I get that there are deserving players every year...

Jet/BosoxFan

...that are left off the AL & NL All Star Teams for a variety of reasons. Be it the rule that every team must be represented or Selig's rule of a minimum of pitchers that must be taken to avoid another tie. But Hideki Okajima not making the AL roster is so wrong, its offensive. That said... (since it has to be this way)

I hope all 5 of the Red Sox representatives all come down with some phantom virus next week and Okajima doesn't win the write-in vote. The three days off is much more valuable than flying from Detroit to SF to Boston in a three day span to play in a game that, besides from the moronic rule about home field in the WS, means absolutely nothing.

Let Jeter and A-rod win the homefield advantage for us. They might as well, they have nothing to play for.

I agree he deserved to get the nod(and he might, especially the if the japanese voters chime in on his behalf), but you could easily make the arguement that Manny didn't deserve to get nominated. Regardless, Im sure he could probably care less. He's pitched wonderfully, and rarely gets beat up at all(the only time i can think of was the one game against the Yanks, which both he and Papelbon gave up a run).

...that are left off the AL & NL All Star Teams for a variety of reasons. Be it the rule that every team must be represented or Selig's rule of a minimum of pitchers that must be taken to avoid another tie. But Hideki Okajima not making the AL roster is so wrong, its offensive. That said... (since it has to be this way)

I hope all 5 of the Red Sox representatives all come down with some phantom virus next week and Okajima doesn't win the write-in vote. The three days off is much more valuable than flying from Detroit to SF to Boston in a three day span to play in a game that, besides from the moronic rule about home field in the WS, means absolutely nothing.

Let Jeter and A-rod win the homefield advantage for us. They might as well, they have nothing to play for.

You got close to making a post without the yankees in it... and wtf happened to your rep?

You got close to making a post without the yankees in it... and wtf happened to your rep?

IDK what happened to my rep. Looks like you...err...I mean the many anonymous posters...are going to have to pull 5 more all nighters in a row logging in/out of Jetnation.com and giving me negative rep points by disapproving my every post!

I kinda wore it as a badge of honor...so please tell your mom to leave the basement lights on because youre going to be up for awhile. I want my Herm Edwards re-incarnates status back.

IDK what happened to my rep. Looks like you...err...I mean the many anonymous posters...are going to have to pull 5 more all nighters in a row logging in/out of Jetnation.com and giving me negative rep points by disapproving my every post!

I kinda wore it as a badge of honor...so please tell your mom to leave the basement lights on because youre going to be up for awhile. I want my Herm Edwards re-incarnates status back.

ooh, a I bang your mom joke....

nice....

ooh, a I bang your mom joke....

nice....

If I were scoring your reading fluency, I'd give you some points. You knew my last post involved your mother because you saw the M-O-M word and properly sounded it out.

But if I were grading your reading comprehension, SJ35, you'd get no points. It wasn't an "I banged your mom" comment. Rather, it was a "you live in your mom's basement" reference. Mom's basement is only a 3 on the hack joke scale of 1-10...when "I banged your mom" is like an 8. Oh, and using the <,>, for an inequality is a hack joke scale of 12 on scale of 1-10, so please make a note of that Gainzo.

The good news for you, SJ35, is that when adult learners want to learn to read...they must first have the word-decoding skills that you clearly already have!!!

Kevin Youkilis not making the team is more of an injustice than Okajima. Youkilis has been great defensively at first and his bat has been the most consistent in the lineup, whether batting 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. Can't get them all on though I suppose.

If I were scoring your reading fluency, I'd give you some points. You knew my last post involved your mother because you saw the M-O-M word and properly sounded it out.

But if I were grading your reading comprehension, SJ35, you'd get no points. It wasn't an "I banged your mom" comment. Rather, it was a "you live in your mom's basement" reference. Mom's basement is only a 3 on the hack joke scale of 1-10...when "I banged your mom" is like an 8. Oh, and using the <,>, for an inequality is a hack joke scale of 12 on scale of 1-10, so please make a note of that Gainzo.

The good news for you, SJ35, is that when adult learners want to learn to read...they must first have the word-decoding skills that you clearly already have!!!

My mom's dead dude, cut that **** out.

With interleague play and widespread availablity of MLB on cable and sattelite, the All Star Game has outlived iit's usefulness. In the 1970s, all I could see in the Mets, Yankees and one game each week on ABC and NBC. So you wouldn't see other players.

Now ESPN broadcasts 10-15 games a week, Fox one game a week, WGN has the Cubs and White Sox, TBS has the Braves, they run a few free MLB weeks each years and I still see every Yankee and Met game.In addition, there are highlight shows everywhere and information that used to be limited to the Sunday paper is available online immediately. The season needs a break but this no longer works or matters. But I don't think they can come up with an alternative.

ugh.whatever what?

It's okay if I make fun of one of your dead parents?

I hate you! For the second time you have me coming to JBF's defense. Please explain where he insulted one of your parents? He's insulting YOU, silly. Telling a parent to keep the basement light on for YOU: meaning you live at home and have no life. You should be familiar with this type of smack. You use it at nauseum.

The real travesty is that there are so many Yankee players on the AL Roster who could care less about World Series homefield advantage at this point. The National League would be glad to take it this season (for once), if you guys don't mind.

Game 1 in Shea Stadium is looking more and more possible by the day.

The real travesty is that there are so many Yankee players on the AL Roster who could care less about World Series homefield advantage at this point. The National League would be glad to take it this season (for once), if you guys don't mind.

Game 1 in Shea Stadium is looking more and more possible by the day.

dont count your playoff tix until hatched,,

Mets are long way from making playoffs,, long way

At risk of rehashing a thread that someone tried and failed to hijack, I am happy to report that justice was served and Hideki Okajima is an All Star. Hmmmm...a Red Sock won the write-in vote...who saw that coming?

Thankfully, the Red Sox and Mets wont have the likes of Jeremy Bonderman, or other representatives from scrub@ss teams like the Detroit Tigers deciding their homefield fates.

I do, however, stand by my assertion that all elected Red Sox come down with phanton injuries in an effort to save their strenght and take this 3-day vacation...so this is a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-dont situation!

Archived