Ken Griffey-would you try to trade for him if you were the Mets?

faba

I hope the Yankees get him... and trade Damon... Then Griff can play CF and DH... while Melky plays CF part time...

He needs to get on a team (yankees) where he can be a DH for some years and stay injury free...

Yes . He seems healthy and is having a great year.

Send Green to the bench which gives us greater depth.

We can still add a SP and all we really need is one for this season assuming everyone returns from injury ok.

The price would have to be taken into consideration though. I would part with Milledge or Gomez and a pitching prospect while taking on his salary.

I really don't see Cincy letting him go though as he is their only draw.

I hope the Yankees get him... and trade Damon... Then Griff can play CF and DH... while Melky plays CF part time...

He needs to get on a team (yankees) where he can be a DH for some years and stay injury free...

No, thank you..the Yankees do not need him..he's a lazy whining bitch.. his character is ****, and he has the maturity of a child. he would fit right in with the Mets though. heh.

No, thank you..the Yankees do not need him..he's a lazy whining bitch.. his character is ****, and he has the maturity of a child. he would fit right in with the Mets though. heh.

Im guilty of being a Griffey fan from back in the day... Im just being selfish wanting him on the yanks... lol

Never heard that anywhere else before about either Griff or the Mets.

Go figure.

Short answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Answer: Yeah... great idea, add another old outfielder who gets hurt all the time. Cliff Floyd would cost us a lot less....Lets trade away some of our youth and the future. DONT MORTGAGE THE FUTURE FOR THIS YEAR! THIS IS NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB. Id rather fall apart and miss the playoffs and get rid of all these old f*ucks and get some of our young talent up here and win it in a year or two.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD OMAR, DO NOT TRADE OUR PROSPECTS AWAY FOR SOME OLD PIECE OF SH!T. DONT TRADE IT AWAY FOR A PITCHER WHO WILL ONLY MAKE 8-9 STARTS THE REST OF THE WAY!!!!

Never heard that anywhere else before about either Griff or the Mets.

Go figure.

His workouts in the off-season consist of playing golf, little wonder he has a 12 year hamstring injury that won't go away. he's lazy, and he's still whining about being thrown out of the Yankee clubhouse as a kid in the mid 80's. put all that together and you have an aging, injury prone lazy whiner, would you want him on your team?

Yes . He seems healthy and is having a great year.

Send Green to the bench which gives us greater depth.

We can still add a SP and all we really need is one for this season assuming everyone returns from injury ok.

The price would have to be taken into consideration though. I would part with Milledge or Gomez and a pitching prospect while taking on his salary.

I really don't see Cincy letting him go though as he is their only draw.

No way would I give up Milledge for a Hall Of Famer\Marketing machine like Griffey. Some ex aging Mets once said good things about Lastings. He is back and healthy now you can't let him go.

lol.

No way would I give up Milledge for a Hall Of Famer\Marketing machine like Griffey. Some ex aging Mets once said good things about Lastings. He is back and healthy now you can't let him go.

lol.

37 years old.

Hasnt played a full season since 2000.

Who cares if he's a HOF'r??? He wont go in as a Met and it doesnt affect his play on the field.

Who cares if he's a marketing machine??? Doesnt affect how he plays on the field.

Doesnt help us where we need it, LF. On the hook for the remainder of this year 8.4mil and next year 12.5mil w/ 09 team option of 16.5mil w/ 4mil buyout.

Why add this when we have young talent moving through the system who will be ready next year? Milledge was ready this year but we had no room b/c of Green and Alou. Then he got hurt. Milledge will be a very good ballplayer and right now is basically worthless because everyone is trying to ride him out of town.

Sure Griffey will add some offense, but the negatives outweigh the positives.

As I said earlier, if we can get a younger, productive OF, I would make a deal. But not for a 37 year old who is fragile, even more so than CLiff Floyd. And we need right handed power

I love Griffey and I think he is a lock for the Hall, but as of now, I honestly wouldn't give up close to anything for him, he is just flat out and the end of the line, sure he can still hit at the plate, but that gold glove defense is gone, and he has lost a bit of lipgloss of that sweet swing.

I love Griffey and I think he is a lock for the Hall, but as of now, I honestly wouldn't give up close to anything for him, he is just flat out and the end of the line, sure he can still hit at the plate, but that gold glove defense is gone, and he has lost a bit of lipgloss of that sweet swing.

On pace for 43 HR's and 111 RBI's.

If the price is cheap enough I take the injury risk.

37 years old.

Hasnt played a full season since 2000.

Who cares if he's a HOF'r??? He wont go in as a Met and it doesnt affect his play on the field.

Who cares if he's a marketing machine??? Doesnt affect how he plays on the field.

Doesnt help us where we need it, LF. On the hook for the remainder of this year 8.4mil and next year 12.5mil w/ 09 team option of 16.5mil w/ 4mil buyout.

Why add this when we have young talent moving through the system who will be ready next year? Milledge was ready this year but we had no room b/c of Green and Alou. Then he got hurt. Milledge will be a very good ballplayer and right now is basically worthless because everyone is trying to ride him out of town.

Sure Griffey will add some offense, but the negatives outweigh the positives.

As I said earlier, if we can get a younger, productive OF, I would make a deal. But not for a 37 year old who is fragile, even more so than CLiff Floyd. And we need right handed power

If he gives you half a season and you only have to give up a marginal talent like Lastings Miledge it is definitely worth it.

If he gives you half a season and you only have to give up a marginal talent like Lastings Miledge it is definitely worth it.

milledge marginal??? He has no track record in the majors... 169 ab's. 22 yrs old. Id rather hold onto my young players than trade for Griffey. Too much potential to throw away for a player we dont need

milledge marginal??? He has no track record in the majors... 169 ab's. 22 yrs old. Id rather hold onto my young players than trade for Griffey. Too much potential to throw away for a player we dont need

Max is still upset the Mets did not trade for Barry Zito last year with Milledge. Like the great things him and his contract has done for the Giants-in last place with a ridiculous contract saddled with.

Max is still upset the Mets did not trade for Barry Zito last year with Milledge. Like the great things him and his contract has done for the Giants-in last place with a ridiculous contract saddled with.

I was against trading for Zito LY since he is a flake and would have suffocated in NY.

Only having a player for the strecth run and losing him the next year is a terrible way to run a franchise. You lose out more than you win.

Plus, Milledge aint worth crap this year. He has to get out there and play before he will be worth anything.

It's a joke man, you would have had to been posting here last year to get it.

Archived