Pat Neshek needs your HELP!!!!

NYJETS3233

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's having a fine season but Okajima is having a better one.

40 innings pitched and has only given up 4 runs.

He's 2-0 with 4 saves and a 0.90 ERA. Batters are hitting .159 against him.

Nechek has a better WHIP, better BAA, same innings. He's been the best RP in the AL probably. Not to mention that Okajima is a fluke and Nechek has been doing this longer.

Nechek has a better WHIP, better BAA, same innings. He's been the best RP in the AL probably. Not to mention that Okajima is a fluke and Nechek has been doing this longer.

Nechek has given up 4 HR's to Okajima's 1 (which happened on his 1st pitch in MLB). Okajima has a better ERA and more saves (4-0).

According to you Philip Hughes is the next coming of Cy Young, but Okajima is a fluke?

Nechek has given up 4 HR's to Okajima's 1 (which happened on his 1st pitch in MLB). Okajima has a better ERA and more saves (4-0).

According to you Philip Hughes is the next coming of Cy Young, but Okajima is a fluke?

Does Phil Hughes have a 4 ERA in Japan?

Hughes has a 3.38 ERA in 10.2 innings pitched.

Okajima has a 0.90 ERA in 40 innings pitched.

Why can't you admit that Okajima is having a good year?

Hughes has a 3.38 ERA in 10.2 innings pitched.

Okajima has a 0.90 ERA in 40 innings pitched.

Why can't you admit that Okajima is having a good year?

Did I say he's having a bad year? What I said was that players don't have 4 career ERA's in Japan and 0.90 ERA's in the Majors and sustain it. His numbers this year are a clear fluke.

Did I say he's having a bad year? What I said was that players don't have 4 career ERA's in Japan and 0.90 ERA's in the Majors and sustain it. His numbers this year are a clear fluke.

How was he used over there? Was he coming in to the game in the 5th or 6th or the 8th like this year?

All I know is the guy is pitching lights out. I couldn't care less what he did in Japan.

There is a reason no one else wanted him and Boston only signed him for Matsuzaka to have someone to talk too. He had a VERY long track record of being mediocre...

So the Sox signed Okajima to be Dice-K's friend? Now I have heard it all.

How is Igawa doing?

It's true. No one else had any interest in Okajima because he wasn't that good a pitcher in Japan.

Igawa sucks. Your point?

Okajima may have sucked in Japan (according to you) but he isn't sucking in the USA.

The 30-year-old Okajima was 2-2 with a career-low 2.14 ERA and four saves in 55 games last season with the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters of the Pacific League. He was traded to the Fighters in March after 11 seasons with the Central League's Yomiuri Giants, then became a free agent after the season.

In 439 Japanese major league games, he is 34-32 with a 3.36 ERA and 41 saves.,

Oh and he cost 1.25 mill a year.

Mike your peripherals are off again.

Did I say he was sucking? What I said was that he can't sustain his current performance.

You said he was a fluke. Of course he isn't going to maintain a 0.90 ERA.

Please read GimmeShelter's post as he just presented facts about Okajima's career in Japan.

You said he was a fluke. Of course he isn't going to maintain a 0.90 ERA.

Please read GimmeShelter's post as he just presented facts about Okajima's career in Japan.

I wasn't aware what his ERA was exactly. OK it's mid 3s. Still a player doesn't lose over 2 full runs on their ERA from Japan to the US. In most cases they have an era 2 runs HIGHER. He won't continue pitching like this.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/O/Hideki-Okajima.shtml

I wasn't aware what his ERA was exactly. OK it's mid 3s. Still a player doesn't lose over 2 full runs on their ERA from Japan to the US. In most cases they have an era 2 runs HIGHER. He won't continue pitching like this.

Did you miss the point of the thread? As of July 2nd Okajima deserves to be on the All-Star team.

Of course he won't continue at this pace but that doesn't mean he wont end up with very good numbers when the season ends.

