Pat Neshek needs your HELP!!!!

NYJETS3233

But after a few starts, Phil Hughes is the second coming?

Neither of you are making any sense, I never saw him say anything about Hughes or Igawa, even if he said something, if any of you would've seen hughes in one of his few starts you would see something special in the kid too.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe this... Do you understand that just because a player had a few good months doesn't mean they are going to be great for their entire major league career?

Where did I say career? I'm talking about April until now.

You have still not answered my question. Why do you keep saying that Hughes is going to be a great pitcher? He has pitched 10 innings in the majors.

You have still not answered my question. Why do you keep saying that Hughes is going to be a great pitcher? He has pitched 10 innings in the majors.

I am not a pitching prospect expert such as Madmike but I'm guessing because prior to his injury he went 7 without a hit and having saw that game I have a good feeling that with the stuff he had that day he would've gotten the no hitter.

He pitched well in his few oppurtunities.

Neither of you are making any sense, I never saw him say anything about Hughes or Igawa, even if he said something, if any of you would've seen hughes in one of his few starts you would see something special in the kid too.

madmike has been all over Hughes jock for months. madmike shoots down Okajima, who has pitched lights out thus far, because he's a "fluke."

I want to know why Okajima is a fluke.

madmike has been all over Hughes jock for months. madmike shoots down Okajima, who has pitched lights out thus far, because he's a "fluke."

Maybe because Okajima hasn't really come in in times of distress, he comes in during times where his presence is insignificant, during 3-6 run games. In key times he isn't a go to guy, that's papelsuck.

You too. When I'm saying Hughes is going to be great it had and has had NOTHING to do with his 2 major league stats. His minor league numbers are a predictor just like Okajima's numbers in japan.

He's a fluke because pitchers don't come from Japan to the US and get better. They get worse. EVERY ONE.

He's a fluke because pitchers don't come from Japan to the US and get better. They get worse. EVERY ONE.

Earth to mike. Okajima has been better than he was in Japan. I know you are a stat geek so why can't you see this?

BTW: Okajima just pitched a 1-2-3 9th inning.

Okajima has been a solid pick up for the Sox.

Regardless of how he pans out in the long run, his performance during the first half of 2007 has been brilliant.

I hope Hugues can find the same kind of success that Okajima has found in his inaugural season in the league.

Philip's last performance was such a tease. I can't wait to see him back on the mound.

Earth to mike. Okajima has been better than he was in Japan. I know you are a stat geek so why can't you see this?

Just because he has been doesn't mean he will be over the long term. What about that don't you understand? Can you find a Japanese pitcher who has pitched a large number of innings in Japan and in the US who's ERA is higher in Japan? You can't because there isn't one.

No suprise there. Afterall his great season so far was a "predictor" that he'd have no problems tonight.

Okajima has been a solid pick up for the Sox.

Regardless of how he pans out in the long run, his performance during the first half of 2007 has been brilliant.

I hope Hugues can find the same kind of success that Okajima has found in his inaugural season in the league.

Philip's last performance was such a tease. I can't wait to see him back on the mound.

Exactly, when Hughes is back, we should get our 5th starter and should be in shape to make a run for the wild card.

No suprise there. Afterall his great season so far was a "predictor" that he'd have no problems tonight.

Can you find me a pitcher who has pitched a large number of innings in both Japan and the US who has a better ERA here? Please?

Just because he has been doesn't mean he will be over the long term. What about that don't you understand? Can you find a Japanese pitcher who has pitched a large number of innings in Japan and in the US who's ERA is higher in Japan? You can't because there isn't one.

Once again I have never mentioned the long term in regards to Okajima.

I find it sad that you can only disparage him by talking about his performance in the future.

bottom line, okajima is going to come crashing back down to earth really soon.

We've been hearing that since May.

No one expects him to continue at this pace, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts, and hoping that his dominance continues.

Bottom line, based on his season so far, Okajima belongs in the All Star Game.

Yes he does. But according to some Yankee fans in this thread he blows because a Japanese pitcher can't possibly be good in MLB.

I think some people in this thread need to stop drinking and posting <cough>Gainzo<cough> and others need to take reading comprehension classes <cough>gainzo, GS<cough>.

Oh I understand his question but Mike always needs disclaimers to support his theory.

BTW the Dodgers Saito has been filthy in the Majors after years in Japan and yes his ERA went down.

http://www.japaneseballplayers.com/en/player.php?id=tsaito

RHP Takashi Saito became the first major leaguer in history to convert 46 of his first 49 saves.

Oh I understand his question but Mike always needs disclaimers to support his theory.

BTW the Dodgers Saito has been filthy in the Majors after years in Japan and yes his ERA went down.

http://www.japaneseballplayers.com/en/player.php?id=tsaito

RHP Takashi Saito became the first major leaguer in history to convert 46 of his first 49 saves.

Otsuka of the Rangers is another who has not missed a beat in the majors after coming over from Japan.

Once again I have never mentioned the long term in regards to Okajima.

I find it sad that you can only disparage him by talking about his performance in the future.

What are you smoking? What to expect in the future is the most important factor.

We've been hearing that since May.

No one expects him to continue at this pace, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts, and hoping that his dominance continues.

Aren't these the same fans that say "It's only (enter this month). The Yankees will be fine. Etc Etc."

All the Yankees fans did. Most were saying "It's only April." "It's only May."

It's now almost the All-Star break. Your time, like the excuses are running out.

We still have one.....

26 championships to 2

wait another one....

12 straight appearences for us, 7 all time for you.

Archived