Pat's Seymour highest paid NFL player last year!

rick34125

USA Today has published a searchable NFL salaries database for all players over the last 7 years.

Some of the top salaries are pretty surprising like Richard Seymour being the highest paid player from last year (at least i was surprised).

Peyton Manning doesn't even crack the top 25.

A lot of these guys I don't think are worth the money they're getting like Jeff Backus and John Abraham.

Out of QB's for 2006 Pennington was 28 on the list at $3.04 million, behind the likes of Jason Campbell, Josh McCown, and Aaron Rodgers (all backups).

Anyway here's the link to the database and the top 10 from the list:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/default.aspx?Loc=Vanity

1 Seymour, Richard $ 24,691,160 New England Patriots

2 Brees, Drew $ 22,000,000 New Orleans Saints

3 McKinnie, Bryant $ 17,500,000 Minnesota Vikings

4 Hutchinson, Steve $ 16,588,080 Minnesota Vikings

5 Backus, Jeff $ 16,252,310 Detroit Lions

6 Brady, Tom $ 16,004,840 New England Patriots

7 Palmer, Carson $ 15,750,000 Cincinnati Bengals

8 Abraham, John $ 15,503,300 Atlanta Falcons

9 Alexander, Shaun $ 15,125,000 Seattle Seahawks

10 Wayne, Reggie $ 15,100,440 Indianapolis Colts

USA Today has published a searchable NFL salaries database for all players over the last 7 years.

Some of the top salaries are pretty surprising like Richard Seymour being the highest paid player from last year (at least i was surprised).

Peyton Manning doesn't even crack the top 25.

A lot of these guys I don't think are worth the money they're getting like Jeff Backus and John Abraham.

Out of QB's for 2006 Pennington was 28 on the list at $3.04 million, behind the likes of Jason Campbell, Josh McCown, and Aaron Rodgers (all backups).

Anyway here's the link to the database and the top 10 from the list:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/default.aspx?Loc=Vanity

1 Seymour, Richard $ 24,691,160 New England Patriots

2 Brees, Drew $ 22,000,000 New Orleans Saints

3 McKinnie, Bryant $ 17,500,000 Minnesota Vikings

4 Hutchinson, Steve $ 16,588,080 Minnesota Vikings

5 Backus, Jeff $ 16,252,310 Detroit Lions

6 Brady, Tom $ 16,004,840 New England Patriots

7 Palmer, Carson $ 15,750,000 Cincinnati Bengals

8 Abraham, John $ 15,503,300 Atlanta Falcons

9 Alexander, Shaun $ 15,125,000 Seattle Seahawks

10 Wayne, Reggie $ 15,100,440 Indianapolis Colts

The Pats are cheap and don't pay their players.

What about the other years? Players generally don't get paid high averages, but rather it's front or back loaded. Generally it's from the signing bonus at the beginning, and if you only count that in the first year, they make nothing usually after that.

What about the other years? Players generally don't get paid high averages, but rather it's front or back loaded. Generally it's from the signing bonus at the beginning, and if you only count that in the first year, they make nothing usually after that.

Roughly, 28 million of the 40 million Brady and Seymour earned are in the form of bonuses. As we all know, that is the real money players earn.

There must be an error. The Patriots are the cheapest franchise in the NFL, remember!!! :)

I'm shocked myself, I heard from Jet fans that B.B. used his voodoo magic to get Seymore to sign for ten cents and a bucket of used golf balls. ;)

I'm shocked myself, I heard from Jet fans that B.B. used his voodoo magic to get Seymore to sign for ten cents and a bucket of used golf balls. ;)

No, no, no, he only does that with bored NJ housewives. ;)

No, no, no, he only does that with bored NJ housewives. ;)

That pad in park slope cost him a pretty penny (like my alliteration). He's no doubt relieved he didn't get her knocked up and having to pay her child support for the next 18 years or so. seems like BB should have coached Tom up on condoms. Just saying.

Archived