Yankees "Tragic Number" Countdown

Jetsfan80

It's only July 2nd, and the countdown has already begun. The New York Yankees Tragic Number currently sits at 75.

Before this post gets flamed for kicking the Yankees and their fans while they're down, I ask that those Yankee posters who would kick Mets fans or Red Sox fans while they're down refrain from posting in this thread. That covers about 90 % of you.

It's only July 2nd, and the countdown has already begun. The New York Yankees Tragic Number currently sits at 75.

Before this post gets flamed for kicking the Yankees and their fans while they're down, I ask that those Yankee posters who would kick Mets fans or Red Sox fans while they're down refrain from posting in this thread. That covers about 90 % of you.

The difference is that us Yankee fans aren't running away like most of the Mets and boston fans did last year.

The difference is that us Yankee fans aren't running away like most of the Mets and boston fans did last year.

I can't speak for other Mets and Red Sox fans, but I was here. I even recall a post made by Bob (of all people) commending me for sticking around 2 seasons ago even when the Mets were having their typical (at that time) .500 season.

I should remind you that what comes around goes around. you can start threads with the anti Yankee pom poms ablazing. but be forwarned, when your heroes are in peril in the fall you might not like what comes around. just sayin'

I can't speak for other Mets and Red Sox fans, but I was here. I even recall a post made by Bob (of all people) commending me for sticking around 2 seasons ago even when the Mets were having their typical (at that time) .500 season.

All Met fans were accounted here for.

NONE used the injury excuse. The better team won.

Some Yankee fans here could have used that as a guide. Again, some.

I should remind you that what comes around goes around. you can start threads with the anti Yankee pom poms ablazing. but be forwarned, when your heroes are in peril in the fall you might not like what comes around. just sayin'

I'm OK with this.

Then i'll speak for someone who has never started a thread bashing the mets that this crap is getting old.

Oh madmike, don't you get it yet? Fans like you are the reason we take so much joy in the Yankees' failures.
Why? I never bash the mets for no reason like you do to the yankees. There are many yankee fans on this site who are being very realistic and honest about the problems the yankees are having this year. These pointless bashing threads are a complete waste of time.

''We''? are you and Jetsfan80 an item? or a team? or do you mean Met fans in general? LOL

Scott has turned me down many times already. Dang wife and kids.

I believe the "we" is indeed "Mets fans", although he may have indicated "we" as meaning "non-Yankee fans" as well. Both apply.

haha, I can attest to that.

When I started the Tick, tick, tick 2006 'Mets will win more than Yanks this year' thread in April 2006 i got lambasted. Then the Yank fans said 'Its April/May be quiet till end of year'. I went away assuming I would be back later. Well the DAY the Mets lost the advantage over Yanks in wins, I think July, there was a barrage on the old thread,,Blasting my prediction, asking where I was etc. I was quiet because I was asked to by yank fans who said it was dumb to post stuff so early in season. I should wait till end.

So yes, you will hear from other fans when you are UP and DOWN,,I found that out, even though the TICK was dead on ;)

Dude this is NOT a difference of opinion. This is you bashing the yankees for no reason other than to be an ass.

I believe the Mets are better than the Yankees. MasonJet disagrees. And that's really the heart of the matter, isn't it? So yes, it ultimately does come down to a difference of opinion.

And yes, I will bash the Yankees "just to be an ass". I mean, come on, they deserve it.

haha, I can attest to that.

When I started the Tick, tick, tick 2006 'Mets will win more than Yanks this year' thread in April 2006 i got lambasted. Then the Yank fans said 'Its April/May be quiet till end of year'. I went away assuming I would be back later. Well the DAY the Mets lost the advantage over Yanks in wins, I think July, there was a barrage on the old thread,,Blasting my prediction, asking where I was etc. I was quiet because I was asked to by yank fans who said it was dumb to post stuff so early in season. I should wait till end.

So yes, you will hear from other fans when you are UP and DOWN,,I found that out, even though the TICK was dead on ;)

That's fair, as long as it goes both ways. I don't have a problem with that.

This should be interesting. :evilgrin0041:

I believe the Mets are better than the Yankees. MasonJet disagrees. And that's really the heart of the matter, isn't it? So yes, it ultimately does come down to a difference of opinion.

And yes, I will bash the Yankees "just to be an ass". I mean, come on, they deserve it.

I don't see the Mets mentioned in this thread till this post. At least you admit you're an ass.

Ahh, the "get a life, because your ideas conflict with mine" comment. Hasn't that been retired yet?

WTF do I care what you think? I'm just saying I'd think you'd have something better to do than pay attention to the magic number of an AL team when the team you like is in the NL.

If you want to tell me that the MuttSoxers here aren't obsessed with the Yankees than you should stop making threads like this.

The Yankees are in trouble no doubt and it's just hilarious that Mets fans care so much about it.

no but its OK to have 50 posts about a midweek yankee win ...

hahahaha

It's also OK to be a wannabe SABRMETRICS expert and talk about statistics constantly, too.

I hear the Yankees are 258 and the Blue Jays are 251, by the way. That has to be a good sign!

It's also OK to be a wannabe SABRMETRICS expert and talk about statistics constantly, too.

I hear the Yankees are 258 and the Blue Jays are 251, by the way. That has to be a good sign!

I'd rather be a wannabe sabermetrics expert than a wannabe 1930's baseball knowledge expert.

WTF do I care what you think? I'm just saying I'd think you'd have something better to do than pay attention to the magic number of an AL team when the team you like is in the NL.

If you want to tell me that the MuttSoxers here aren't obsessed with the Yankees than you should stop making threads like this.

The Yankees are in trouble no doubt and it's just hilarious that Mets fans care so much about it.

It's tragic number, not magic number. The Mets have a magic number since they are a first place team. As does the leader of your division, the Red Sox.

And yes, I do have better things to do. Independence Day is coming up. It's just fun to take 5 minutes out of my day for these purposes.

That's fair, as long as it goes both ways. I don't have a problem with that.

This should be interesting. :evilgrin0041:

like i have stated in print,,tick 2007, ,i am not all that convinced Mets will be there at end,, and i stand on my statement that the last weekend in Baltimore will effect Balt/Red Sox/Yanks..So based on what Balt is doing, I say Yanks are still alive

It's tragic number, not magic number. The Mets have a magic number since they are a first place team. As does the leader of your division, the Red Sox.

So you admit that you really have nothing better to than pay attention to the 'tragic number' of an American League team?

I find this all very entertaining because I honestly just don't give a sh!t about the Mets.

And yes, I do have better things to do. Independence Day is coming up. It's just fun to take 5 minutes out of my day for these purposes.

So your idea of fun is to bait people on a message board for no reason. You're pathetic.

How do you compare your baiting of yankee fans to yankee fans talking with yankee fans about a win? That makes ZERO sense.

?

all I care about is the love of the game and the chance to root root root for the home team.

So your idea of fun is to bait people on a message board for no reason. You're pathetic.

Pathetic is not a nice word. Lets all be civil and remember we are here because we all love the great game of baseball and the sound of the crack of the bat and the yell of the crowd. Go Home Team. Go Boys.

Archived