Is 11 games enough? Are the RedSox a lock for AL-E title?

SouthernJet

Sox fans know that it is never enough when it comes to the Yankees. They are like Michael Meyers, shoot them 6 times, and they'll still get up.

They have the bats to win games. They have decent pitching, though the bullpen is a mess. Unfortunately for them, very rarely have the bats and the arms been working in tandem.

I won't count them out until the YEP.

It hasn't happened since 97 and it is NOT Happening here.

Be rest assured that come September there will be alot of Mets and Sox fan doing their usual whining about the Yankees payroll.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Yanks win the East.

Be rest assured that come September there will be alot of Mets and Sox fan doing their usual whining about the Yankees payroll.

Yanks win the East.

I agree tha tthe Yanks have the talent to do a unthinkable type surge to make up 11 games..

could happen,,others?

or is 11 games too much to make up when every nite you have to play the the teams in AL-E?

Division is done. We need to shoot for it though to set the standard high so we take over the wild card in the process. The players need to think the division race is not over. If they think its over, they wont even get the wild card. They need to shoot for the division, and hope they get the wild card instead.

Cleveland has its flaws.

I agree tha tthe Yanks have the talent to do a unthinkable type surge to make up 11 games..

could happen,,others?

or is 11 games too much to make up when every nite you have to play the the teams in AL-E?

Well considering the fact that you brought up the point that the AL East is the weak link in the AL this year then yes.

In simple terms the Yanks have become the diva's of the American League. When everything is fine they are good. The MOMENT that this team runs into some issues they go into a funk. Why ? To be honest I don't know. Bad Chemistry, Age, Ego, could be anything. But there is ZERO Excuse for losing 2 of 3 to the Giants or getting swept and scoring 5 runs in Colorado.

We will see what happens. Getting close to the all-star break, which team will show up ?

Keep throwing dirt on the Yankees. I as a fan am very angry with how they played this weekend and against Colorado. They are still a team with excedllent talent, and the core has won it all, multiple times. There is more than half a season still left to play. We have sent Boston fans to sleep crying more than a handful of times in their life. I can only hope we do it again.

Yanks win the East.

Translation: The Yanks will try and buy their way out of this hole. I agree if it takes 300 mill in payroll they will give it a shot. That said you must admit this is a shaky roster for 230 million dollars or wherever the figure is at after Roger was catered to.

Nothing in the rules against it so have at it.

The yankees can't worry about boston or cleveland or detriot. They have to fill their gaping holes and start to play better. If they get to 93 wins they will make the playoffs.

They're going to have to go 57-32 to make that happen. They can do it, but it's a very tall order. 25 games over for the rest of the season? We'll see.

They're going to have to go 57-32 to make that happen. They can do it, but it's a very tall order. 25 games over for the rest of the season? We'll see.

The Yankees need to start winning on the road. They are 16-23 away from home. I'm sure the trip to Baltimore will help bolster that record.

11 games is alot.

Are they a lock? If not who can catch them? Blue Jays? Maybe Yanks?

No.

The Sox are 22 games above .500. If they play .500 the rest of the way, they would finish 92-70. All the Yankees would have to do is go 57-32 to win the division. That is a very good winning percentage, but it is not like it is to the point the Yankees have to play .800 while the Sox play .200.

If the Yankees can clip 7 games off the lead in two weeks like the did in the first part of this month, 11 games is not safe until 40 or so games are left.

Archived