AFC East belongs to the Jets in the near future

BB has maybe what... 2-3 seasons left in NE? I feel he is ready to retire. And Randy Moss may be the player who drives Bill out of the game.

Thank you NE and BB for giving us a young coach in Mangini who is becoming a great coach. I just hope he sticks around for the long fun, and if he does... Well thank you NE. NE can not last without BB, so I say the future of the AFC East will be the Jets.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BB has maybe what... 2-3 seasons left in NE? I feel he is ready to retire. And Randy Moss may be the player who drives Bill out of the game.

Thank you NE and BB for giving us a young coach in Mangini who is becoming a great coach. I just hope he sticks around for the long fun, and if he does... Well thank you NE. NE can not last without BB, so I say the future of the AFC East will be the Jets.

I guess the Jets will get their time at the top at some point. Here is the list of AFCE titles for each team:

Bills: 7

Colts*: 6

Dolphins: 13

Jets: 2

Pats: 9

*Left AFCE in 2002. Have since won 4 of 5 AFC South titles.

Wow... Only 2? Man oh man.

I thought you would have known that! 1998 and 2002.

If you recall 2002 was the year when the Jets, Pats, & Phins all finished with 9-7 records. The Jets won the division on the last day of the season as the Pats upset the Phins and then the Jets destroyed the Packers in the 4 o'clock game.

Based on what? Too much winning?

And why would Randy drive him out of the game? A player he has zero invested in?

Belichick's time table to coach is on his clock. He could win another title and walk away from the game next year. He could come up short and leave also. I doubt it, but it could happen. I just know that Moss is not going to drive him away.

Based on what? Too much winning?

And why would Randy drive him out of the game? A player he has zero invested in?

Belichick's time table to coach is on his clock. He could win another title and walk away from the game next year. He could come up short and leave also. I doubt it, but it could happen. I just know that Moss is not going to drive him away.

You see what T.O did 2 parcells? Parcells always quits when the going gets tough and the tough get going, but Randy Moss is going to drive BB crazy, and im gonna love each and every down that Randy Moss takes off.

I have no doubt that the Jets will reign supreme someday - and I have no doubt the Pats decline will commence when BB steps down - which should be in a year or two or three. I really beleive that. However, I do not beleive that the downfall will be Randy Moss. Unlike Parcells - who was ruled by Jerry Plastic Man Jones - BB will cut Moss faster than you can say "cut" if he in any way is a detriment to the team. I'm not a Kraft fan, but I give him credit for this: he lets BB and Pioli handle all personnel/football ops. matters.

You see what T.O did 2 parcells? Parcells always quits when the going gets tough and the tough get going, but Randy Moss is going to drive BB crazy, and im gonna love each and every down that Randy Moss takes off.

Keep in mind that Parcells wanted no part of the TO show. That was Jerry Jones all the way.

BB wanted Randy and got him. That's a big difference.

And Par$ells and/or TO has what to do with Belichick?

First, any correlation between Bill and Bill is weak.

Par$ells has always been about the now. Belichick has built his team for what is best now and five years from now. Even all the media rants of Belichick gearing for one run because of his 'spending' spree need to look at it a little closer. Of all the signings, which players will be with the team in 2008? Moss? :confused: Stallworth? :confused: Adalius? Yes. He has been a character guy his entire career. Welker? Another guy on the rise that according to that article is everything you look for in a player.

Second, if you have a YouTube video of Randy having an interview in his drive way while he does crunches and showing off chiseled abbs....please provide it. I am not saying Moss is a guarantee to be a success because of the Patriots' leadership. I would not be surprised if he was a head case and cut by September 1st. The one thing we can say, Randy has never been as bad as TO. Take plays off? Yes. Be a cancer? No.

Last, the one thing I see that gives me hope for Randy is the Patriots' leadership. He has never had it in the NFL. From Dennis Green to Mike Tice to Art Shell, he has always had coaches and teams with questionable leadership. He has it in Foxboro. This is his chance to prove he is as good as his talent suggests. Look at Dillon. Cancer in Cincy. Team player in New England. A champion. That is what Moss is looking for.

NE is not a team built to last much longer. Once age takes it's toll on the defense it'll be hard to keep players on the team (taking pay-cuts just to stay a Patriot). This is witnessed by Ty Warren, getting a new agent for next year. The team just can't afford to keep the talent it has collected once everyone gets good enough to "get paid" on a different team.

Belichik can prove his worth better as a coach to move on next year, and emulate his years of success from a different location. My guess is NFC, where he could develop another dynasty.

Either way, NYJ are on the way up; putting together the pieces to dominate for years to come, while NE will probably peak this year and start it's eventual decline.

NE is not a team built to last much longer. Once age takes it's toll on the defense it'll be hard to keep players on the team (taking pay-cuts just to stay a Patriot). This is witnessed by Ty Warren, getting a new agent for next year. The team just can't afford to keep the talent it has collected once everyone gets good enough to "get paid" on a different team.

Belichik can prove his worth better as a coach to move on next year, and emulate his years of success from a different location. My guess is NFC, where he could develop another dynasty.

