Tai Chi, anyone practice it?

jetophile

I've been thinking about enrolling in a basic class for focus and core strength. I've gotten way radical about hiking over the last two years (no "mountain climbing" with ropes or cleats, not my thing), and feel I need to get more agile. I've dropped weight I didn't need to lose and feel weaker for it. I had a serious illness 4 yrs. ago, and my balance is permanently affected. I've almost fallen to my death raptor watching more than once, and while this won't affect the residual effect, I've been investigating. I do sit ups on a Pilates ball, but Pilates itself doesn't interest me perhaps as much as it should. As to Yoga, ultimate respect and awe, but I hate that whole "ohm" thing in a room full of people. I tend to be a loner, and while Tai Chi will involve a "group" it seems more self-centered. Less talking. Or something.

Anyone do it, like it, what?

I did the tai chi thing last Wednesday. I ordered a quart. It was amazing how fast they delivered it to my house. Next time I am going to order it without the msg. I am healthy like that.

I did the tai chi thing last Wednesday. I ordered a quart. It was amazing how fast they delivered it to my house. Next time I am going to order it without the msg. I am healthy like that.

Duh.. everybody knows that Tai Chi is a hot beverage best served with honey and milk. :P

I did the tai chi thing last Wednesday. I ordered a case of quarts. They lasted 3 days. It was amazing how fast they delivered it to my house. Next time I am going to order it without the msg. I am healthy like that.

Just something to wash down the beef jerky?

Duh.. everybody knows that Tai Chi is a hot beverage best served with honey and milk. :P

Isn't that a Chai Latte?

Jetophile, I think you know you won't get a straight answer here on JN, maybe after the 20th post someone will answer you! :deshade:

Tai Chi sounds incredibly relaxing... I tried a class once, found it hard to slow down and just be calm and meditate. Not easy. Of course I never gave it chance.

150pxyinyangsvglo5.png

My bad. I actually thought it was massage parlor talk. I could have sworn I heard her say for $50 me tai chi under the towel.

I guess I was wrong as usual though.

Archived