It's July 1, and the Mets are in first place

JetCane

If the Yankees continue playing like they are, they'll be sitting pretty under .500. Just sayin'.

If the Yankees keep playing like they are, they'd be lucky to see .400. But why don't we all stop going crazy during each of their streaks. They wont stay this horrible, and they wont be as great as they were doing that winning streak. They're good enough to contend for the wild card IF they can get things going again, and the Sox better pick it up regardless.

As for the Mets--they haven't been GREAT lately, but who knows what happens when/if Pedro comes back. He could provide a nice spark, or could be absolutely nothing to them. Keep in mind, the Braves and Phillies are anything but the most consistent teams in the league also.

I'll be very interested to see what the Mets do at the All-Star Break. Not saying this team is 1 player away from a title, but adding a few helpful pieces and maybe dealing that scrub Lastings Milledge will make a difference. They're definitely in need of some help in bridging the gap from the starters to Billy Wagner.

I'll be very interested to see what the Mets do at the All-Star Break. Not saying this team is 1 player away from a title, but adding a few helpful pieces and maybe dealing that scrub Lastings Milledge will make a difference. They're definitely in need of some help in bridging the gap from the starters to Billy Wagner.

I am not convinced of Wagner in crunch time,,aka Beneitez

I think we get a WSox pitcher soon enough.

I'd love to see them stock up on some quality pitching.

As evidenced by previous deals my opinion is minaya will try to bulk up the bullpen and if Alou does not seem to be a go to get a righty bat.

Archived