He is no Igawa that's for sure.

3.36 as your link left off last season when he was "mid" 2's.

Doesn't matter anyway. Boston has themselves a nice 8th inning guy very cheap and the Yanks have ......who is your 8th inning guy this week?

3.36 as your link left off last season when he was "mid" 2's.

Doesn't matter anyway. Boston has themselves a nice 8th inning guy very cheap and the Yanks have ......who is your 8th inning guy this week?

This is about the last all star spot, not the yankees. Stop being an obsessed closet yankee fan.

This is about the last all star spot, not the yankees. Stop being an obsessed closet yankee fan.

If it's not about the Yankees then why did you mention Hughes in this thread?

Originally Posted by madmike1

You brought up Hughes LOL

I mentioned him because you talk about him and/or the Yankees in every thread.

According to you Hughes is going to be a stud because he was a good minor league pitcher but Okajima is overrated because he had an ERA of 4* in Japan and is a "fluke."

*Okajima's ERA was below 4.

I mentioned him because you talk about him and/or the Yankees in every thread.

According to you Hughes is going to be a stud because he was a good minor league pitcher but Okajima is overrated because he had an ERA of 4* in Japan and is a "fluke."

*Okajima's ERA was below 4.

There is a reason NO OTHER teams wanted to sign him and he only got a 1.25 million dollar contract. HE WAS A MEDIOCRE PITCHER IN JAPAN. I'm gonna assume that the hitters in the US are better than the ones in Japan. If that is true pitchers with 3.5 ERA's in Japan shouldn't come here and have 0.90 ERA and sustain that. It's frigging common sense!!! How thick are you?

There is a reason NO OTHER teams wanted to sign him and he only got a 1.25 million dollar contract. HE WAS A MEDIOCRE PITCHER IN JAPAN. I'm gonna assume that the hitters in the US are better than the ones in Japan. If that is true pitchers with 3.5 ERA's in Japan shouldn't come here and have 0.90 ERA and sustain that. It's frigging common sense!!! How thick are you?

If he is so medicore why does he have a sub 1.00 ERA?

What about the Yankees Japanese import?

Igawa saw a decline in performance in 2004 and 2005. In 2004, despite leading the league at 228 strikeouts, he went 14-11 with a 3.73 ERA. In 2005, Igawa went 13-9 with a 3.86 ERA, fifth among his team's starters in ERA, and was briefly exiled to the minors. He was only tied for fifth in strikeouts (down significantly to 145) and 10th in ERA, but was still third in the circuit in victories. While still a productive hurler, Igawa became a target of enthusiastic fan criticism due to his inability to perform at his prior level.

In 2006, Igawa announced his intention to play in North America. On November 16, 2006, Igawa was posted by the Hanshin Tigers. On November 29, 2006, it was announced that the New York Yankees were the highest bidders at $26,000,194, with the last three digits representing his strikeout total for the 2006 season. He signed a 5 year, 20 million dollar contract on December 27, 2006

Igawa is worse than he was in Japan.

If he is so medicore why does he have a sub 1.00 ERA?

What about the Yankees Japanese import?

Igawa is worse than he was in Japan.

I'm not involved in this argument but it seems like he is not mentioning Igawa and he has nothing to do with the entire conversation.

I'm not involved in this argument but it seems like he is not mentioning Igawa and he has nothing to do with the entire conversation.

That's correct.

madmike is basing his argument that Okajima is going to blow based on his career in Japan.

He refuses to look at the fact that Okajima is pitching very well in MLB this season.

That's correct.

madmike is basing his argument that Okajima is going to blow based on his career in Japan.

He refuses to look at the fact that Okajima is pitching very well in MLB this season.

I can't believe this... Do you understand that just because a player had a few good months doesn't mean they are going to be great for their entire major league career?

That's correct.

Igawa wasn't good in Japan and the same is happening here, and he admit that, what the **** does that do to bash his argument?

Archived