Whats more important? Spend crazy amount of cash or team chemistry?

SouthernJet

Tough all here.

Some teams have flourished by just outspending everyone else, while some teams have taken lesser talent and seem to play above their level and fun while doing it..

Cmon man. Outside of the Marlins in 97 I think what team truly won it all by outspending everyone? The Yankees haven't. They have a high payroll in 199 and 2000 but they had true teams.

I honestly don't think team chemistry means a whole lot in baseball. I don't see how getting a lot with your teammates affects how you're going to hit at the plate.

That damn Derek Jeter put shaving cream in my jock strap, oh no, I just watched Strike three go by......wish we had better chemistry.

I honestly don't think team chemistry means a whole lot in baseball. I don't see how getting a lot with your teammates affects how you're going to hit at the plate.

Could be wrong, but one of the main contributing factors to the 2004 Red Sox winning the World Series was the character of the clubhouse and the chemistry that team had.

Completely agree.

Team chemistry is just a cliche that untalented sportswriters like to use when they can't think of anything else. You are not going to hit a ball harder or not chase a 3-2 slider outside just because Derek Jeter is in your dugout watching you.

scientist chemistry is more important in baseball than clubhouse chemistry

ask the 87 mets ;)

Could be wrong, but one of the main contributing factors to the 2004 Red Sox winning the World Series was the character of the clubhouse and the chemistry that team had.

Nonsense. Chemistry is crap sportswriters make up after the fact. When you find the last place team with great chemistry, let us all know.It's probably easier to work with people you like, but not a necessity. All kinds of successful organizations work together toward their goals even when people hate each other. If not, why isn't Kevin Millar still with the Sawx? Do you mean to tell me that "Cowboy Up" stuff wasn't that important?

I'm guessing it was the talent and ability of the players actually.

Nonsense. Chemistry is crap sportswriters make up after the fact. When you find the last place team with great chemistry, let us all know.It's probably easier to work with people you like, but not a necessity. All kinds of successful organizations work together toward their goals even when people hate each other. If not, why isn't Kevin Millar still with the Sawx? Do you mean to tell me that "Cowboy Up" stuff wasn't that important?

Well, if you think about it the Sox haven;'t done all that well since the idiots and dirt dog mentality left the team. Just sayin'.

Completely agree.

Team chemistry is just a cliche that untalented sportswriters like to use when they can't think of anything else. You are not going to hit a ball harder or not chase a 3-2 slider outside just because Derek Jeter is in your dugout watching you.

Sure there is team chemistry. If you have a really close knit team, you will do anything to not let them down. If it's not a close team, then who really cares, they'll take their million and go home.

Sure there is team chemistry. If you have a really close knit team, you will do anything to not let them down. If it's not a close team, then who really cares, they'll take their million and go home.

ya, sometimes you can see the difference in team the way they act when behind,,some teams are on dugout steps cheering team on, while other teams seem to all be sitting on bench not really into it..

ya, sometimes you can see the difference in team the way they act when behind,,some teams are on dugout steps cheering team on, while other teams seem to all be sitting on bench not really into it..

The Dodgers used to have a top 5 payroll, and they haven't won a thing in years. Where as the Twins keep producing players that play well in MN, but them ship out and don't always do so well. Part of that has to be them not being as close with their new team, or not being as comfortable with them. Look at the brewers this season. As SJ said they are standing on the front step in the dugout, they are doing anything to win the game.

i saw a game last year where Prince hit a game winning double against the cubs or something, and he got mobbed at mid-field like it was game 7. You won't see the Royals do that, and i don't remember seeing they Pre-Madanas (yankees) doing it either.

Archived