Dennis Green names Warner as his starter at QB

faba

Green: Warner is our quarterback

Courtesy of Arizona Cardinals' media relations

Tempe, Ariz. (May 25, 2005) -- Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green announced his decision to name Kurt Warner as the team's starting quarterback.

"With our team organized workouts starting up again next week, we're entering an important phase in our preparation for the 2005 season," said Green. "I think it's important during this time that the leadership of the team is established and Kurt has clearly demonstrated that he's one of our team leaders. From the day he arrived, that's been evident by the way he performs on the field, the way he prepares himself, and the way he interacts with his teammates. We're confident that he

Kurt Warner is finished. This is just another example of why you don't let a coach dictate who the team drafts. They were sitting there last year with the third overall pick (or was it the fourth?), with Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger staring them in the face and they took take-it-to-the-bank bust Larry Fitzgerald because Green is tight with Fitzgerald's family. Pure idiocy.

Kurt Warner is finished. This is just another example of why you don't let a coach dictate who the team drafts. They were sitting there last year with the third overall pick (or was it the fourth?), with Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger staring them in the face and they took take-it-to-the-bank bust Larry Fitzgerald because Green is tight with Fitzgerald's family. Pure idiocy.

After watching Big Ben in the Playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see him look mediocre this season.

After watching Big Ben in the Playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see him look mediocre this season.

the jets exposed big ben as the fraud that he is. if you watched pitt play last year you could see all of the big plays were scrambles and broken plays where he made something happen once the defense started rotating. the jets forced him to stay in the pocket and chuck it, and he couldn't do it.

I am not ready to give up on Warner yet. I think he might have something left in the right situation.

If they can block for him this might be the right situation. More than likely it is not though.

the jets exposed big ben as the fraud that he is. if you watched pitt play last year you could see all of the big plays were scrambles and broken plays where he made something happen once the defense started rotating. the jets forced him to stay in the pocket and chuck it, and he couldn't do it.

Big Ben a fraud? What kinda kool-aid you drinkin'? :lol:

Yes he struggled when teams like the Pats and Jets figured out our scheme and dropped 8 back when we passed, but any young QB would have struggled as well. It's just a process they go through. The kid hung in their and had the poise and moxy to shake his bad throws off though. I even predicted that he could struggle some next season as well, but trust me, he is far from a fraud. His best asset may be his durability.

I am not ready to give up on Warner yet. I think he might have something left in the right situation.

If they can block for him this might be the right situation. More than likely it is not though.

Agree, Maxman.

This could be a great fit for Kurt.

He could be happy there.

Plus, I understand wife/husband Brenda W. already has a radio gig in the Phoenix area.

d

Agree, Maxman.

This could be a great fit for Kurt.

He could be happy there.

Plus, I understand wife/husband Brenda W. already has a radio gig in the Phoenix area.

d

Ouch. She did him a world of hurt in St. Louis. You have millions of dollars. Put a muzzle on that already.

Archived