Dolphins | Team could have interest in Kendall

Smizzy

Dolphins | Team could have interest in Kendall

Mon, 2 Jul 2007 06:32:44 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins could be interested in New York Jets OG Pete Kendall if he is released by the team. Kendall is seeking a $1 million raise from the $1.7 million salary he earned last season and would like to be released.

I would not want to see him in the divison. While people may not like his public complaints about his contract, he is still a good player. If we have to lose him I would rather trade him out of the division and get what little we could

All of you relax...Kendall is not going anywhere so fast, especially if the most interested team is in the Jets division. There's no reason to get rid of him if we have the cap and the roster space to keep him on. If he knows that the only way he'll be playing football this season is if he comes to camp and wins the spot, maybe that'll straighten his ass up. But he'll be the one that decides if he will play for the Jets next year, not the Jets.

All of you relax...Kendall is not going anywhere so fast, especially if the most interested team is in the Jets division. There's no reason to get rid of him if we have the cap and the roster space to keep him on. If he knows that the only way he'll be playing football this season is if he comes to camp and wins the spot, maybe that'll straighten his ass up. But he'll be the one that decides if he will play for the Jets next year, not the Jets.

I'm sure he'll have a tough time winning the spot against the stellar competition in camp.

That's a great idea actually. An undersized OG so our undersized DL and LB can actually push someone around.

The point is, if he can win the spot in camp, he'll be on the team next year. If he doesn't either because he is not good enough or doesn't want to, he'll probably be released or traded by the end of training camp. Nothing much will happen before that.

I dont trust his ass anymore as a fan of the Jets. I just dont trust him. He is one pissed off dude right now at Mangini and company.

Lets just say he comes to training camp, gets the starting spot, then when we are down by 10 in the 4th Q... Chad goes back, Pete lets a defender get by him and WACK... There goes Chad. I just dont trust him. He is a prick, and pricks do pricky things.

I dont trust his ass anymore as a fan of the Jets. I just dont trust him. He is one pissed off dude right now at Mangini and company.

Lets just say he comes to training camp, gets the starting spot, then when we are down by 10 in the 4th Q... Chad goes back, Pete lets a defender get by him and WACK... There goes Chad. I just dont trust him. He is a prick, and pricks do pricky things.

He wants to get paid. If you have a problem with that fine, but thinking he'll tank a play to get Pennington hurt is a joke. That won't make him any money. He hasn't done or said anything that wasn't aimed at getting him cut so he could get a FA dea. I trust him more in pass protection than any Jet lineman.

Remember, it's also possible that the Dolphins are just ****ing with us the way we ****ed with New England on Branch. By saying they have interest it makes it less likely the Jets will outright cut him (longer time with the cancer) and makes it look like Pete is more likely in the right. I hope it backfires like it did in the Branch situation.

He wants to get paid. If you have a problem with that fine, but thinking he'll tank a play to get Pennington hurt is a joke. That won't make him any money. He hasn't done or said anything that wasn't aimed at getting him cut so he could get a FA dea. I trust him more in pass protection than any Jet lineman.

Remember, it's also possible that the Dolphins are just ****ing with us the way we ****ed with New England on Branch. By saying they have interest it makes it less likely the Jets will outright cut him (longer time with the cancer) and makes it look like Pete is more likely in the right. I hope it backfires like it did in the Branch situation.

I don't know 27,

I'm pretty sure the interest is legit. Mueller was in Seattle when Kendall got drafted, and now he's down south wearing teal.

Their O-line is pretty weak. They're moving their best lineman from RT to LT, and will likely be starting two rookies (neither of which was drafted in the first round). Kendall could benefit that team.

I don't know 27,

I'm pretty sure the interest is legit. Mueller was in Seattle when Kendall got drafted, and now he's down south wearing teal.

Their O-line is pretty weak. They're moving their best lineman from RT to LT, and will likely be starting two rookies (neither of which was drafted in the first round). Kendall could benefit that team.

The Phins need all the OL help they can get. 87 year-old Trent Green isn't exactly the most mobile QB in the League.

The Phins need all the OL help they can get. 87 year-old Trent Green isn't exactly the most mobile QB in the League.

An experienced offensive lineman will get plenty of interest around the league-whether you think Kendall is right or not for wanting more money and or can still play.

That's it, trade Kendall and a pick to the Steelers for Alan Faneca. The Dolphins won't make the playoffs next year mostly because their O-line sucks balls. It would hurt the Jets if they waived Kendall and he got picked up by Miami. You don't want to help the Dolphins improve their biggest weakness.

An experienced offensive lineman will get plenty of interest around the league-whether you think Kendall is right or not for wanting more money and or can still play.

You are making my point! Kendall is a solid veteran that can help any team. For your rooting interest I hope that team will be the Jets.

Here's a new thought. Kendall, while being a sore-thumb doesn't have many more tricks up his sleeve. Right?

1) He's already blasted the FO

2) He might have alerted the league to the TC contact.... might not. Who cares

Point is, how much damage can he now do? He's been labelled a "cancer" yet he stands on the side-line by himself, then leaves the facility as quickly as possible. It's not like he can talk another player out of wanting to play football (esp not rookies making more money than he is).