Either way, NYJ are on the way up; putting together the pieces to dominate for years to come, while NE will probably peak this year and start it's eventual decline.

Why would Belichick move on to another team? If he does step down he will probably go off into the sunset.

Of course the Pats will tumble at some point, but I don't see it happening in the next few years. Do you realize that the Pats have two 1st round picks next year?

Green you have some real good points. However, you missed on some.

The Patriots fall victim to the prat falls of the salary cap just like every team.

Deoin. Maybe Assante. Warren might be just as likely to leave for a big pay day. However, they also do a good job of keeping and signing people to lower contracts. Jarvis Green. Tedy Bruschi. Even Adalius Thomas took less money to come to New England. There is a method to the Patriots' madness. They seemingly draft a DL, OL or TE every year. For cases such as Warren.

The Patriots are relatively young. You addressed the D, but the O is set-up nice also. Only Brady and Moss are over 30 for skilled positions. Neal is the only OL over 30 and he just hit it. The only area on the D hit with age is LBer. The DL's starters are 27 and younger. Super-sub Jarvis Green is the old man of the bunch at 28. The DBs depending on Assante are not that old. Eugene Wilson, James Sanders, Ellis Hobbs and Randal Gay are well under 30. They are in the mix with over 30 vets such as Harrison, Scott and James.

The Patriots do have age issues, but they are not ready to file for AARP.

Why would Belichick move on to another team? If he does step down he will probably go off into the sunset.

Of course the Pats will tumble at some point, but I don't see it happening in the next few years. Do you realize that the Pats have two 1st round picks next year?

First round picks are expensive. It's hard enough to retain your team after a winning a SB; which they've already won, right? Let alone keep everyone happy, paid, and in Foxborough.

Why would BB move on to another team? Cause Miami is nice this time of year, cause New York might be more fitting to his style... I don't know, Carolina, Cleveland, and New York might have openings next year. If he can pull a Mangini; take a 4-12 to the playoffs, it truly shows how good of a coach he really is. Perhaps he has the ability to create a dynasty in both conferences, and wants that honor. If I was BB, I'd want my team to be in the NFC, he could create a perenial playoff contender much easier than where the AFC is headed.

Besides, the way we are rolling, who wants to coach in the same division as the Jets? ;)

I thought you would have known that! 1998 and 2002.

If you recall 2002 was the year when the Jets, Pats, & Phins all finished with 9-7 records. The Jets won the division on the last day of the season as the Pats upset the Phins and then the Jets destroyed the Packers in the 4 o'clock game.

One of my fondest memories of a tailgate/game. I remember during the tailgate the dolphins took the lead and as we were heading into the stadium we hear the pats had tied it up. Halfway thru the first quarter the crowd ERUPTS during, I think, a penalty called against the jets, because the fans were all listening to that game on walkmans and radios. The Packers didn't stand a chance after that.

Sweet.

First round picks are expensive. It's hard enough to retain your team after a winning a SB; which they've already won, right? Let alone keep everyone happy, paid, and in Foxborough.

Why would BB move on to another team? Cause Miami is nice this time of year, cause New York might be more fitting to his style... I don't know, Carolina, Cleveland, and New York might have openings next year. If he can pull a Mangini; take a 4-12 to the playoffs, it truly shows how good of a coach he really is. Perhaps he has the ability to create a dynasty in both conferences, and wants that honor. If I was BB, I'd want my team to be in the NFC, he could create a perenial playoff contender much easier than where the AFC is headed.

Besides, the way we are rolling, who wants to coach in the same division as the Jets? ;)

As a Jets fan do you think that the only way they will overtake the Pats in the AFCE is if BB leaves?

Mangini is not taking the Jets to 10 wins next year. Maybe 7 or 8.

Green you have some real good points. However, you missed on some.

The Patriots fall victim to the prat falls of the salary cap just like every team.

Deoin. Maybe Assante. Warren might be just as likely to leave for a big pay day. However, they also do a good job of keeping and signing people to lower contracts. Jarvis Green. Tedy Bruschi. Even Adalius Thomas took less money to come to New England. There is a method to the Patriots' madness. They seemingly draft a DL, OL or TE every year. For cases such as Warren.

The Patriots are relatively young. You addressed the D, but the O is set-up nice also. Only Brady and Moss are over 30 for skilled positions. Neal is the only OL over 30 and he just hit it. The only area on the D hit with age is LBer. The DL's starters are 27 and younger. Super-sub Jarvis Green is the old man of the bunch at 28. The DBs depending on Assante are not that old. Eugene Wilson, James Sanders, Ellis Hobbs and Randal Gay are well under 30. They are in the mix with over 30 vets such as Harrison, Scott and James.

The Patriots do have age issues, but they are not ready to file for AARP.

Your linebackers are all 30 or over. You are one line-backing injury away from having a liability at that level of defense. Seau and Bruchi can't play forever. Thomas is great, Colvin is coming to; and Vrabel gets the job done... I'd say two-out-of-the five last another three years.

