parking pass situation

bitonti

how do people think the pass situation will affect the games?

the density of the parking lot will be greater, they are busing people in but it's going to be a process... by game time you will have the same 80k people in half the space - could get rowdy?

Getting out could be better? half the cars means less volume at the roads - and those should be fine with the construction (or will they get torn up too, making it even more of a nightmare?)

Also what about all the trucks and winnys - i didn't really read the policy on big vehicles the first time around but sounds like it's going to be tough to just bring a big tailgate vehicle without multiple passes? special passes?

I can see alot of season ticket holders either sellng the passes and going to less due to the trouble or perceived trouble with construction. No offense intended to the NJ'its but who really wants to drive from LI or Westchester to get bussed in from Seacacus? That last leg of the journey might be the straw that broke the camels' back.

thoughts?

the density of the parking lot will be greater, they are busing people in but it's going to be a process... by game time you will have the same 80k people in half the space - could get rowdy?

Getting out could be better? half the cars means less volume at the roads - and those should be fine with the construction (or will they get torn up too, making it even more of a nightmare?)

Also what about all the trucks and winnys - i didn't really read the policy on big vehicles the first time around but sounds like it's going to be tough to just bring a big tailgate vehicle without multiple passes? special passes?

I can see alot of season ticket holders either sellng the passes and going to less due to the trouble or perceived trouble with construction. No offense intended to the NJ'its but who really wants to drive from LI or Westchester to get bussed in from Seacacus? That last leg of the journey might be the straw that broke the camels' back.

thoughts?

If anyone wants to sell they're parking pass, send me a pm!

thoughts?

Its going to be an absolute mess for this seasons and maybe a few seasons afterwards until the new Stadium opens and this one is knocked down. In fact, I was at a Red Bulls game at the stadium a few weeks ago, where approx. 10k people showed up, and that was a mess. I can't even begin to imagine how much of a mess it will be when 80k come for the Jets games.

thoughts?

Bit interesting point about it being easier to leave. Although the last few years I was in prepaid lot 18-b and it was pretty damn easy to get out of there.

I am not impacted but I am told the people with the larger trucks are paying something like $80 for their passes (per game). Not 100% sure about that.

Its my understanding they are only losing about 5 or 6,000 parking spaces, knocking the numbers down from around 28,000 to around 22 or 23,000, so they arn't losing half, but as long as you get into the stadium early, you should have no problems and getting out should be easier because, as you stated, less cars to get around.

Archived