All this negative talk about J.Vilma... I'm LMAO

Whatever mate.

I would love to know how many yards Leon picked up on draw plays as opposed to between the tackles.

Oh yeah like Reggie Bush is known for his tough inside running. C'mon now Gainzo, Bush was fairly awful in terms of running last year, LW easily surpasses him in that. I'm not sold on Bush even being a better player honestly, I just do not like his running style.

Oh yeah like Reggie Bush is known for his tough inside running. C'mon now Gainzo, Bush was fairly awful in terms of running last year, LW easily surpasses him in that. I'm not sold on Bush even being a better player honestly, I just do not like his running style.

I'm not sticking up for Bush (although I think he is much better than Leon) I'm trying to stick up for Maroney.

DefenseWinsChampionships stated in another thread that Leon was much better than Maroney.

Can we all agree that Maroney is the only real RB in this conversation?

I'm not sticking up for Bush (although I think he is much better than Leon) I'm trying to stick up for Maroney.

DefenseWinsChampionships stated in another thread that Leon was much better than Maroney.

Yeesh...I'm not a Bush fan, but to say Maroney is a real RB, and Bush isn't? Not sure abou tthat one. I do think maroney is a good back, not sure if he can shoulder the load yet, but he's still a good back.

Sure, he may be a "real" RB considering that he has the power to run between the tackles and the speed to take it outside. I'm just not sure if he'll be good at being a "real" back. I think he is a nice change of pace type of back who would do well getting 12 or so carries per game...But I'm not sure how he'll respond to being hit with 15+ carries every game. I feel much more safe with TJones and Leon than I would if we had Maroney and Faulk/Morris.

Yeesh...I'm not a Bush fan, but to say Maroney is a real RB, and Bush isn't? Not sure abou tthat one. I do think maroney is a good back, not sure if he can shoulder the load yet, but he's still a good back.

I didn't say Bush wasn't a real RB but he isn't Maroney.

Bush and Maroney are both 5' 11" but Maroney is 12 pounds heavier and loves the stiff-arm.

I didn't say Bush wasn't a real RB but he isn't Maroney.

Bush and Maroney are both 5' 11" but Maroney is 12 pounds heavier and loves the stiff-arm.

No wonder he gets along with Brady- Tommy Boy likes stiffies, too.

Isn't there already a thread on Leon v. Bush/Maroney? I thought this was the thread where we all bow down to Vilma because he is a great LB. He's 230, gets knocked around by FBs and rarely takes on a block. This system wants ILBs like Marvin, not little fast guys. I don't think Vilma is horrible in the 3-4, but a great LB would be covering for deficiencies on the DL, we wouldn't be making excuses for him.

Jets should have traded Vilma for a 1st round pick and signed Joey Porter or Adalius Thomas. Vilma's value is plummeting and we may not be able to get more than a 2nd round pick for him next off-season.

Oh my God! I cant believe I actually am going to agree with Pete!

But, I do. The simple truth is that Vilma has the body type of 4-3 MLB not a 3-4 ILB. This is a lot to overcome and I'm not sure even Vilma's intellegence, work ethic, and character are going to be enough to make him an impact 3-4 ILB.

From his perspective, he must know that he would be seen around the league as more of a playmaker in a 4-3 than in a 3-4 and therefore be more valuable come contract time. Even if he becomes a very good 3-4 ILB he cant expect to be paid like the top 4-3 MLBs (3-4 ILBs are just seen as less valuable, probably because the position and the scheme are not conducive to playmaking). What too many Jets fans are assuming is that Vilma will want to stay with the Jets in a system that doesnt really suit him. He may decide he wants out.

Even with a good season ( 120 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 picks, some fumbles) he will probably not be worth more than a very late 1st rounder.

In a somewhat related topic. How long until Anthony Schlegel gets cut from the Jets or placed on the practice squad? Word is out of training camp when Vilma isn't taking reps on the practice field David Harris is filling in for him.

David Harris is already beating out Schlegel on the depth chart, in spite of the fact that Schlegel has more experience and has been on the team longer. Time to break out them scissors!

Thats not a knock on Leon... We just went after a running back that help lead the Bears O to the superbowl. Its called upgrading your team. And Leon is going to do great behind Thomas Jones. Much better than what Reggie did behind McCalister.

Oh Yea... Leon was running behind 2 rookies on the O-Line.

My god!!!!:yawn: :yawn: I can see even your fellow Jet fans think your a joke.:P 650 yards is almost 1000????? Only a fool would look a Leon Washington and think "gee the Jets are all set a RB" Good thing for Jet fans Mangini isn't a fool and traded for a decent RB. :rolleyes:

In a somewhat related topic. How long until Anthony Schlegel gets cut from the Jets or placed on the practice squad? Word is out of training camp when Vilma isn't taking reps on the practice field David Harris is filling in for him.

David Harris is already beating out Schlegel on the depth chart, in spite of the fact that Schlegel has more experience and has been on the team longer. Time to break out them scissors!

In a training camp, all of the "new toys" were tried out with the first team. It doesn't mean anything. After trading up to get someone, wouldn't you want to see what he's got; playing against the first-team Offense?

In a training camp, all of the "new toys" were tried out with the first team. It doesn't mean anything. After trading up to get someone, wouldn't you want to see what he's got; playing against the first-team Offense?

Jets used a high 3rd round pick in a loaded draft to get Schlegel. Wouldn't Mangini want to see what he's got?