Gift Ideas for Kids

#27TheDominator

It's my god children's birthday. What is popular with the 7-9 year old set these days? Twins, a boy and a girl. It's pretty much got to be something I order on-line because I am a long way from Connecticut. It was a lot easier when I could drop by the house and hang out until they told me what they wanted.

It's my god children's birthday. What is popular with the 7-9 year old set these days? Twins, a boy and a girl. It's pretty much got to be something I order on-line because I am a long way from Connecticut. It was a lot easier when I could drop by the house and hang out until they told me what they wanted.

My boy just turned 6 and he loves Air Hogs. (http://www.airhogs.com/)

Not sure what girls are into.

for the girl...

claires.com

Get her a pair of flip flops, cute sunglasses and a purse. Fill the purse with jewelry from here and you'll be golden. :)

High School Musical was like "the in thing" last year, not sure if it still is, but if she doesn't already own the DVD, she'd probably love it.

Girls also love stationary and decorative pillows (butterflies and hearts) for their beds.

for the girl...

claires.com

Get her a pair of flip flops, cute sunglasses and a purse. Fill the purse with jewelry from here and you'll be golden. :)

High School Musical was like "the in thing" last year, not sure if it still is, but if she doesn't already own the DVD, she'd probably love it.

Girls also love stationary and decorative pillows (butterflies and hearts) for their beds.

Oh my gosh, LJ .. you are so out of it ( said with my best valley girl accent) :lol: High School Musical 2 is coming out Aug. 17th ( my birthday..by the way.. thank god i will be going to a game... otherwise i would be completely ignored! :lol:)

AND Zac Ephron sings!!! :D

#27... LJ is on the mark.. but if she is not into fashion and stuff.. My little pony or polly pockets are still big .... BUT the biggest thing now is something called Webkins ( interactive beanie babies, i think) and very hard to find.

Oh my gosh, LJ .. you are so out of it ( said with my best valley girl accent) :lol: High School Musical 2 is coming out Aug. 17th ( my birthday..by the way.. thank god i will be going to a game... otherwise i would be completely ignored! :lol:)

:lol: I better get back in the loop soon, since I have my own little Leo having a b-day (21st). She is such a girly-girl, which is funny for me since I was more tomboyish as a kid. I'm sure the princess will start dropping me hints soon.

:lol: I better get back in the loop soon, since I have my own little Leo having a b-day (21st). She is such a girly-girl, which is funny for me since I was more tomboyish as a kid. I'm sure the princess will start dropping me hints soon.

i was a total tomboy too.. my daughter is a Leo too ( July 29th) not a good thing to have two female leo's in the same house! :lol: her new thing is purses.. she wants a coach bag for her birthday... if i can get away with it, i dont even carry a purse! LOL!

oY!

if i can get away with it, i dont even carry a purse! LOL!

oY!

OMG, :lol: I hear ya! I don't even own one anymore! I used to try to carry one for weddings, funerals, etc., but I kept forgetting them and leaving them behind because I just never carry them. Now, I just stick whatever I must have in my husband's pocket. :)

I do have a small clutch that I only carry when I go shopping, and that's only because it holds my debit card.

#27... LJ is on the mark.. but if she is not into fashion and stuff.. My little pony or polly pockets are still big .... BUT the biggest thing now is something called Webkins ( interactive beanie babies, i think) and very hard to find.

Exactly what I was going to suggest GG!

The webkinz are very hot with girls and you can buy them online.

For a boy maybe a skateboard. They are coming back into style for the kids too.

Kinda funny as I read through the suggestions for girls. I have a 6 year old girl and she is mainly into sports (basketball/baseball) and video games for her Gamecube, GB Advance. She likes the dolls and girlie stuff, but it wears off fast. So, whenever there is a trip to Toys R Us, she darts for the gaming section.

Archived