is do you ?

Did you read the board before you signed up?

Yes. I don't join any Red Sox forums , nor do read them because I don't live my life to see Boston lose. I want the Yankees to win. I don't go on Patriots forums and post retarded pictures of Tom Brady etc. I recognize that they are an excellent team, even though I hate them. You won't catch me talking garbage about them, even though I am a Jets fan. It's called using your brain.

Oh, I see. You are going to enjoy half of a season where you are ahead of us ? :) For your sake, your franchise better not collapse as usual. I apologize that some players on the Yankees used steroids. It's sad because I guess we are the only team that has had players on their roster that have used performance enhancing drugs. I'm happy to say that none of the home grown talent that led the dynasty in the late 90's has been linked to them. You do know what a Dynasty is do you ?

Do you mean the franchise that blew a 3-0 lead in the ALCS in 2004?

If you want to talk Dynasty's look no further than the 60's Celtics or the modern day Patriots.

If you want to talk Dynasty's look no further than the 60's Celtics or the modern day Patriots.

I thought Red Sox fans always say to not bring up the past ? While I am fully aware we ate a large pickle in 2004, I can bring up multiple times that the Yankees were on the opposite end of that. It just so happened that our largest choke job, led to the Blosux only ring in the last 90 years.

As far as the Patrioits, I take nothing away from what they have accomplished.

I thought Red Sox fans always say to not bring up the past ? While I am fully aware we ate a large pickle in 2004, I can bring up multiple times that the Yankees were on the opposite end of that. It just so happened that our largest choke job, led to the Blosux only ring in the last 90 years.

As far as the Patrioits, I take nothing away from what they have accomplished.

Yankees fans have been the ones bringing up the past over the last 6 or so seasons as the team has not accomplished their goal of a World Series win.

Shadowjet is the king of that. All he talks about is 26-6.

Ignore Jet/BoSox and enjoy the banter between the Yanks, Mets and Sox fans.

It's only June.

It's only June.

It's part of being a fan of a team. It just surprises me that a guy with no life would stick around just to instigate flame wars. You are obviously a Red Sox fan, but it seems you are able to have a dialogue without looking to instigate bullcrap.

Yankees fans have been the ones bringing up the past over the last 6 or so seasons as the team has not accomplished their goal of a World Series win.

Shadowjet is the king of that. All he talks about is 26-6.

It's only June.

Isn't winning championships all that matters?

All that's what we've done, and you haven't...

So 4 WS rings in 5 years is not a dynasty, but 3 Sb rings in 6 years is...Interesting...:roll:

Thanks for playing.

Bahahaha. POTW NOM.

Gloat about 2004 all you want, it still doesnt top '96, '98, '99 and remember Mets fans, '00. Also doesn't add up to 26 to 6, but hey, thats old news right? So's 2004 then.

4 rings in 5 years, even your mighty Patriots couldn't do that Gainzo, be fair.

Ooh, ooh, I can play that game too. I won as many championships as the Yankees did from 1979-1995.

Using the past to manipulate an argument concerning the present is SO much fun.

If 2000 is soooo long ago like sox/mets fans would have us believe, than 2004 is the past as well.

Neither WS championship is helping win games in 2007, bottom line. But I'll be damned if I let a mets fan laugh at the Yankees not winning since 2000, considering they havent won in 20 years. I mean, get a reality check SJ. Not to mention, the team the Yankees beat in 2000 was the Mets.

If 2000 is soooo long ago like sox/mets fans would have us believe, than 2004 is the past as well.

Neither WS championship is helping win games in 2007, bottom line. But I'll be damned if I let a mets fan laugh at the Yankees not winning since 2000, considering they havent won in 20 years. I mean, get a reality check SJ. Not to mention, the team the Yankees beat in 2000 was the Mets.

it's a valid argument when yanks fans deflect all criticism by bringing up the past.

Archived