Sony's PS3 selling better than the Xbox360

ECURB

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20070626/bs_ibd_ibd/2007626lands;_ylt=AqQm369fR2EFp782cFlihAYK77EF

Its PlayStation 3 machine, which debuted in November, has won raves for its technological superiority over machines from Nintendo and Microsoft. But it trails those consoles in sales, with just 5.5 million PS3 consoles sold to date

I know the 360 is somewhere in the 11's... so lets make this math easy... PS3 6 million, and 360 12 million consoles sold...

Playstation 3 came out in November 06'

Xbox360 came out in November 05'

In 7 months the PS3 has sold about 6 million consoles...

In 19 months the 360 has sold about 12 million consoles...

The 360 has had now 2 holiday seasons to sell its consolve VS only one for the PS3... the PS3 is also selling this well with all of its "killer apps" coming late in 07' or early 08'...

Basically... the PS3 is selling .86 million consoles per month right now... and the 360 is selling .63 consoles per month right now...

With games like the new Gran Turismo, Playstation's "home", Killzone 2, Warhawk, LAIR, the Agency MMO, SOCOM, Metal gear solid, and blockbuster choosing to carry Blu-ray as its high def format... things are looking good for the PS3 this holiday season...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20070626/bs_ibd_ibd/2007626lands;_ylt=AqQm369fR2EFp782cFlihAYK77EF

I know the 360 is somewhere in the 11's... so lets make this math easy... PS3 6 million, and 360 12 million consoles sold...

The 360 has had now 2 holiday seasons to sell its consolve VS only one for the PS3... the PS3 is also selling this well with all of its "killer apps" coming late in 07' or early 08'...

Basically... the PS3 is selling .86 million consoles per month right now... and the 360 is selling .63 consoles per month right now...

With games like the new Gran Turismo, Playstation's "home", Killzone 2, Warhawk, LAIR, the Agency MMO, SOCOM, Metal gear solid, and blockbuster choosing to carry Blu-ray as its high def format... things are looking good for the PS3 this holiday season...

If you are going to post a link at least post the whole thing. You neglected to include this tidbit:

Its PlayStation 3 machine, which debuted in November, has won raves for its technological superiority over machines from Nintendo and Microsoft. But it trails those consoles in sales, with just 5.5 million PS3 consoles sold to date.

A disappointing start for PS3 sales probably led to Kutaragi's retirement from Sony. Product shortages and the device's high price (as much as $600) have hurt adoption of the machine.

The bloke who was the driving force behind the PlayStation has left the Company? That explains the piss-poor sales and the $100 of millions that Sony has lost with the PS3.

Having fun forcing your opinions onto people?

Why do I care about the rest of the article?

Poor sales?? They are on a faster pace than the 360... where does that leave the 360?

The article very clearly states the PS3 has sold 5.5 million... which means it is on a faster pace than the 360...

Bash the PS3 all you want... but the 360 is doing worse...

ecurb....bigger Chad homer or bigger PS3 homer? Tough call!

ecurb...I am loving my PS3. loading songs on the 60GB drive is cool. I have a Sony camera, and browsing photos is easy to do. The Blu-ray is a BIG step up from a standard DVD player. But don't call me a homer!

ecurb....bigger Chad homer or bigger PS3 homer? Tough call!

ecurb...I am loving my PS3. loading songs on the 60GB drive is cool. I have a Sony camera, and browsing photos is easy to do. The Blu-ray is a BIG step up from a standard DVD player. But don't call me a homer!

lol

It just pisses me off when people are blindly following the 360 like its the greatest thing ever... touting how its crushing the PS3 in sales... now the PS3 has a very strong Q1 in 07' and is on a great pace... and they still wont admit its a great system... More people are spending $600 on a PS3 every month than they are a 360...

The PS3 hit 5 million in sales faster than the PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox360... but somehow it sucks? Resistance fall of man sold 1 million copies faster than any 360 launch title... but it sucks?

I always say that I like both systems... (I had to get rid of the 360, couldnt afford both) and yet I am called the "homer" when everyone else here is clearly a microsoft homer...... get your lips unstuck from Bill gates **** long enough to realize how good the PS3 is...

BTW Tabor... They just released firmware 1.82... a minor update to allow more video types to be supported and a few minor bug fixes... also Resistance had an update for maps and it hints at in game XMB access... which is expected with firmware 2.00

I'm not slamming you ecurb, but honestly why do you care? You love your PS3 obviously, so why does it matter if someone slams it?

I don't care if other people hate/love my interests, in the end all that matters is that I enjoy it.

There will always be sony/microsoft/nintendo fanboys...it comes with the territory. If you love PS3 and its the far better product for your money and it works for you, great!! That should be enough for you, and you wouldn't care about what other people think.

I'm not slamming you ecurb, but honestly why do you care? You love your PS3 obviously, so why does it matter if someone slams it?

I don't care if other people hate/love my interests, in the end all that matters is that I enjoy it.

There will always be sony/microsoft/nintendo fanboys...it comes with the territory. If you love PS3 and its the far better product for your money and it works for you, great!! That should be enough for you, and you wouldn't care about what other people think.

Yeah but it would be no fun if I didnt argue about it... :)

Really its only because I know being in an online forum there will be people here interested in buying a new video game system... (and a lot have) so I just want to make sure it isnt all one sided...