I say we hold onto him untill his value really soars. At some point, some team will have their starting guard have a heat-stroke, or a broken ankle or knee. Kendall's value could raise as high as a third-round pick to a truly desperate team.

We shopped him (draft-time) for a fourth round pick. I don't see Tanny being the kind of guy to settle. If Kendall gets his release, it will be on our terms.

That's it, trade Kendall and a pick to the Steelers for Alan Faneca. The Dolphins won't make the playoffs next year mostly because their O-line sucks balls. It would hurt the Jets if they waived Kendall and he got picked up by Miami. You don't want to help the Dolphins improve their biggest weakness.

No on the trade, price would be way to high for 31 yr old Faneca. Why dont we just calm down and wait and see what happens in camp before we do something that may backfire on us.

Is this guy f'n serious????

prick.jpg

I am really losing count but i am pretty sure you are running out of "get out of ridiculous posts free" cards, you better start posting some stuff that makes sense pretty soon, lol!

I don't know 27,

I'm sure that they have legit interest. Plenty of teams probably do. I was referring more to the making it public aspect. Normally, if a team expects a guy to be cut they won't be advertising interest.

Here's a new thought. Kendall, while being a sore-thumb doesn't have many more tricks up his sleeve. Right?

1) He's already blasted the FO

2) He might have alerted the league to the TC contact.... might not. Who cares

Point is, how much damage can he now do? He's been labelled a "cancer" yet he stands on the side-line by himself, then leaves the facility as quickly as possible. It's not like he can talk another player out of wanting to play football (esp not rookies making more money than he is).

I say we hold onto him untill his value really soars. At some point, some team will have their starting guard have a heat-stroke, or a broken ankle or knee. Kendall's value could raise as high as a third-round pick to a truly desperate team.

We shopped him (draft-time) for a fourth round pick. I don't see Tanny being the kind of guy to settle. If Kendall gets his release, it will be on our terms.

He is a 34 yo OG, running out of tricks, standing on the sidelines by himself, running out of the facility as fast as possible, a lockerroom cancer and you think his value will soar? Try your luck on Wall Street with that logic.

No on the trade, price would be way to high for 31 yr old Faneca. Why dont we just calm down and wait and see what happens in camp before we do something that may backfire on us.

Why does everyone get so conservative when it comes to trading for Alan Faneca? Because he's 31? Here's a scoop: Faneca has just as many, if not more quality years left in him than Thomas Jones, who the Jets gave up a high 2nd round pick for. Not only that, Faneca is a much better Guard than Jones is a RB.

Jets would be solving two problems. Pawn overrated cry-baby Kendall to the Steelers and getting the best Left Guard in the NFL.

If there is one thing that is overrated on these boards outside of "mangini players" is which side of 30 a player is, players now play well into their late 30's, quite frankly, I don't give a flying **** about the age of a player, if he is under 38, he is still good.

Why does everyone get so conservative when it comes to trading for Alan Faneca? Because he's 31? Here's a scoop: Faneca has just as many, if not more quality years left in him than Thomas Jones, who the Jets gave up a high 2nd round pick for. Not only that, Faneca is a much better Guard than Jones is a RB.

Jets would be solving two problems. Pawn overrated cry-baby Kendall to the Steelers and getting the best Left Guard in the NFL.

:confused0058::fighting0050:](*,):shutit:

Another old guy in Miami, would fit in great with the rest of the soon to be retirement home bound Dolphins.

Enjoy your yearly sub .500 seasons if we release you and you sign in Miami, Pete.

do you guys know who the Dolphins are going to be starting if they don't get Kendall?

Chris Lewinski.

a.k.a. a total s--tbum

If i were the Jets I wouldn't release Kendall no matter what, i don't care if he holds a press conference every single damn day. He has real value to a team in the division, there's no sense in releasing a player like that - NONE.

oh and by the way, he's still the Jets best guard.

do you guys know who the Dolphins are going to be starting if they don't get Kendall?

Chris Lewinski.

a.k.a. a total s--tbum

If i were the Jets I wouldn't release Kendall no matter what, i don't care if he holds a press conference every single damn day. He has real value to a team in the division, there's no sense in releasing a player like that - NONE.

I agree 100%.

Chris Lewinski.

a.k.a. a total s--tbum

As overrated as I think Kendall cutting him would be a huge help to the Dolphins. Offensive Line is that team's biggest weakness.

First, we did not trade a high number 2 to get Jones. We traded a high number 2 to get Jones AND a low number 2. That equates to a 3.

And what kind of a pick do you suppose we would have to use along with Kendall to get Faneca? Kendall is an OK guard, Faneca is one of the 2 or 3 best.

First, we did not trade a high number 2 to get Jones. We traded a high number 2 to get Jones AND a low number 2. That equates to a 3.

And what kind of a pick do you suppose we would have to use along with Kendall to get Faneca? Kendall is an OK guard, Faneca is one of the 2 or 3 best.

3rd round pick and a disgruntled Pete Kendall for the best Guard in the NFL would be a very reasonable trade. Sh*t, even a 2nd round pick would still be reasonable considering Kendall is almost out the door anyway.

Archived