SICK OF THIS TEAM

It's not a question of innings pitched. It's leaving them in too long and pitching them on 3 days rest. It's no shock these guys are both missing MAJOR parts of the season this year.

I don't see any reference to where they were pitched on 3 days rest. Between both Johnson and Sanchez they started a total of 1 game with less than 5 days rest.

Not saying Girardi is the great manager many claim as his replacement is doing just as well with his pitching staff struggling but this claim is bogus. Anyway, the GM and the organization on a hole decides how many innings a young pitcher is capable of not the manager.

Girardi was let go due to his public statements to ownership.....watching things play out in the Bronx it may have been done on purpose by Girardi.

The hitting has been the problem all year.

Actually, if youre doing a "Why do the 2007 Yankees gargle my nut$" pie graph, "hitting" wont be as big as you think as the Yanks have won their share of lopsided contests. Now if you want to say "clutch" hitting has been a problem...I'll buy that as you have NO CLUTCH LEFT-HANDED BATS TO SPEAK OF. But to say just hitting is inaccurate. A-rod & Jeter are having great years at the plate and Whore-hey is continuing his inexplicable dink-hit fest every day.

Sh*tty defense has been the biggest problem because it is! Its been a constant. Now you have pitchers showing up their teammates on the mound (Pettite no less) because of lackluster play in the field. Its been (giving up 4+ outs per inning) the root cause of most of your pitchers coming unglued and giving up leads or making deficits insurmountable.

You know what they say...Death, Taxes, and Past a diving Jeter!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

And Steinbrenner needs to let his baseball guys handle the baseball operations. Part of the reason the Yankees are sucking right now is because of the ridiculous contracts/deals that George forced Cashman to make (Randy Johnson, Damon, Sheffield, Wright etc etc). Cashman is a solid GM and he actually has a long term plan. Steinbrenner is great at signing checks, but he needs to stay the f*** out of the baseball operations.

POTW nominee..

Cashman solid as they get,, its not his fault that he was pushed these contracts for Georges obsession for back page headlines..

CANNOT ****ING HIT

Complete embarassment.

try chearing for the small market clubs. The rest of the country is laughing, you'll have your day in the sun soon enough, allow us to enjoy your demise.

try chearing for the small market clubs. The rest of the country is laughing, you'll have your day in the sun soon enough, allow us to enjoy your demise.

Your Brewers are an absolute joy to watch.

Corey Hart has been on fire. As hot as any hitter. The Braun kid has slipped beautifully into the number 3 hole. Fielder, enough said.

it will be interesting to see what they do wil Gallardo now that Cappy is coming back.

The Brewers are an example of how baseball teams should be built

Corey Hart has been on fire. As hot as any hitter. The Braun kid has slipped beautifully into the number 3 hole. Fielder, enough said.

it will be interesting to see what they do wil Gallardo now that Cappy is coming back.

I thought you were leaving the baseball forum?

truth

Actually, if youre doing a "Why do the 2007 Yankees gargle my nut$" pie graph, "hitting" wont be as big as you think as the Yanks have won their share of lopsided contests. Now if you want to say "clutch" hitting has been a problem...I'll buy that as you have NO CLUTCH LEFT-HANDED BATS TO SPEAK OF. But to say just hitting is inaccurate. A-rod & Jeter are having great years at the plate and Whore-hey is continuing his inexplicable dink-hit fest every day.

Sh*tty defense has been the biggest problem because it is! Its been a constant. Now you have pitchers showing up their teammates on the mound (Pettite no less) because of lackluster play in the field. Its been (giving up 4+ outs per inning) the root cause of most of your pitchers coming unglued and giving up leads or making deficits insurmountable.

You know what they say...Death, Taxes, and Past a diving Jeter!!!

Derek Jeter >>> ANy Redsox player ever.

I know smizzy is just being his usual boorish, roguish, pejorative self...but a few things need be mentioned here about Captain Overrated:

CO is rapidly becoming a bush leaguer. Forget no publicly defending his teammates from scorn like a good captain should do. Remember when he bumped A-rod when they were both trying to catch a ball? When A-rod got the error, he didn't argue. But when the official scorer changed his ruling and turned it into an E-6, he had plenty to say. Leadership??? He "leads" a bunch of lackadaisical, back-stabbing weasels. There's a reason that team hasn't had any fire since O'Neill, Brosius and Martinez left. Jeter is just another tool with good PR whom marks like smizzy ballwash because they are too dense to see through the smokescreen.

Jeter seems content to sit back and watch the Yankee ship sink. No b@lls at all! It's OK to play the Boy Scout when you have guys like Paul O'Neill, Joe Girardi, Tino Martinez, etc. ready to fight tooth and nail to win ballgames. But that laid back attitude gets kind of tired when you are a last place team looking for a spark. A-Rod should enjoy the fact that his GQ comments were right on the ball!! Jeter would be irrelevant on a last place team as many of us in here know to be the truth!

The current Yankee failures fall on the middle of the lineup. The # 2 hitter on the team doesn't shoulder the blame when runs aren't scored??? I say the Yankees need to play with an edge.

Jeter is the last person you should be counting on this year for anything other than coming up short on diving plays that other SS's with better range can make in their sleep!!!

I really hope they can keep it up too. Its been a long, long time since the brewers have been in contention of anything more than last place.

I agree with how they have been built is a great example of how to do it. It sort of reminds me of the 96 yankee squad, where the heart and sole came primarily through their farm system (i include O'neil in that category, since he wasn't much with cincy, brosius too, he was great in stripes), jeter, williams, posada, pettite...that was a fun team to watch.

After today's debacle, don't even know what to say or where to begin. Just know Torre has to go at season's end. The Yanks should be sellers at the deadline,though with the salaries they are carrying cannot see who anyone would really want. Just don't deal the kids and figure out who will be here in 2008.