Its more of a dislike I have for Microsoft and the way they BUY publicity for themselves and others... they will take out HUGE ads with a magazine when it comes time to write an article on next gen systems... and conveniently the mag always thinks the 360 is better and the PS3 sucks...

I just like to debate/argue things... and next to Chad... this is the most argued topic I get on JN.... :lol:

you assume the trends will remain at the same pace

that's unrealistic

expect a bump with halo 3

none of the games you list has even half the buzz of H3.

Killzone 2 is expected to surpass the hype of Halo 3...

We shall see... the hype is going to explode for everything at "E3" soon...

People aren't going to run out and buy a 360 for one game. H3 has been rumored pretty much since the release of the 360 and hasn't come yet. People who would have bought it only for that game, probably have by now anyway.

I agree with Ecurb here, Microsoft sucks Chinchilla balls.

People aren't going to run out and buy a 360 for one game. H3 has been rumored pretty much since the release of the 360 and hasn't come yet. People who would have bought it only for that game, probably have by now anyway.

At this point in time no one is going to run out to buy a PS3 or 360. The buzz is over.

I was at Target yesterday and there were no 360's or Wii's, but at least 10 PS3's for sale.

I'm waiting for H3 to get my 360, I don't understand why ps3 fans hate the 360 and vice verse. The competition is good for the consumers, with companies trying to outdo each other we get more technological stuff and do dads for less money :)

Can the ps3 play burned blue ray movies? or for that matter can the xbox 360 play burned hd movies?

Im not sure to be honest... with the sheer size of these movies though burning copies is a thing of the past... it will just take far too long to make copies and isnt worth it...

At this point in time no one is going to run out to buy a PS3 or 360. The buzz is over.

I was at Target yesterday and there were no 360's or Wii's, but at least 10 PS3's for sale.

Don't know what to tell you... Best Buy has been doing an awesome PS3 sale... that could be why... also Sony has said they are running at FULL SPEED production... while Microsoft and Nintendo have both said they are not going to ramp it up until the holidays... either way the PS3 is outselling the 360 on a monthly basis...

I'm waiting for H3 to get my 360, I don't understand why ps3 fans hate the 360 and vice verse. The competition is good for the consumers, with companies trying to outdo each other we get more technological stuff and do dads for less money :)

Dont waste your time... its overhyped and didnt look greta in the beta... the PS3 will have Killzone 2 and Resistance 2... both of which will have better online play and better audio and graphics... also SOCOM looks like it will be great for the PS3

Dont waste your time... its overhyped and didnt look greta in the beta... the PS3 will have Killzone 2 and Resistance 2... both of which will have better online play and better audio and graphics... also SOCOM looks like it will be great for the PS3

I'm not interested in Resistance at all. I'd rather not take two whole clips just to kill someone, while everyone's running around in circles shooting. It's too fast-paced, is there any chance for a strategy other than let's all barge in and run around insanely shooting?

EDIT: What the f*** with the double post, and what the f*** for quoting ecurb and it says I quoted myself.

What the hell are you basing this on? Halo is one of the most well established franchises on any platform. Halo 2 sold over 8 million copys. Killzone didn't even sell one million.

Japan, home of the Wii.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6194474.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=zdnn

Nintendo's Wii game console outsold Sony's PlayStation 3 by a ratio of more than 6 to 1 in June in Japan, a game magazine publisher said, solidifying Nintendo's leading position.

Nintendo sold 270,974 units of the Wii in the four weeks ended June 24, compared with 41,628 units for the PS3 and 17,616 units for Microsoft's Xbox 360, according to data from Enterbrain.

Japan, home of the Wii.

Nintendo's Wii game console outsold Sony's PlayStation 3 by a ratio of more than 6 to 1 in June in Japan, a game magazine publisher said, solidifying Nintendo's leading position.

Nintendo sold 270,974 units of the Wii in the four weeks ended June 24, compared with 41,628 units for the PS3 and 17,616 units for Microsoft's Xbox 360, according to data from Enterbrain.

It's still hard to get a Wii in the US. You could get a PS3 any time you want...

Japan, home of the Wii.

That's like 24012 more PS3's! :eek: lol

How could you possibly know already that they'll have better online play, audio, and graphics. If killzone 1 sucked, why do you expect #2 to be so different. Look at the sales differences between Killzone 1, and either Halo or Halo 2. I have no idea how you can guarantee that they'll both have better online play, honestly.

Pretty sure I said Resistance 2 / Killzone 2/ and SOCOM guys not just Killzone...

Either way... Sony already showed the possibilty of a robust online gaming experience with Resistance... 40 players at once with no lag...

Killzone 2 looks greta from what everyone has seen... go read up on some gaming websites that got to see it at GDC... also it will be shown at E3 this year so we will see... and I know SOCOM will have killer online play...

Pretty sure I said Resistance 2 / Killzone 2/ and SOCOM guys not just Killzone...

Actually, I'm pretty sure you didn't. Let's take a look at your exact quote.

Not a peep outta you about Resistance 2 or SOCOM, sorry. Killzone 2 might've looked great, but everyone knows halo 3 will be at least great. I don't care about the graphics, it's all about the gameplay. (But I do like me graphics, makes me games look very nice on big TV. :))

Archived