SOCOM news from official Playstation Blog...

ECURB

Do you know if the game will utilize a cover system? That's almost a necessity in strategic shooters today.

Sorry man... no idea...

I do know that the screen shot above is actual gameplay from the "alpha" stage... so they expect it to only get better from there...

Vinny is on his way to trade in his 360 as we speak. :lol:

Dam bro, he's got that M4 with the butstock extended in close quarters combat, thats a no no. He needs to collapse that buttstock and get ready for MOUT (military operations in urban terrain) cause its looks to me like he's in a village. CORRECT YOURSELF SOLDIER!!!

....ps. I will trade it in after it comes out and I see some reviews, but that detail on the m4 is spot on perfect. If its anything like the Socoms for the ps2 then you can say goodbye to my xbox 360 and GOW. hopefully I can get 250 or 300 toward a ps3 at that time.

pss. I just found out I might be going to Iraq for a 6 month tour this winter....so I might have to wait to get this game.

• 4 weeks later...
Damn. Hope everything ends up well. At least then you might be able to play real-life SOCOM over there?

Real life Socom isnt as fun. There is no reset button when things go bad. On the bright side, the adrenaline rush is better......

Archived