Sign in to follow this  
PFSIKH

The AL MVP debate.......

will be interesting this year.

The best player is languishing in third place more then 10 games out. Short of the AL East becoming relevant in the second half by a Yankee resurgence. I doubt A-Rod gets the most valuable award.

Magglio? A pitcher? Maybe Big Papi gets the award he deserved over A-Rod two years ago.

Your team has to make the playoffs for you win the MVP, jmo. If the Yankees squeak in the wild card and Arod continues to do his thing, then he should win. But right now the mvp should be magglio.

Jeter was robbed last year.

will be interesting this year.

The best player is languishing in third place more then 10 games out. Short of the AL East becoming relevant in the second half by a Yankee resurgence. I doubt A-Rod gets the most valuable award.

Magglio? A pitcher? Maybe Big Papi gets the award he deserved over A-Rod two years ago.

Ortiz isn't close to the MVP debate right now.

Arod has to be leading the pack. Ordonez is having a great season as well.

Your team has to make the playoffs for you win the MVP, jmo. If the Yankees squeak in the wild card and Arod continues to do his thing, then he should win. But right now the mvp should be magglio.

Sure he was.

If you go by play-off teams only, it will probably be between Vlade, Ordonez and Sheff barring a Big Papi hot streak.

A-ROD....for now..hes the best..

He is the best player, but the award is for the most valuable.

He is the best player, but the award is for the most valuable.

He is very valuable to the Yankees. Without him they would be 16 or 17 games back. Arod carried the Yankees in April with all of his game HR's.

He has 80 RBI's I believe. Thats insane!

Y

O

U

K

I

L

I

S

!

Funny..hehehe

but seriously...

If you listen to the actual pronunciation of the award, Arod clearly wins..

MOST VALUABLE player, who has been more valuable to his team other than Arod, honestly, success of his team isn't really included in the award to be honest. He should win it, but it should be a close race with Vlad and Magg

Sure he was.

If you go by play-off teams only, it will probably be between Vlade, Ordonez and Sheff barring a Big Papi hot streak.

What Jeter did at the SHORTSTOP position in 2006 made him far more valuable than what Morneau did at 1ST BASE in 2006. That, really isnt something that can be argued. Jeter was far more valuable than Morneau, not really close.

Mauer was more valuable than Morneau.

What Jeter did at the SHORTSTOP position in 2006 made him far more valuable than what Morneau did at 1ST BASE in 2006. That, really isnt something that can be argued. Jeter was far more valuable than Morneau, not really close.

Mauer was more valuable than Morneau.

This was discussed to no end last year. Jeter didn't win it case closed.

Some Yankee fans always need to sub categorize all awards down to a point where a Yankee is the winner or was robbed in their mind. So and so's a DH, Jeter's a SS , blah blah blah.

If he was robbed than Orlanda Cabrera and Carlos Guillen should be in the running this year.

I file this away with other nonsense such as "if the Yanks were in the NL West we'd show you".

This was discussed to no end last year. Jeter didn't win it case closed.

Some Yankee fans always need to sub categorize all awards down to a point where a Yankee is the winner or was robbed in their mind. So and so's a DH, Jeter's a SS , blah blah blah.

If he was robbed than Orlanda Cabrera and Carlos Guillen should be in the running this year.

I file this away with other nonsense such as "if the Yanks were in the NL West we'd show you".

Thats an awful comparison, there's no correlation between the 2 arguements.

Carlos Guillen will get some mvp votes if maggs slows down. But right now he's overshadowed by maggs, like mauer was due to morneau last year.

why would A-rod even be given consideration?

It's like you're not even trying anymore.

why would A-rod even be given consideration?

Because he the most valuable player on his team, a player whom is MVP doesn't have to have the best team, just like in the NFL when...oh ****, I forgot you don't know anything about football.

If the Yanks don't make the play-offs ARod will need a Bonds like monster year to win the award. Yank fans stated that over and over when anyone suggested Ortiz's 54 HR - 137 RBI season last year should have been considered for the MVP.

If the Yanks don't make the play-offs ARod will need a Bonds like monster year to win the award. Yank fans stated that over and over when anyone suggested Ortiz's 54 HR - 137 RBI season last year should have been considered for the MVP.

Last year, I feel that Ortiz was more valuable to the sucks than Morneau was to the Twins...

He should've won it, but not over D Jeter.

i looked at last year like

jeter > mauer > ortiz > morneau > manny

Can I just tell you how HACKEY it is to use inequalities while posting. So lame. C'mon, tell some Michael Jackson went from a black man to a white woman jokes next. You know you want to.

Can I just tell you how HACKEY it is to use inequalities while posting. So lame. C'mon, tell some Michael Jackson went from a black man to a white woman jokes next. You know you want to.

whoa, PMS in the house

if you cared about the lack of quality of posts here you would've never came here to begin with.

Last year, I feel that Ortiz was more valuable to the sucks than Morneau was to the Twins...

He should've won it, but not over D Jeter.

But, the Sox finished a distant second and out of the playoffs.

That is the way it should be. Sadly, it's not.

ARod wins the award, it won't even be close.

That is the way it should be. Sadly, it's not.

ARod wins the award, it won't even be close.

Only if the Yankees make the playoffs. Ortiz was screwed for this reason, I don't see A-rod reversing this trend.

Only if the Yankees make the playoffs. Ortiz was screwed for this reason, I don't see A-rod reversing this trend.

Exactly.

He will undoubtedly get votes for the people see it as the best player award. The ambiguity of the rules allow for split votes. Most Valuable vs Best Player.

If the Yankees can get within 5-7 games and he is that much better, he deserves it. If not, his numbers mean nothing more then adding value to his next contract.

if Alex can win on a last place team in 2003, he can win on a 2nd/3rd place team in 07 if his numbers are solid enough

realistically alex would have to hit 50-55 home runs and 140-150 RBI, and keep his batting average where its at (.320 range) and his OBP over .400.

i dont know, Magglio is cooling off alot lately, so its anyones game.

if Alex can win on a last place team in 2003, he can win on a 2nd/3rd place team in 07 if his numbers are solid enough

realistically alex would have to hit 50-55 home runs and 140-150 RBI, and keep his batting average where its at (.320 range) and his OBP over .400.

i dont know, Magglio is cooling off alot lately, so its anyones game.

I'm so impressed with a-rod, when the yanks win big,he hits 4 for 5, when its close, he shrivels up like a little school girl. Playoffs are even worse. What a chump, not sure why the yanks want to build a team around this bum when they have Jeter. With out pay-rod the yanks would have grabbed another title.