10 million in Cap Space - Yahoo sports

Kentucky Jet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten-million dollar club

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

June 29, 2007

Code:

TEAMS WITH $10 MILLION-PLUS OF CAP ROOM

1. Cleveland $22 million

2. Buffalo $21 million

3. Minnesota $20 million

4. Jacksonville $16.5 million

5. Kansas City $16.2 million

6. Green Bay $16 million

7. Tennessee $15.3 million

8. Dallas $13.8 million

9. Oakland $12.5 million

10. Philadelphia $11.5 million

11. St. Louis $11.5 million

12. New Orleans $11.2 million

13. Seattle $10.5 million

14. N.Y. Jets $10 million

• Upvote 1

Unless we have some unknown player to put in there break down and compromise for now and give Kendall the money or some of what he wants.

You can't. not after the way he made a big scene about it, it would be detrimental to the team. If you do that, every player is going to whine just like him when they want more money.

• Upvote 1

Unless we have some unknown player to put in there break down and compromise for now and give Kendall the money or some of what he wants.

Why? Don't give him crap, just keep on the team for what his contract says and make it up to him whether or not he wants to work hard to win the starting job or keep dogging through the practices and complaining to the media to sit on the bench and rot away the rest of his NFL career.

This would be a good time to lock up Rhodes.

We'll probably offer him a contract sometime towards the end of training camp, or, at the latest, around the trade deadline in week 6. With Vilma, we'll probably wait till the end of the season and see if he can make the transition to the 3-4. At this point, I'd say its more likely than not that Vilma will not be playing for us in '08. Especially now that we have a young replacement in 2nd rd. pick David Harris.

We'll probably offer him a contract sometime towards the end of training camp, or, at the latest, around the trade deadline in week 6. With Vilma, we'll probably wait till the end of the season and see if he can make the transition to the 3-4. At this point, I'd say its more likely than not that Vilma will not be playing for us in '08. Especially now that we have a young replacement in 2nd rd. pick David Harris.

I agree, though it would be a shame to let Vilma walk for nothing. Especially when people thought he was worth a top 15 pick this year.

I agree, though it would be a shame to let Vilma walk for nothing. Especially when people thought he was worth a top 15 pick this year.

He would be franchised and traded... if anything...

I think he will be around for a while though...

rhodes and vilma are both signed thru 2008. rhodes had a great season last year but i wouldnt be surprised if the FO waits til they see more play from him b4 giving him the big contract. same for vilma...although he'll need to prove himself in the 34....