I forsee you having issues keeping your secondary intact; Samuels might get tagged again next year, but I don't see that as a positive. Then there's Gay, who also want out. After them, Tory James (34), Chad Scott (32), Artrell Hawkins (30) are your next best defenders. Figure Harrison can't stay upright forever, and within the next year you have two DBs (Hobbs, and Meriweather) and a bunch of back-up safeties.

Like you said, your offense is set. Scary set. My only concern would be to keep Brady on whatever vitamins he's taking; he can't stay healthy forever. Even pacts with the Devil have time limits.

As a Jets fan do you think that the only way they will overtake the Pats in the AFCE is if BB leaves?

As a jets fan I think the only way to overtake the pats is to keep doing what we've been doing, build a solid foundation for the team to be successful every year and grow from there, add some pieces and let some fall off.

Where BB coaches has nothing to do with the jets' success, unless of course he becomes Mangini's defensive coordinator.;)

Where'd you get that idea? I think once NE starts their inevitable fall, the Jets will dominate the division. At that point, it wouldn't surprise me to see BB pack his bags and set up camp with NYG's. Start anew, with a new team to show the league that it truly is his coaching; and not the players.

Where'd you get that idea? I think once NE starts their inevitable fall, the Jets will dominate the division. At that point, it wouldn't surprise me to see BB pack his bags and set up camp with NYG's. Start anew, with a new team to show the league that it truly is his coaching; and not the players.

The Pats will fall at some point. I have no doubt about that but have you forgotten about Buffalo?

I remember a game last year when the Bills kicked the Jets arses in a must win game at home for the Jets.

The Pats will fall at some point. I have no doubt about that but have you forgotten about Buffalo?

I remember a game last year when the Bills kicked the Jets arses in a must win game at home for the Jets.

Buffalo always plays us hard. But there's more to divisional dominance than one or two close games a year. I think our "dominance" will come out through the team foundation we are setting; the work ethic, high character, team oriented approach.

I'm more afraid of Mangini's methods, than Jauron's.

Yeah, before they abandoned the principle of high character players.

Whatever you say mate. The Pats haven't changed their philosophy one bit.

Leon Washington sounds like a "high character" guy. Punching a woman and then running is awesome.

The Jets were really good that year.

The Jets had the best team talent wise was in 98 and 04. In 98, we got to the AFC championship and got crushed by Elway, TD Davis, and co. in the 2nd half. In 04, we had a crappy coach and it seemed like a miracle that we made it to the 2nd round.

Whatever you say mate. The Pats haven't changed their philosophy one bit.

Leon Washington sounds like a "high character" guy. Punching a woman and then running is awesome.

Justin Miller was a holdover from the Edwards era; his draft stock fell due to character concerns at the time, which probably would've kept him off our team had Mangini been in charge. While you say the Pats haven't changed one bit; perhaps you missed the signing of Randy Moss and the drafting of Brandon Meriweather. Their introduction to the team was based on the "strong lockerroom presences". Now, I don't think it will have any huge impact on your team; but the last time you added "questionable" character, you did it one player at a time... Harrison, Dillon.

The Jets had the best team talent wise was in 98 and 04. In 98, we got to the AFC championship and got crushed by Elway, TD Davis, and co. in the 2nd half. In 04, we had a crappy coach and it seemed like a miracle that we made it to the 2nd round.

1998. No question, but 04? Are you kidding me?

The Pats were much better than the Jets that year. The Pats won the first game 13-7 and the second game 23-7.

Pennington's stats in game 1: 19-30 for 162 yards (no TD's or INT's)

Pennington's stats in game 2: 22-36 for 252 yards (1 TD, 2 INT's)

He had an awesome completion percentage in both games.

The Pats went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. The Jets went 10-6.

The Pats were much better than the Jets that year. The Pats won the first game 13-7 and the second game 23-7.

If we had a somewhat decent coach that year we would have been playing you in the AFC Championship game that year. In fact, we almost were... even with Herm.

Yeah but they still went their 7th year without even making the frilling playoffs.

You can't possibly be serious.

Yeah, before they abandoned the principle of high character players.

You mean character like the Jets have for keeping a player that just few weeks ago punched a 110 pound woman in the mouth because she wouldn't give him the time of day? Thats the kind of character players the Jets have. :rolleyes:

I don't even count that stat-padding TD. Wasn't it like 23-0 with 2 minutes left in the game by then?

I disagree though as far as simply comparing the two teams' records & saying it's as simple as that. Seriously, are the Pats 14-2 with a SB ring if BB & Weis are replaced with Herm & Hackett? You can't actually believe that. Likewise, do the Jets really only win 10 games with that sissy schedule if we had BB/Weis instead of Herm/Hackett? I think they beat Baltimore, StL, and probably NE/NYJ game 1 since it was only a 6-pt game with that lopsided coaching advantage NE had. That would make them both 13-3 & that's assuming the coaching would have had no impact on the 2nd Jets/Bills game.

And in the playoffs, anyone who thinks BB would be dumb enough to kneel on the ball to make Doug Brien's 41y FG into an even longer 43y FG in Heinz Field - after already missing a pair from 40+ in that same game - doesn't watch football.

Archived